Thread: DISABLING/EDITING CULTURAL CONVERSION RATE, NATURAL DISASTERS AND TRAITOR FEATURE'S.

Default DISABLING/EDITING CULTURAL CONVERSION RATE, NATURAL DISASTERS AND TRAITOR FEATURE'S.

Hi,
    1) does anybody know how to edit the cultural conversion rate. I want it to speed up but i do not know how to do so.
    2) How does one disable the natural disasters feature e.g. storms at sea and on land, earthquakes and floods. I want to remove things like storms, floods and earthquakes.
    3) How to disable traitors/turn coats feature e.g. (armies or generals defecting to rebels or other factions).

If anyone could help please on what to edit.

Default Re: DISABLING/EDITING CULTURAL CONVERSION RATE, NATURAL DISASTERS AND TRAITOR FEATURE

You will need notepad++ to make these changes safely and they will not work on a save game, and you will have to delete your map.rwm in ebii/data/maps/base

1) descr_campaign_db has the culture conversion rates
    2) ebii/data/maps/base has descr_disasters where you can edit frequency
    3) Honestly as seen in this post and even in my own experience, rebellions are fun. It's very annoying at first but can be a very fun and interesting battle. I highly reccommend keeping this on as it is relatively rare all things considered. However you should be able to tweak the chance settings in the descr_campaign_db right to 0% or lower if you so desire.
    Last edited by z3n; 06-14-2016 at 04:14.

Default Re: DISABLING/EDITING CULTURAL CONVERSION RATE, NATURAL DISASTERS AND TRAITOR FEATURE

Cheers,
    Thank you, I will try these changes. Thanks again Z3n.

if i want to make changes to the rate at which units become available again for rome (being 0,01 it takes a hundred turns and retraining units is a taking waaaaay to long this way since i want to use pretty acurate armies and use the auxillary units) how would i do that? changing the values results in the game just going to the first loading screen and immediatly backing out of the game again

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aerar View Post
    if i want to make changes to the rate at which units become available again for rome (being 0,01 it takes a hundred turns and retraining units is a taking waaaaay to long this way since i want to use pretty acurate armies and use the auxillary units) how would i do that? changing the values results in the game just going to the first loading screen and immediatly backing out of the game again
    You're talking about the Civitas Libera; I'm afraid you've completely misunderstood what it's for. That represents giving a settlement nominal freedom to be left outside the grand game of kingdoms, which includes not being relied upon to supply troops to Rome. That recruitment exists only for it to defend itself, not provide auxiliaries. If you want auxiliaries to supplement the legions before the Marian reform, you need to install an Allied Government.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Member thankful for this post: