A Mish-Mash, with shots.... In Space!!!!
Hello fellow Orgahs
I'd host it here if we had that kind of player base. :)
Here is the link to the big game's sign-up sheet.
- 64+ players
- 36 hour Day Phases (most likely, there's a poll)
- 12 hour Night Phases (most likely, there's a poll)
- Large numbers of deaths per Day and Night Phase
- Mid-Day events which allow players to earn prizes (1x vig, 1x cop scan, 1x bulletproof, things like that)
- Mid-Day events called In-Thread-Attacks (ITA) lasting 30 mins to 1 hour, which allow players to take shots at one another with a small chance of death (The main source of fun for a lot of people, the game is designed around this event pretty much)
- Theme of the game is StarFox.
- Hosted by Askthepizzaguy primarily.
- Hosted on Mafia Universe
- In approximately 5 days from now.
What you'd want to know about the game before signing up (this is important)
1) Activity levels will be probably literally too high for anyone to keep up with in terms of trying to read every single post. In very large mish-mashes, ~everyone abandons the premise of reading every single post in the game even one time. This includes players like me who will spend 8 hours reading a game. Don't bother trying that. There are a couple of strategies to cope with that:
Spoiler Alert, click show to read:
2) This is a category of mafia game which is very fast paced, and even though there are 64+ players in the game, it's expected that multiple people will die almost every day and night phase. This ensures the game is over in a matter of a couple of weeks, max, despite the huge player numbers. Some from things called "day vigilantes", some from things called "In-Thread-Attacks" (ITA). There is also the possibility of "slank vig" and "character/role vig" for mafia or town. More explanation about this:
Spoiler Alert, click show to read:
3) Due to the fair possibility that you might have died mid-day phase, it's important to check to see if you're still alive before you start posting stuff, if you don't know for certain that you haven't died yet. Because all deaths will be posted under my main account, easiest way to check is to find my most recent posts. I will maintain a list of dead players. Also, I will use Mention tags (which send a notification to the top of your screen) which links directly to the post where you have died. Once you are dead, you are required to stop posting. If you post while dead and it reveals more information, violating the game integrity, your team (whichever it is) will incur a penalty of some kind. You really really want to avoid doing this so always check. Sometimes people will lie about whether or not you're still alive, as a joke or an attempt to gain information from you unwittingly, so don't believe them. Refer to the mod's posts.
4) Try not to take the game too seriously. You can die pretty much at any time, lots of people die relatively rapidly, and it's typically disorganized chaos. So what's the appeal?
5) The challenge for the townies is to have fun and to try to shoot at some mafia (even if the shot misses, you'll feel good about yourself later on), and figure out how to self-organize their own team into a viable scum-hunting force, rather than to trip over one another. The challenge is that some folks will have no idea what's going on, or who to trust. How do you lead a team like that? How do you participate in a team like that? Why should they trust you, anyway? If you hate organized leaderships, you can always just show up and shoot whoever you want. If they shoot you for it, who cares? Townies should decide how best they can help, because no one townie can do everything, even in an organized leadership type role.
6) If you manage to survive multiple day phases, that means you'll have personally had the opportunity as an individual townie to take shots at several mafioso with a chance of killing them each time. It's been the case that some townies have killed several mafia personally. Even if the shot doesn't kill them, it's fun to note how many shots you've taken at mafia by the end of the game, and see if you can personally rack up multiple scumbags dead by your hands. It's basically the ultimate game for a vanilla townie, because even they can wreck mafia without having to persuade people to lynch them.
7) The mafia team is very large and full of skilled players (usually) and powerful roles. Teams usually communicate via skype 24 hours a day, and have a quicktopic or private thread in case they don't use skype. Working with such a group of players is usually very fun. And the mafia team typically has a number of roles which can kill during Day and Night phases, and they can all shoot during ITA sessions as well. So they mostly have to decide who dies and in what order of priority. Only one of that massive team has to survive the game for the entire team to win, and the mafia team wins these games plenty of times. But it can be tricky to act like a townie convincingly. It's a delicate balancing act for whichever scumbag(s) make it deep into the game to maintain their poker face that long.
Any questions? Want more info before committing? PM me on MU or here on the Org, or ping me on skype and be patient.
I do ask that you read this post, and the rules of the game before committing- games this size typically need multiple sub players, so I am asking you not to add to that problem. If you commit to the game, please make sure it's a commitment. I'd rather you not sign-up if you aren't sure. It's relatively easy to die in a game like this, so if you find the game is not to your taste, please suck it up and wait until you die so I don't have to find a sub for your slot. Much appreciated on that!