Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Polandball Mafia [Concluded]

Default Re: Polandball Mafia [In Play]

@GH

Loved the theme, loved the art, loved every aspect of the game under your control.

@Tak & BSmith

CFC boys towned this one good.

@Visor

Defeated on easy mode with time to spare, eh. *sucks air through teeth*

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Hughes View Post
    @GH

Loved the theme, loved the art, loved every aspect of the game under your control.
    Is why am of criticisings. Non-sucky Polanball is not of true Polanball. Criticising is of compliments.

In factuals, I can into suggestion: This game of being uploaded into Polanball comics. Is of worthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Hughes
    @Tak & BSmith

CFC boys towned this one good.
    Is of true ^_^
    Dead town is of win!
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Hughes
    @Visor

Defeated on easy mode with time to spare, eh. *sucks air through teeth*
    Shots is of fired! huehuehue
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Yay town is of winnings

Gracias!

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Host's thoughts, in no particular order:

1) I originally put this game and its concept on the queue on Thanksgiving weekend, while drunk (or possibly nursing a hangover, or both). As it turns out, doing this is a bad idea.

2) I tried to hold my drawings as close as possible to the official submission rules on /r/polandball, but sometimes I couldn't be bothered to use the exact colors of the flag or draw stuff individually without copypasting (see: stars on my American flags). That said, on your role PMs, I made certain to make your individual countryballs as Polandball-correct as possible

3) Obviously the meta in recent times has moved far, far away from what I originally made my bones with back in the day. At first I was contemplating adding more roles, powers, etc to mimic the countries drawn, but eventually decided to just revert to what I know best: a nice vanilla game, with no reveals and talking after death.

4) Due to the extreme lack of practice this userbase (i.e. you guys) has had with this style of game in recent times, I was worried that posting would be way down, and the mafia would have an easy walk to victory. The former came true but the latter did not, which I'm quite pleased about.

5) I'm not sure if the tradeoff of "no reveals but dead are allowed to post" intrinsically favors one faction or the other. Obviously there's far more ambiguity that the town has to muddle through, but the mafia can't fall back on busing as much, and they also have to worry about people remaining influential after death. All in all, I see no reason for me to make the switch that everyone else seems to have done at this time.

6) Late in the game, Winston (I think it was him) made reference to my previous games, hoping to find an inclination of the mechanics. Winston had a good idea, but I based this game's "mechanics" - really, if there were truly any - off The Campground and not Mafia X. Incidentally, this game was originally designed for 17 players - the exact same amount that Campground had, and that game came down to a Lylo at final 3 (featuring an excellent Mexican standoff to boot).

7) Our mafiosi have yet to appear in this thread postgame, but from what I've seen of their kills most if not all of them were designed to kill off the inactive players - a strategy for which I'm grateful, as a host. The exception was the Winston kill, which was designed to frame El Barto.

8) Once again, I hope you all had fun, and thanks for playing!
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

no reveals are worse than GH's art

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910