Thread: Swedish cabinet member resigns over ties to islamist organisations

Default Swedish cabinet member resigns over ties to islamist organisations

Along with the ties mentioned in the title Mehmet Kaplan has also likened Israel and the jews to the Nazis in the 30s. This is breaking news and I'm sure there might be some news articles written in English that I will edit in here later. (The Local, not the best source but at least in English http://www.thelocal.se/20160418/swed...uits-after-row )

Last week it was revealed that Mehmet Kaplan has attended a dinner with among others the Swedish head of the local branch of the Grey Wolves. He also has strong ties to various organizations fighting for the right of terrorists to not be put in jail, anti-integration/assimilation organizations, having invited speakers preaching the stoning of homosexuals to parliament etc. etc.

To this we can of course also add him having done a horrible job of his portfolio (housing and IT), overall in my view him being forced out of the cabinet is a great step forward, especially since he is a member of the smaller part of the two-party government.

EDIT: Expecting that any proper publication will probably not have something written up for at least a few hours, I'll just add the Local link which is at least in English.
    Last edited by Snowhobbit; 04-18-2016 at 12:15. Reason: Added link to news report.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default Re: Swedish cabinet member resigns over ties to islamist organisations

Nothing about it here, but is anyone surprised, Sweden just happens to be Sweden, creepier than the Stephard Wives.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Nothing about it here, but is anyone surprised, Sweden just happens to be Sweden, creepier than the Stephard Wives.
    Well, this is the first time that we have had an Islamist (not Muslim, Islamist) as a cabinet secretary. Of course the things which have caused him to resign were mostly public knowledge at the time of his appointment.
    Two years ago some Social-democrats tried to put one of their own Islamists (again, not to be confused with Muslim) high up on the election list so he could get a seat in parliament. There was some ruckus about it and he was forced to resign from all party positions, and the people who were most vigorous in campaigning for him have been forced out of the spotlight. And the Moderates decided not to have their own Islamist (believed that women should be beaten by their husbands if they are disobedient, said so on television) run in the 2014 elections.

As always things move slow (unless the house is on fire, like the refugee policy change last autumn) in Sweden, but at least they are moving the right way (sorta, the Greens have been so far adamant in their support of the man who thinks Israelis today are basically Nazis).

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

I can't really say what I think about Sweden without being sexist, calling it the home of the Stephard Wives probably has enough clarity to it to understand of what I really think of Sweden. Dumb-looking housewives baking pies with a stupid grin on their face when things are falling apart. It is not an unintantional insult to Sweden so I respect all consequences
    Last edited by Fragony; 04-18-2016 at 14:54.

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

And earlier that year Kaplan compared Swedish jihadists in Syria to Swedish freedom fighters in Finland during World War Two. He later apologized and said his comments had been misinterpreted
    You knew I was a snake.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    You knew I was a snake.
    Oh yes I forgot about that little gem, which logically would lead to him saying either that Finland in the 1940s engaged in massive sex-slavery trade and torture, gruesome executions of homosexuals etc, or somehow equating ISIS with an independent Finland fighting only to secure their borders against a much larger enemy. He is completely insane and I'm glad he's gone from the cabinet (though he still enjoys the strong support among the leadership of the Greens). Maybe if he stays until the next election we can get really lucky and the Greens will leave parliament? One can only wish.