Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Israel Thread

Default Re: Israel Thread

IDF scumbag kicks man praying: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c9qR01QyVI

Christian honor killing his daughter for dating a Muslim: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7846581.html

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Palestinian murders three Israelis while they were eating dinner: http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.802757

Definitely feels like the circle of violence is spiraling again, while I wouldnt go as far as to say 3rd Intifada, its getting worse.
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 07-25-2017 at 22:35.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Hamas expressed its support for the killing. Hamas spokesman Husam Badran said: "We will continue fighting the occupation in all points of friction for the support of Al-Aqsa."
    This is why Hamas is losing allies. Hard to deal with. Instead of blaming the killing on the Al Aqsa incident (sticking with their line of thought), they go and express support for it.
    Last edited by AE Bravo; 07-26-2017 at 00:07.

Metal detectors nixed at holy site, additional policing proposed, Fatah/Abbas rejects all new security measures

The dispute, like many in the Holy Land, is about much more than security devices, taking in issues of sovereignty, religious freedom, occupation and Palestinian nationalism.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
    This is why Hamas is losing allies. Hard to deal with. Instead of blaming the killing on the Al Aqsa incident (sticking with their line of thought), they go and express support for it.
    Hamas isnt exactly well known to be in the business of condemning the murder of innocents (if they are Israeli of course). Regardless which side one is on, the murder of innocents is never okay.

And its not just Hamas of course, there was quite a ruckus back in May when the Palestinian Authority named a women's center funded by the UN and Norway after a terrorist who helped murder 38 civilians, including over a dozen children.

The UN and Norway subsequently pulled their funding. http://www.torontosun.com/2017/05/29...fter-terrorist
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 07-26-2017 at 06:06.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Regardless which side one is on, the murder of innocents is never okay.
    Yes, which is why it's weird when honoring Shimon Peres and his ilk is okay but Palestinians mourning a counterpart is not. Palestinians honoring Dalal is no different than what Israelis have been doing all along.

Israeli PMs have been just as much if not more "terrorist" and child-murdering than these commoners.
    Last edited by AE Bravo; 07-26-2017 at 07:40.

Senior Member Senior Member Idaho's Avatar

Israel has deliberately destroyed both Palestinian infrastructure and political and civil society. If you organise in any way, you will be arrested without charge and detained without trial.

In such a situation what political groups *can* survive? Answer: those organised on an underground military basis.
    "The republicans will draft your kids, poison the air and water, take away your social security and burn down black churches if elected." Gawain of Orkney

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
    Yes, which is why it's weird when honoring Shimon Peres and his ilk is okay but Palestinians mourning a counterpart is not. Palestinians honoring Dalal is no different than what Israelis have been doing all along.
    Peres and his ilk are not celebrated for the act of murdering innocents.

You will never hear me say it is okay for Israel to be oppressing the Palestinian people like they are now. But lets not pretend that the Palestinians are saints either. I do agree that Israeli oppression has certainly facilitated the creation and activities of Hamas, but just like I think it is cowardly for Israeli society to always play the victim, same for the Palestinians. If both sides keeps going down this path of always blaming the other side for how they act, I can only see things ending very badly.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    If both sides keeps going down this path of always blaming the other side for how they act, I can only see things ending very badly.
    Rather "things never ending".
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    Rather "things never ending".
    Well yeah, but I think if some sort of solution isnt found it will end even worse than it is now.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    Well yeah, but I think if some sort of solution isnt found it will end even worse than it is now.
    I don't expect it to end in the foreseeable future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

Senior Member Senior Member Idaho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    To be fair, those 10 people in a photo op are not speaking on behalf of Israel or represents them. If they do, we would be pretty screwed given how EDL marches attracts hundreds and reportedly thousands in the biggest ones.
    Not really isolated fringe when the leading politicians say stuff like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6b1914d04d82005a18efdfd63f73b0f8.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	19749
    "The republicans will draft your kids, poison the air and water, take away your social security and burn down black churches if elected." Gawain of Orkney

Unfortunately, Israeli society has taken a rather decidedly paranoid shift to the point where any shadow is seen as the monster in the closet. There are real threats of course, but I feel like a lot of it is overblown to gain political points or to keep Israeli society in a state of fear. For example, the response to the Iran deal. Back in the March 2014 elections, Bibi would have made you think a second Holocaust was arriving.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910