Thread: unrest in nomad camps

Default unrest in nomad camps

after i wrote this thread title i really wanted to write a paragraph that was a bad joke about horse culture nomads being upset over something silly. since i declined to subject you to that, please just imagine it yourself. sorry.

ok, the real point of this thread is that i've been playing a long campaign as the bosporitai. i want to applaud the team because it's just great. when i tried them in a previous version of the game they were weak and harshly handicapped by the mechanics of culture and hellenistic colonies. now they're versatile, varied, and powerful. pontic spearmen, hoplitai haploi, and scythian archers are cheap and effective. thats not even to speak of the great units they get later on. i think that making the FMs be scythian riders is good too; they would probably be overpowered otherwise.

the problem i encountered is that its too easy to hold captured nomad settlements; in my experience they dont get the settled cities' unrest penalty after conquest. i actually think its zero unrest, only cultural penalty. this was brought home to me when i finally converted a captured nomad camp (maiotes). it had zero unrest for the many years i held it as nomad. when i converted, the normal 40-60% unrest for a captured city was sitting there waiting for me. whoa!

i dont know if its hardcoded or anything, but my suggestion would be to add normal unrest penalty to nomad camps too. much later in this campaign when i became quite strong, i got pissed at the sauromates and smashed them pretty easily. it wouldnt have been possible if the settlements had no unrest.

thanks team and fellow fans!

Member thankful for this post:

z3n 

Default Re: unrest in nomad camps

Are u from edenham high

Default Re: unrest in nomad camps

no lizardo unfortunately im still held up in elementary school
    maybe one day!