Thread: Issue with Minor Settlements, unable to interact with them

Default Issue with Minor Settlements, unable to interact with them

So I just installed version 2.2a of EBII and everything seemed to be working fine.

However, I noticed an issue regarding minor settlements on the campaign map. For example, started a Romani campaign, and the minor Epirote settlement west of Taras is shown, but I am unable to interact with it. I seem to recall in an earlier version of EBII, that that particular minor settlement had a small Epirote garrison and there was a faction banner over the settlement, but that is all missing now. When I hover my mouse over the settlement, it just indicates it is a minor settlement. I am not able to click on it or view the garrison or anything. When I moved an army south to investigate, I could land it right on the settlement, but it would not attack or occupy it.

I have not done anything to the vanilla MTW2 Kingdoms I have on my computer. It worked with the prior version of EBII. I followed the download instructions for 2.2a to the T: uninstalled EBII, installed new version, and patched same.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Please help!

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Default Re: Issue with Minor Settlements, unable to interact with them

That's not a bug, minor settlements have been removed. They are only graphical representations on the map (via resources), nothing else.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Ah, well that explains it. My apologies, I must have missed the memo on that. Is there any particular reason why that feature was removed? I personally thought it added a pretty cool dimension to the game play.

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

They are seriously bugged; on the campaign map they distort the CAI behaviour (full stack parked in a fort - yet ignoring an attack on the nearby proper settlement etc) and on the battle map they require walls which then mess up deployment.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Members thankful for this post (2):