Thread: EBII.exe Norton Antivirus Removed

Default EBII.exe Norton Antivirus Removed

Norton has quarantined EBII.exe citing WS.REPUTATION.1 should I restore and do the people who upload the files have Antivirus??

Default Re: EBII.exe Norton Antivirus Removed

You are literally the first to ever mention a virus being in the files. I'm 99,99999% sure there's no virus in EB with the download. If it's not a false alarm you definetly got it from somewhere alse since you are the first to report it ever. I assume it's a false alarm though
    Europa Barbarorum Secretary

I'll unquarantine but has the uploader of the installer scanned the files with Antivirus? You wouldnt happen to have the .exe for v2.1 to double check? It also said hundreds of users within the norton community have used this file?
    Last edited by Lizardo; 03-16-2016 at 16:39.

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Dear gods, people still suffer under Norton's atrocious bloatware?
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

I just wonder why an installer exe would come up with that definition anyway i had the impression norton was good what do you recommend karpersky?

ESET Nod 32

Members thankful for this post (2):

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Dear gods, people still suffer under Norton's atrocious bloatware?
    Evidently.

I personally consider it a virus...and treat it accordingly.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lizardo View Post
    I just wonder why an installer exe would come up with that definition anyway i had the impression norton was good what do you recommend karpersky?
    Quote Originally Posted by HFox View Post
    ESET Nod 32
    The above, ESET is about the only non-bloatware AV out there. Norton, McAffee, Kaspersky - wouldn't touch any of them.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

WS Reputation is a silly annoying part of norton that hasn't actually ever helped me once.
    What it does is delete/quarantine anything (I am using the word anything liberally) it doesn't recognize due to a lack of norton users downloading the file. This doesn't mean it is a bad file, just unrecognized.