Thread: Music usage?

Default Music usage?

I'm rather fond of the soundtrack. In particular, of the song Endless Grasses by Chur. I wish to know what the rule is regarding using said song in a potential commercial release of a game I am developing.

Member thankful for this post:

chur 

Default Re: Music usage?

Well you can discuss it with @chur, when he stops by the forum. :)

chur 

I messaged him about it on youtube, and he redirected me here. He told me to talk to the EB team.

chur 

Hi! In my humble opinion, it must be logical - free using for non-commercial purposes (as in EB mod) and paid using for commercial (as my voice in Napoleonic Wars DLC). So you can use my music for free, but IF you will take some profit, it must be paid? But the final decision must be made by EB team, because those tracks were made for EB team exclusively. One track will not make me rich, but it's more important for me to be a part of my favorite and respected mod team :-) And I'm very grateful to them that they didn't "fire" me because of my delayed work. I'm refused all musical cooperation with my friends (I have no time), but stayed making EB soundtrack as I can.

Members thankful for this post (2):

All the music in this game is so great. I wonder whether the eastern soundtracks feature real tsiranapogh (duduk) or if it's just a very accurate synth. Sounds real to me!