Thread: Colors of Unit Banners in Battle (Pergamon vs Pontos) and another minor bug

Default Colors of Unit Banners in Battle (Pergamon vs Pontos) and another minor bug

First of all even though the game sometimes crashes after every second turn i enjoy it immensely. I just use the regular ctds to unhook myself from the game.

Regarding the abovementioned topic, i was irritated that pontos and pergamon troops have the same color on the battlemap. They do have different drawings on the banners but the same color (purple) makes it hard to fight them. On the strategic map the colors are different.

One can use the button to mark enemies red but one should not have to?

Edessa. Go from this city to the third bridge to the south which is perpendicular to the city. There, I attacked the Saka Rauka. they were on the bridge and my main army just across. Then i took a cavalry unit which was located in the settlement in the rear of the bridge and moved it to the left of
    my army. Afterwards i attacked. Unfortunately this unit never made it to the battle. It got stuck in the left corner. I didnt bother me but i just wanted to mention it.
    Last edited by Ruepelheinz; 05-29-2016 at 20:14.

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Default Re: Colors of Unit Banners in Battle (Pergamon vs Pontos) and another minor bug

Quote Originally Posted by Ruepelheinz View Post
    First of all even though the game sometimes crashes after every second turn i enjoy it immensely. I just use the regular ctds to unhook myself from the game.
    Is your game installed in Program Files or Program Files (x86)?
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Default Re: Colors of Unit Banners in Battle (Pergamon vs Pontos) and another minor bug

I dont have a steam version of this game. The Game is installed in my Game Folder on Drive D:

The funny thing is the game runs for a couple hours fine and then it starts to ctd after every other turn. I dont mind because i would play the game too long. For me it is a feature enabling me to discontinue the game.

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ruepelheinz View Post
    I dont have a steam version of this game. The Game is installed in my Game Folder on Drive D:

The funny thing is the game runs for a couple hours fine and then it starts to ctd after every other turn. I dont mind because i would play the game too long. For me it is a feature enabling me to discontinue the game.
    Ah, that sounds like a memory leak - ie the game grows too big for your virtual memory after a couple of hours.

Only thing you can do when that happens is quit and restart.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Thank you. In EB v2.2 there is still the issue that i have a hard time to distinguish the banners of pontos vs pergamon. just checked it in a custom battle. Is there an option to make the banner of pergamon more bluish instead of purple like pontos?