Thread: Any quick way to mod down traitors ?

Default Any quick way to mod down traitors ?

I had stopped playing EB2 for a while for various reasons, but since 2.2 I started again. (and BTW, this update is wonderful)
    But the only thing that, to me, breaks immersion, is unloyal leaders that break apart anytime they can.
    In my ptolemaic game, my heir with a full stack joined eleutheroi by turn 10, while besieging damas.
    In my roman game, by turn 45, I send my praetor with a full stack on rhegion and he turns eleutheroi. I should have destroyed this city sooner :p

I do not mind being corrupted by my ennemis, but eleutheroi corrupting everybody breaks immersion to me (Well, you'd say a roman legion being sent to conquer rhegion and then rebelling feels legit, but still :D)
    Is there a quick way to reduce likelihhod of this, at least with eleutheroi, in a save-compatible way ?

Otherwise, do you have any strategic tips ? I've always thought only small stacks rebelled often...

EDIT : To be perfectly honext, I must admit than fighting my traitor's legion with a new one and killing the traitor was one of the most entertaining thing I've done i a while :)
    Last edited by bisthebis; 06-10-2016 at 22:06.

Default Re: Any quick way to mod down traitors ?

Quote Originally Posted by bisthebis View Post
    I had stopped playing EB2 for a while for various reasons, but since 2.2 I started again. (and BTW, this update is wonderful)
    But the only thing that, to me, breaks immersion, is unloyal leaders that break apart anytime they can.
    In my ptolemaic game, my heir with a full stack joined eleutheroi by turn 10, while besieging damas.
    In my roman game, by turn 45, I send my praetor with a full stack on rhegion and he turns eleutheroi. I should have destroyed this city sooner :p

I do not mind being corrupted by my ennemis, but eleutheroi corrupting everybody breaks immersion to me (Well, you'd say a roman legion being sent to conquer rhegion and then rebelling feels legit, but still :D)
    Is there a quick way to reduce likelihhod of this, at least with eleutheroi, in a save-compatible way ?

Otherwise, do you have any strategic tips ? I've always thought only small stacks rebelled often...

EDIT : To be perfectly honext, I must admit than fighting my traitor's legion with a new one and killing the traitor was one of the most entertaining thing I've done i a while :)
    If it's so fun, why do you want to "fix" it?

100 turns later, I must admit I'm glad he rebelled, it's indeed damn fun ^^

Member thankful for this post:

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

I see what you're saying.

Well, the problem is that there is no other option than to have them go eleutheroi when they betray you.

You do give me an idea though. Should run it by the rest of the team.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

What ever happened to the counter-faction feature? Was that RTW:Alex? Memory hazy.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Any quick way to mod down traitors ?

Quote Originally Posted by Adishee View Post
    What ever happened to the counter-faction feature? Was that RTW:Alex? Memory hazy.
    R:TW Barbarian Invasion. Unfortunately, counter-factions still required a faction slot (in the vanilla BI campaign, only the eastern and western Roman empires had counter factions), so the EB team decided not to use it.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    R:TW Barbarian Invasion. Unfortunately, counter-factions still required a faction slot (in the vanilla BI campaign, only the eastern and western Roman empires had counter factions), so the EB team decided not to use it.
    Maybe someday we can break those hardcoded limits...probably not.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Any quick way to mod down traitors ?

Quote Originally Posted by Adishee View Post
    Maybe someday we can break those hardcoded limits...probably not.
    'Fraid not. Hardcodes are inherent to a program: that's why they're called hardcodes. If you want to break the hardcodes, you'll have to rewrite the program. Technical difficulties aside (which are considerable), CA will understandably become upset if we start distributing altered R:TW .exe files.

(Also, for the record: hardcodes are not intended to frustrate modders. They're a normal consequence of programming. If you plan a game with 24 factions, you create 24 faction slots because that's easier to keep track of. It's only when modders push a game to the limits that hard-codes become a problem.)
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

z3n 

What Ludens said is entirely correct unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    'Fraid not.
    Indeed! It was a poor reply on my part, because I was somewhat referring to that petition to CA to open up the source code. I failed to express this.

In that regard, it's probably equally unrealistic. But – and I forget the lore of how exactly it happened – the even older flight simulator Falcon 4.0 eventually had its source code...probably leaked actually, but again I'd have to ask somebody. Point is, it's a game from, I think 1998, and still going strong today (revered as the most accurate flight sim of that airframe), having probably the best community in the combat flight sim world.

So, who knows what's possible if this code were released – or leaked.
    Last edited by adishee; 06-17-2016 at 12:07.