Thread: Greetings

Default Greetings

Hello everybody my name i'ts Adrik i'm new to this forum, hope to get along.

I have some starter questions that it hope you can help me with

1.- In the plain 1.5 vainilla version of RTW i have no troubles getting gold, in Eb it's different i find myself almost sacratching every mnai, no matters how many merchant, farm, or road buildings i have. Can you tell me how ot make more money? i keep all the garrisons to the minimal, and destroy every building it's not for my faction use.

2.- I'm currently playing with Epeiros, since i have a Romani game that have an issue, i already got about half of the winning conditions terrytories when i finish turn and when it's the cartaghinians "Turn" the game closes up and windows says thete is an unexpecte problem Any idea how to solve that?

3.- Now that we are talking about Epeiros, Should i attack on the getae? currently i'm only on war against the romani, and it's pretty much controled, but the getae are getting powerfull in the north and with most of my army on Italy the could do a lot of damage before if they decide to attack. Or it will be better to get on the makedonian/Koinon Hellenon fray? Since the begginin of the game they are fighting with no clear winners so far.

4.- Anybody up for a game?

Ps. English it's not my mother languaje so feel free to correct my grammar so i can improve it :3

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Greetings

Hello Lobo Blanco, welcome to the .Org and to EB .

1) Disbanding troops that you don't need is a good start. Also remember to check your fleets, as these are even more expensive. The best way to accumulate wealth in EB are mines first and ports second. (Though not the "expensive port expansions": those are just there for role-playing. They are not worth the money).

Generally, at the start of the game a faction has to choose between fighting an aggressive war (in order to obtain profitable provinces) or disbanding its troops. If you don't do either, you will spend a long time in debt because factions start with more armies than they can afford.

2) It's been a while since I played EB1, but IIRC it would crash after playing it for a few hours due to an unfixed memory leak in R:TW itself. Can you continue the campaign after restarting EB?

3) The starting game of Epiros is all about priorities. You can fight Rome, or Macedon, or the Getai, but not all three. If you are at war with Macedon and/or the KH, I'd say you should finish them off. It will get you a profitable mine in the Macedonian capital, and some good ports from the KH. There are also a few good mines north of Macedonia, so getting into war with the Getai could be useful as well. However, I would try to avoid getting into multiple wars at the same time. If the Romans are still attacking you, I'd do something about that first.

4) Multiplayer EB? Though it's not as active as it used to be, there recently was a call for players. Check out this thread.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Default Re: Greetings

Thanks for the warm welcome Ludens.

1.- I disband everything i don't need, and only have 2 small fleets, to do small trips (Since i am not to far away yet) I took an agressive position, but from the begginin i am on war with romani and the makedonians, but i only take Pella from the Makedonians, don't attack them later, y focus basically on a 2 point strategy, 1 defending Taras from de romani and moving East conquering Eleuterhoi towns.

2.- I have turned off and on the pc and the game still crashes

3.- I have a fast war where i destroyed Pontus, and initiate a campaing against the romani on italy because they left their southern cities with almost no garrison so i'm now focusing there. Then i guess i should froze he war with the romani defending on Arretium y Arrimiun. And charge againts makedonia since they have almost destroyed the continental KH.

4.- I'll check it right now

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

1 / 3) A single fleet or small army is already is already very expensive in EB1. You simply can't afford to fight a multiple front war, unless you are very rich.

2) That's odd. I can't help you with that. Maybe you can ask over at the TWC EB fora, as those are still active.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Uergobretos Senior Member Brennus's Avatar

Welcome Lobo Blanco!

donated by ARCHIPPOS for being friendly to new people.
    donated by Macilrille for wit.
    donated by stratigos vasilios for starting new and interesting threads
    donated by Tellos Athenaios as a welcome to Campus Martius

Quote Originally Posted by Brennus View Post
    Welcome Lobo Blanco!
    Thank's glad to be here! :3 sorry i took so long to answer XD

Member thankful for this post: