Default Re: Israel Thread

Of course. Carry on heckling.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

I am not heckling, you probably silently agree with me

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
    Iran's aim is to dismantle Israel, not engage. They have never initiated a war, unlike Israel's preemtive striking tendencies. I remember an Iranian foreign minister once saying that their foreign policy was like weaving a Persian carpet, in that they'll delicately envelope the region like they are now with the Revolutionary Guard's paramilitary lackeys spread across the Levant.
    Certainly a smarter strategy.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Senior Member Senior Member Idaho's Avatar

This is the sad, bureaucratic reality of ethnic cleansing:
    Fawaqa told Ma’an that forces raided his house without prior notice, and began emptying and evacuating the house in preparation for demolition. Authorities told Fawaqa that his home would be destroyed for lacking nearly impossible to obtain construction permits.
    According to Fawaqa, he had been trying to obtain licenses for his house since he built it six years ago, but no no avail, pointing out that had paid more than 200,000 shekels ($55,403) in lawyers fees over the years.
    http://maannews.com/Content.aspx?id=776867

So Palestinians can't get permits for reasonable construction of houses, while militant settlers get permission to displace whole communities and build new towns.
    Last edited by Idaho; 05-07-2017 at 10:39.
    "The republicans will draft your kids, poison the air and water, take away your social security and burn down black churches if elected." Gawain of Orkney

So Palestinians can't get permits for reasonable construction of houses, while militant settlers get permission to displace whole communities and build new towns.[/QUOTE]

As one history prof of min said: "Be sensitive to when "justice" becomes "just Us"
    Ja-mata TosaInu

http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.787689

Nice. Be a borderline racist party appealing to far-right fears. Aplly bigoted policy. Ethnic tensions rise and more people vote for you due to the increased radicalism. Stellar strategy.

Palestinian teenage girl stands near the border. Someone shouts "knife" and several soldiers open fire on her, and continue to shoot her dead body:

http://maannews.com/Content.aspx?id=776923
    "The republicans will draft your kids, poison the air and water, take away your social security and burn down black churches if elected." Gawain of Orkney

Look at the headline on this piece in the new York times:

Wife of Palestinian Hunger Striker Denies He’s Sneaking Food
    Classic response to hunger strikers. Attack the legitimacy and sincerity of the protest. Undermine sympathy by either making light or hinting at fraud.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/0....facebook.com/

It's a tactic that states have used against hunger strikers since media was invented. The British state claimed the same against the suffragettes and the IRA.
    Last edited by Idaho; 05-10-2017 at 10:19.

Not that his discrediting has anything to to with the topic of obvious misconduct of Israel, but isn't the only the article 'she says' the video is fake

edit, there are no signs of any faking, been analysed and it's all good, filed under F for Fail. Candy-bar ohnomnomnom. So fucking what but hey

I know Israel is no saint, but why care so much. You don't have to answer I think I already know why, there just happens to be something that lefties neo-naxis and islamists share, it begins with anti
    Last edited by Fragony; 05-11-2017 at 14:38.

Is that one of those alt right dog whistle statements where you accuse me of anti semitism while maintaining a level of deniability? If so why not just ask me straight out if I don't like jews?

Blog Entries

That's not what dog whistling means. At all.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho View Post
    Is that one of those alt right dog whistle statements where you accuse me of anti semitism while maintaining a level of deniability? If so why not just ask me straight out if I don't like jews?
    Aren't you jewish yourself, nice trap. But in many cases yes

Radical settler group are evicting 81 families by a combination of legal and physical harassment:
    A private settler organization is planning “the most extensive expulsion scheme in recent years,” in the Batan al-Hawa area of Silwan in occupied East Jerusalem, the Israeli human rights group B’Tselem is warning.

The settler group, Ateret Cohanim, claims to own about an acre of land in the densely populated neighborhood near the al-Aqsa mosque.

The group has filed eviction claims against the 81 Palestinian families who live there.

B’Tselem says this concentration of evictions represents 45 percent of all Palestinians facing “dispossession on the basis of ethnicity” in East Jerusalem.
    https://electronicintifada.net/blogs...ampaign=buffer

And murder.
    https://www.rt.com/news/388824-israe...s-palestinian/

Also, last week some IDF scumbag killed a teenage Palestinian girl in cold blood.

These radical settlers sure are filth

Here's another example of those brave and noble zionists and their tough stance against terror:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...07570359384477

Settlers taunt a 15 year old girl as she bleeds to death in the street and block an ambulance for an hour. Charming.
    Last edited by Idaho; 06-01-2017 at 16:03.

Here's another example of those brave and noble zionists and their tough stance against terror:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...07570359384477

Settlers taunt a 15 year old girl as she bleeds to death in the street and block an ambulance for an hour. Charming.
    Why can' people just acknowidge that all sides are wrong. That is pretty heartbreaking that girl. I am getting a bit pissed of really, it indeed is starting to look like ethnic cleansing, not that it means anything but Israel is really losing my sympathy lately when itt comes to being nice, being nice like a sane person would be
    Last edited by Fragony; 06-01-2017 at 16:40.

And then you have the systematic imprisonment without trial for years :

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...24922777524646

Arrested by the army. Given no access to a lawyer or to see any evidence against them. That's 6 months in the chokey with nothing you can do or say about it. And on the last day of your 6 months the state can give you another 6 months. And what can you do? Hunger strike was pretty much the only thing left.

I am really torn, Chomsky might just have a point calling Israel a rogue-sttate. There are things I can't undersrtand because I could never be like that it's just not in me, On the other hand, serious eenemies
    Last edited by Fragony; 06-01-2017 at 20:37.

Repeated Israeli settler attacks on Palestinians filmed. No action taken.

http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/....7BF48B4D21D403

The video footage is clear: At least 10 settlers who set out from the direction of the Givat Ronen outpost to the adjacent West Bank village of Burin are seen throwing stones at Palestinians. The footage leaves no room for doubt. Five or more of the settlers’ faces are visible, and there were soldiers in the area who witnessed the stone-throwing. But indictments have yet to be filed in regard to the incidents, and there is no evidence that any suspects have even been detained for questioning.
    No citizenship rights. No status. Their property can be confiscated by the state and given to settlers. They can be imprisoned without trial.
    Last edited by Idaho; 06-25-2017 at 18:15.

Right wing Jewish gangs are free to beat up Palestinians with impunity:

http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/....2DB8317B656F5D

When a Jewish teen who attempted to help Palestinians tried to file a complaint, police said they had no knowledge of the incident
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f89496a6812c442ea7fa05f74a6501e7_18.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	19717
    None are so blind as those who will not see.

Ok, so none of you care about Israel. Well they are about to compromise your basic American political rights - the right to decide what you will pay money to:

https://theintercept.com/2017/07/19/...gainst-israel/

But now, a group of 43 Senators – 29 Republicans and 14 Democrats – want to implement a law that would make it a felony for Americans to support the international boycott against Israel, which was launched in protest of that country’s decades-old occupation of Palestine. The two primary sponsors of the bill are Democrat Ben Cardin of Maryland and Republican Rob Portman of Ohio. Perhaps the most shocking aspect is the punishment: anyone guilty of violating its prohibitions will face a minimum civil penalty of $250,000, and a maximum criminal penalty of $1 million and 20 years in prison.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Ok, so none of you care about Israel. Well they are about to compromise your basic American political rights - the right to decide what you will pay money to:

https://theintercept.com/2017/07/19/...gainst-israel/
    With 52 the GOP cannot get much done. A bipartisan group of 43 will not succeed in this. If this was somehow passed, I doubt the courts would rule in favor of it.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f89496a6812c442ea7fa05f74a6501e7_18.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	19717
    None are so blind as those who will not see.
    To be fair, those 10 people in a photo op are not speaking on behalf of Israel or represents them. If they do, we would be pretty screwed given how EDL marches attracts hundreds and reportedly thousands in the biggest ones.
    Last edited by Beskar; 07-20-2017 at 20:52.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

You can also find those same signs at Palestinian rallies. I was reminded of this thread by a post I saw on social media. It was the spongebob meme saying: "IsReAlS RiGhT tO eXiST", at least something to the fact.

Why would either side ever stop fighting if that is the alternative.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

I care about Israel & Palestine, but to be honest I have not been actively following the news. The kind of abuses that you've been posting about seem pretty standard fare...sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    With 52 the GOP cannot get much done. A bipartisan group of 43 will not succeed in this. If this was somehow passed, I doubt the courts would rule in favor of it.
    I find it pretty disturbing that even 43 senators could get behind it. I'm not sure what being a "co-sponsor" entails but if they claim that they're completely ignorant of the important points of the bill, it can't be much.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kralizec View Post
    I care about Israel & Palestine, but to be honest I have not been actively following the news. The kind of abuses that you've been posting about seem pretty standard fare...sadly.

I find it pretty disturbing that even 43 senators could get behind it. I'm not sure what being a "co-sponsor" entails but if they claim that they're completely ignorant of the important points of the bill, it can't be much.
    It means they support publicly....at least enough to show their supporters in their states...does NOT mean they will allow it to actually get to the floor and be voted upon.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

By pushing other governments to enact these kind of laws, Israel only makes it worse on themselves. I seriously wonder who is running their PR because it is some of the lousiest I have heard of. Best way to encourage the BDS movement is to try to ban it.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    By pushing other governments to enact these kind of laws, Israel only makes it worse on themselves. I seriously wonder who is running their PR because it is some of the lousiest I have heard of. Best way to encourage the BDS movement is to try to ban it.
    Israel's role on the international stage calls up a weird sort of Antisemitism2.

You know, those insidious Zionists are secretly weaponizing the Islamic hordes to destroy Europe/white Christianity for money and power and stuff.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Israel's role on the international stage calls up a weird sort of Antisemitism2.

You know, those insidious Zionists are secretly weaponizing the Islamic hordes to destroy Europe/white Christianity for money and power and stuff.
    Wouldnt be surprised if some people believed that. Israel doesnt really do such a great job at helping their own cause.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast