Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Season 3: Mafia Champions- NOMINATE SOMEONE

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Default Re: Season 3: Mafia Champions- NOMINATE SOMEONE

Don't give out any RL data, give them the stuff on GH the player.

NATIONALITY: .orgah

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): [insert year]

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: the .org. ??????

BIO: Narrator of the Pirate Mafia series, 100% failure/success rate when attempting to lead a town (depends how you see it), host of the Rock/Paper/Scissors championships, erm… what else can one say?

Edit: if you give us your life story (as a player/GM I mean) I can pirate-talkify it for you.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

*achieved the rank of general

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"established a tradition of serial killers leading towns and then dying late game explicitly because of it"

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

*likes to quote Roman classics*

'mon, let's make a list. Hmm… how bad is he as a moderator?
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

NATIONALITY: Pirate

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): '06, though we're not sure which century.

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: The .Org

BIO:
    GeneralHankerchief, is he even still around? Apparently so. As the founding member of mafia at the .org, he is known affectionately around those parts as being "over the hill", "decrepit", "desiccated", and "dirt's grandpappy". And yet he is so devoted to that backwater site that no one ever visits that he's never even ventured out to play mafia on another site. He's the grizzled old timer who sits in a rocking chair on the porch every day telling 70 year olds to git off his lawn. He's been through at least seven depressions and four world wars, and affectionately refers to Kaiser Wilhelm I as "that spry young Prussian boy". Please be advised that he may show up dressed like a pirate, wearing an onion on his belt, and that for him, this is perfectly normal. During this event, he may mutter things like "where am I?" or "who in the hell are you people?", and this will demonstrate that, even in his twilight years, he's still the sharpest bulb in our particular knife shed. He may talk about the "good old days", before there were any "roles" like cops added to these games, having to hunt using only wits alone, and how people used to play without alignment reveals, and if they were mafia, they had to write their own murder narrations or else it didn't count. And believe it or not, that's completely true, we had a team of archaeologists look into it. Please handle with care, as he is extremely fragile and we would like his raggedy old bones returned to us in some semblance of being intact, and he definitely has the osteoporosis.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 04-04-2016 at 05:34.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Members thankful for this post (7):

+ Show/Hide List

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

-edit- will add to this as I think of more.

BIO:
    If I actually know what's going on I might not suck.

BIO:
    Living (for now) proof that age doesn't necessarily equal wisdom.

BIO:
    Has spent nearly ten years exclusively in one mafia community. Doesn't notice the smell anymore.

BIO:
    Is thoroughly unimpressed with everyone else's stories of how they singlehandedly carried [floundering faction] to victory in scenarios X, Y, and Z. Not because he's done better, just because he doesn't care.

BIO:
    Oh, everybody else is doing pithy, short bios too? Cool, cool.

BIO:
    GeneralHankerchief: Old and delusional, until he isn't.

BIO:
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 04-04-2016 at 16:12.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Heh, I'm ancient and GH remembers entire eras of mafia "Before Pizzaguy". Ages of history and pages of threads and years that went by where there was some goddamned peace and quiet.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Previous bios:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    #13 Player: Zack

Username for this game: Zaccino

Representing: CivFanatics

Started playing in: 2009

Bio:
    Zack has played in well over a hundred games across several sites, and hosted more than twenty himself. In 2013, he won awards for "Best Mafia Performance", "Best All-Around Player", "Best Scumbag", and came in second for "Most Enjoyable Player" and "Best Townie". When he's town, he is usually killed off early, and when he's mafia he tends to survive to the end of the game.

Zack is world-renowned for his humility and philanthropy. He is also quite handsome.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack
    You howl for a duel, I'll put you down like the smelly cur you are. Woof.

#2 Player: Askthepizzaguy

Username for this game: Askthepizzaguy

Representing: Totalwar

Started playing in: 2008

Qualifications:
    Askthepizzaguy has tons of experience having played in about 200 games and hosted well over 50. He is regarded as the top player on Totalwar where he is also the guy in charge of the mafia subforum. One of his impressive statistics on this forum is having won 11 out of 14 wolf games, surviving 9 of those.

In addition to this, he is well respected on other forums and was in fact one of the top suggestions on Idlemafia, Giraffeboards and Straight Dope where he has also played.

Bio:
    "In a nutshell I believe in activity, questioning one another, lying and misleading even while town, and acting intelligently with regards to the vote tally."

#15 Player: Montmorency

Username for this game: Montmorency

Representing: The Org (aka Totalwar)

Started playing in: 2011

Qualifications:
    Montmorency has participated in over 50 games since he started playing on The Org in 2011.

Besides earning his way into this game through a public vote in which he received 50 % of all votes (with the remaining votes being spread out), he has also previously received an award for Best Participant (2011).

Bio:
    "how did i get here i thought this was the bathroom"

#13 Player: Visorslash

Username for this game: No Lynches

Representing: TW Center

Started playing in: 2011

Bio:
    [youtube]J9CeC3yrcG4[/youtube]

#2 Player: Askthepizzaguy

Username for this game: Askthepizzaguy

Representing: The Org

Started playing in: 2008

Bio:
    Askthepizzaguy is the only player in history convinced that if he stares at a screen long enough, and types enough words, he can force people to confess their roles in the guessing game known as mafia. He's also convinced that he's good at it, despite mountains of evidence otherwise. Selected for the previous season of mafia championships for absolutely no reason that we can see, he joined the website 2+2 and was thoroughly satisfied with himself for voting nothing but scumbags in one game, surviving to the final lynch, and being lynched instead of convincing anyone at all to lynch even a single wolf, because he's under the impression that is a notable accomplishment. Having driven away all the players from TWC, he achieved a similar goal at his native website known as the Org, and once hosted a mafia game so terrible that mafia is no longer even played on the Straight Dope, and every other website he's been to is losing players at an alarming rate. His most recent accomplishments feature a string of unfinished overhyped and overdesigned games, and seems to understand the word "retirement" much like a professional wrestler does, and continually announces his retirement forever from mafia games on multiple sites, only to still hang around as if anyone cares, and voluntarily join more games no one asked him to join. Basically, he's a clingy, self-absorbed, delusional, overly talkative, emo bitch, so he'll fit right in at 2+2.

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

so do these go in the playbill for everyone's parents

Your representative's Championship game started just a few hours ago: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/...a-Championship

I want to talk about and spectate the game - what do I do?

If you wish to actively spectate and show support for your representative, then there are two ways of doing this.

1) There will be a private spectator thread on the site for each game that you may request access to. Simply register on the site and PM the user "Thingyman", and I will add you. Feel free to spectate games that your representative isn't in as well. These threads are published after the game completes.

2) We have a spectator chat on Skype, with currently more than 200 people in it. It's very active and fun, I highly suggest you join it if you have Skype. It's way more active than the on-site ones. Just add me: thingyman.

None of these two chats/threads will be spoiled!

Finally, we kindly ask that you refrain from commenting too much on the games in public on this forum, as the other representatives will easily be able to find and read through this (as has happened in the past). I can't control what you do here, but out of respect for the integrity of this Championship, it's best if you don't discuss your reads on your representative or the other players or make comments that could potentially indicate your reads. I.e. even something like "oh man, our representative is totally being his usual self right now" is not good. Speaking very generally about what has happened so far in the game (so as to update your fellow community members) without commenting on it is fine though.

I hope this doesn't seem too strict to you guys, but the game can become very uncomfortable (and unfair) if there is discussion about it outside of the game thread. If you want to have your own private spectator chat, that is of course also totally fine and I even encourage it (I'd love to be added if you make one of these) :)

I wish your representative and your community all the best of luck for this season! :)

Congrats to gh for a well earned victory!

Members thankful for this post (3):

So we let him off the hook here so that he can go and play with other people?

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visor and I made the wild card game, the ride isn't over yet.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Members thankful for this post (3):

Wildcard game is stacked

Should be interesting

It can't be that stacked if a couple of schlubbs from our neck of the woods made it in.

I had some respect for this tournament, once. Then Zack and I both made it to the finals. Then Visor and GH made it past the first round.

Tsk tsk tsk. Don't these people realize we're casual mafia players, not pros like the more elite forums across the world?
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Members thankful for this post (2):

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Maybe that's the problem, the amateurs are making stoopid moves the elites don't expect.

Good job GH and Visor!

Apparently the jury is looking for someone who can post relevant gifs, I just pander to my audience.

If it's all about posting cat .gifs, then I should hasten my incorporation into these games.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Visor and I made the wild card game, the ride isn't over yet.
    I suppose i should congratulate visor sometime then. I'll put it on my schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    I suppose i should congratulate visor sometime then. I'll put it on my schedule.
    *checks calendar*

congrats visor!

Member thankful for this post:

Visor 

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    *checks calendar*

congrats visor!
    You may need to schedule another congrats soon, Visor and I were both on the winning side (town) and we're on the shortlist to advance to the finals.

congrats you miserable bastards

That was an unscheduled congratulation. Take it back!

Your representative's Championship game is about to start.

I want to talk about and spectate the game - what do I do?

If you wish to actively spectate and show support for your representative, then there are two ways of doing this.

1) There will be a private spectator thread on the site for each game that you may request access to. Simply register on the site and PM the user "Askthepizzaguy*", and I will add you. Feel free to spectate games that your representative isn't in as well. These threads are published after the game completes.

2) We have a spectator chat on Skype, with currently more than 200 people in it. It's very active and fun, I highly suggest you join it if you have Skype. It's way more active than the on-site ones. Just add me: Askthepizzaguy.

None of these two chats/threads will be spoiled!

Finally, we kindly ask that you refrain from commenting too much on the games in public on this forum, as the other representatives will easily be able to find and read through this (as has happened in the past). I can't control what you do here, but out of respect for the integrity of this Championship, it's best if you don't discuss your reads on your representative or the other players or make comments that could potentially indicate your reads. I.e. even something like "oh man, our representative is totally being his usual self right now" is not good. Speaking very generally about what has happened so far in the game (so as to update your fellow community members) without commenting on it is fine though.

I hope this doesn't seem too strict to you guys, but the game can become very uncomfortable (and unfair) if there is discussion about it outside of the game thread. If you want to have your own private spectator chat, that is of course also totally fine and I even encourage it (I'd love to be added if you make one of these) :)

I wish your representative and your community all the best of luck for this finale! :)

Note: I stole Thingyman's post to save time. He wrote most of this.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 08-15-2016 at 10:24.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12