Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: IKEA mafia [Concluded]

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Default Re: IKEA mafia

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    Why are there two votes on Atpg?
    Because the mafia is particularly suicidal this game.

Well, except for Visor. He's townish.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Vote: Jarema

Quote Originally Posted by Jarema View Post
    vote: Visorslash

Pizza, why are you making false promises?
    The tone of this post is completely off for town Jarrema.

Lynch him with great prejudice.

Vote: Jarema

@Pizza

your post was lacking something, figured I'd what you were missing:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    A quick note about WW theory and how I will play this game. Note that the arguments and facts presented here are indisputable, and that I will not engage in arguments about them, because those arguments are you wasting everyone else's time about meta that is well and comprehensively established. Go make reads so we can read you.

I've reflected on my role and realized that there is a GTO play for me in this game, and therefore I am compelled to pursue it. I am going to brute force my clearness immediately upon the opening of the thread.

I am hard-claiming, and I will never be rescinding. I am the seer. When it becomes prudent I will provide my peek.

Benefits:

1. I will survive tonight: I do not believe the wolves are able to kill me tonight, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would ever do this as the seer. I believe that this decision reduces the importance of the seer cover to be provided by all of you to the point of it being negligible. The wolves have already been outplayed, as it were.

2. I'm lock clear: All of you already know I'm lock clear, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would do this as a wolf. You know this for at least two reasons. First, this is the easiest, lowest-stress, lowest-demand game to wolf in that I've ever played in (except for turbos). I have no need to complicate my life, as a wolf, by open-claiming on thread open, when all Ihave to do is provide like a C-level wolf game to probably win. This is the rare instance where you literally [i]know[i] that I have a billion other options as a wolf, AND that I would pursue probably ALL of
    them before pursuing this. Second, I engage in FPS exceedingly rarely, which necessarily means that I *know* that this will look WEIRD and SHOCKING to you. There is no merit to a wolf play that instantly generates WEIRD and SHOCKED responses that I would be obligated to finesse and manage for the remainder of the game. As a villager, which I am, the burden is totally on you to not **** up and lynch me. Makes my life super awesome.

3. There are only 11 players you need to try to read, rather than 12: I have already provided a "free" peek of me in a game with a mere 13 players. Our win equity is dramatically improved by my being entirely off the table for the entire game.

Conclusion:

The burden of sound reasoning is now entirely upon you. I am the seer, and thus a villager, and thus lock clear. The game is immediately simpler than it would otherwise have been, because of my decision. Now, let us enjoy that benefit and win the game.

Also, to preempt a lengthy and pointless discussion.

It is NOT dumb to ponder this post and convince yourself of its wisdom. That is your obligation as a villager, and I encourage you to think it over for as long as it takes to quell your (initially valid but ultimately unnecessary) concerns.

It IS dumb to, AFTER doing that pondering, conclude that I'm "neutral" or "wolfy." That is legitimately stupid, and I won't entertain it. ONE of the reasons it is a stupid conclusion is that the upside of this play as a wolf is absolutely DWARFED by the upside of this play as a villager. There is no equivalency between the EV gain for wolf-me in this position and villager-me in this position. They're universes apart. That means I wouldn't DO the poorer option of the two (by extension, wolf-me also wouldn't BELIEVE that I could convince the entire game of the truth of these assertions for the entire game, which as an end-game wolf I would have to believe if this strategem were to be worth pursuing). A SECOND reason that conclusion is stupid is that the EV bonus of oding this as a wolf is COMPLETELY DWARFED by me baseline wolf EV anyway. Anything that complicates my wolfing life is RIDICULOUSLY stupid for me to do, given that my wolfing life is ALREADY one of the smoothest, highest expectation wolfing lives in WW history anyway. A THIRD reason that conclusion is stupid is that you would probably have to worry about being EXPLOITED by this gambit in order to get there. However, I have NEVER engaged in this, or any similar, gambit in my entire career, meaning that if there IS exploitation to be had with this play, it is in FUTURE GAMES, not this game. For these reasons, pressuring me is extremely wolfy and should not be engaged in by any villager, ever, in this game. There will be no less productive pursuit than that in this game.

Sucks for the wolves when meta is wielded this brutally, but my allegiance is plain and my strategy perfect. Get #rekt.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Is that a copypasta or did you write that all yourself?

Because if it's the latter then you have my unquestioning vote for, like, at least a couple phases.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

also GH is probably a wolf

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Is that a copypasta or did you write that all yourself?

Because if it's the latter then you have my unquestioning vote for, like, at least a couple phases.
    it was written by a man named CPHoya on 2+2

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Visor View Post
    it was written by a man named CPHoya on 2+2
    Ugh, please tell me that's not what I have to look forward to.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Ugh, please tell me that's not what I have to look forward to.
    no

but there will be a lot of people who write a lot of useless text

Blog Entries

Why do you think I'm probably scum?

Why do you think I'm probably scum?
    Just a negative tonal reaction to your posts on the last page.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Vote: Pizza

Ohmigodusuck
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Why does Al Sipsclar replicate Visor's votes?
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Why not everyone?

also GH is probably a wolf
    Visor is town.

Player list:
    1. Askthepizzaguy - town
    2. AdmiralKleenex - town
    3. Jarema - wolf
    4. El Barto - town by posting something relevant to the game
    5. atheotes - null
    6. BSmith - town by RNG
    7. Al Sipsclar - town
    8. Double A - null
    9. GeneralHankerchief - wolf
    10. Seireikhaan - mild wolf lean for using i instead of y on omygodyousuck, clearly faking over the top reaction to make it seem like he doen't care
    11. johnhughthom - town by RNG
    12. Visor - town
    13. edse - null
    14. Choxorn - nulll
    15. Punisher - null
    16. Raith Kemmler - town
    17. Golden1Knight - null

i don't know why i did this, but enjoy

that post feels weird

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralKleenex View Post
    that post feels weird
    if it feels really early and out of the blue thats because it is

I don't see how you can so easily conclude i am town and gh is a wolf, for example.

I don't see how you can so easily conclude i am town and gh is a wolf, for example.
    Because I didn't like GH's early posts and if he is a wolf you are a villager. And your early posts were okay too.

They're just snapreads.

anyway lynch gh imo

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

vote: jarrrrrrrrrrrema

Do you seriously think that GH is mafia?

Do you seriously think that GH is mafia?
    why are you asking double a?

why are you asking double a?
    i am asking you

visor, this is a matter of honor. There can only be one, and I will be that one.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

4. El Barto - town by posting something relevant to the game
    *note to self: must look scummier*
    seriously
    double a?
    *Does not compute*
    *system error*
    *required memory purge*
    *proceed y/n?*
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

visor, this is a matter of honor. There can only be one, and I will be that one.
    do you legitimately have a wolf read on GH or are you just mucking around?

It's a wannabe-GH speaking about honour. That impostor, usurper. Cannot be serious.

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast