Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ancient TW - Original HTW Troops > Editing , Improving & Modifying

Member Member dimitrios the samian's Avatar

Default Re: Ancient TW - Original HTW Troops > Editing , Improving & Modifying

they are the same old original ones , but they look so much more realistic using frame 2
    Last edited by dimitrios the samian; 12-10-2016 at 13:08.

3 Hoplites fit neatly onto one 640 Bif Plate .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3 Hoplites on 640.JPG 
Views:	221 
Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	19206

Potential for troop variety has more than doubled , future looks great , providing the engine can run it .

Drafted up some interesting troops the other day when it was raining ...
    The rain gave me 3 or 4 spare hours to mod , but after 2 hours of monotony I needed some variety .
    I've been drawing in by hand the 200plus Quivers & Sword holders required to complete my first project ... ( Hellenic Peltast/Archer)
    It will eventually be done , but monotony gave way to some creativity !

Ok ....
    Born this time are another variety of Heavy Eastern (( Assyrians or Babylonians ))

Name:	Dimitris Cut&Paste.JPG 
Views:	200 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	19244

I must thank Leith as he sent me one plate of his reskinning work .

Name:	Leith's Re-Skin.JPG 
Views:	151 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	19245

& the original from which it came from .

Name:	Original HTW Eastern.JPG 
Views:	139 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	19246

I also used the HTW Peltast & little bit of PSP freehand to get the Helmet pointy & ear flaps/sides on it as well as some cutting in around the armour & tunic .

Leith do you have a full working Bif of these ? ...12 Plates .
    I really like the silvery/grey texture you acheived .
    cheers
    Last edited by dimitrios the samian; 12-10-2016 at 13:11.

Second-hand chariot salesman Senior Member macsen rufus's Avatar

Nice - I think we could find a role or two for those guys

All to the good if the Middle Eastern area becomes more varied visually, and they would be good for the Assyrian/Babylonian/Armenian/Urartuan rosters across the various mods. You're definitely picking up speed and refining your skills on this - the way we're going 2017 could see some major overhauls
    ANCIENT: TW

A mod for Medieval:TW (with VI)

Discussion forum thread

Download A Game of Thrones Mod v1.4

thanks mac ........
    I hope Leith has the full 12 Bifs done up like this
    When we first met he sent me these & I liked them very much .
    So I put them aside without really knowing what I could do with them ( back in July) .....

Nice - I think we could find a role or two for those guys ........
    ....... most certainly can , with only 3 genuine Eastern Bifs at present a few more was a must do .
    I reckon they both should arrive by late 1st Quarter 2017 .

You're definitely picking up speed and refining your skills on this -........
    .............& its a simple method that I'm getting quicker at .

the way we're going 2017 could see some major overhauls ........
    Ofcourse , adding visual improvements & variety is a must , as is the coding & scripting you do ...
    but deep down I feel in 2017 even if 12 months from now , we should resurrect HTW & give it the overhaul it deserves ! & its place back in tha active Forums

Hello all! It looks you've been busy, which is reassuring, given that I cannot wait to play the Roman Civil War scenario. Dimitrios, I am going to show you a screen of a unit I wanted to use for my viking invasion 3 mod. It's very similar to the one I sent you before. Its 12 plates are ready in case you're interested:

Name:	irishspears.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	253.4 KB 
ID:	19253

we should resurrect HTW & give it the overhaul it deserves ! & its place back in tha active Forums
    Shhhh! Don't tell everyone

Yep, I'd love to get a final HTW install out of all this.... after all, it was HTW that started me on the modding path in the first place. I just didn't realise at the time where it would lead me.

Discussion forum thread

[I]Leith

They looked ok from afar & quickly , but on closer inspection , they are a no no .
    their red beards are not black as before & they just don't look middle Eastern !!

........ (( perhaps you still have the other bif or most of it ? ))

If not its ok , I'll get around to it at a later date

I]
    Last edited by dimitrios the samian; 12-17-2016 at 09:59.

Quote Originally Posted by macsen rufus View Post
    Shhhh! Don't tell everyone

Yep, I'd love to get a final HTW install out of all this.... after all, it was HTW that started me on the modding path in the first place. I just didn't realise at the time where it would lead me.
    Glad you agree , a Deluxe HTW
    Its uncanny , similiar but different with me .
    Just one set of Brothel Bifs for HTW & ................... ................... ten years later I'm just getting started .

Last edited by dimitrios the samian; 12-12-2016 at 12:58.

: UPDATE :

Ok guys , last update of the year .
    Firstly I am still active & fear not I have not given up .
    I have been managing to still get a few hours in every few days & steady progress is being made .
    All these I display below will see action in the coming few months of 2017 !!

Name:	Hellenic Peltast & Archer - 512.JPG 
Views:	140 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	19300

Hellenic Peltast & Archer ........................ approx. 95%

Name:	Hellenic Slingers.JPG 
Views:	208 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	19301

Hellenic Slingers & Staff Slinger , All new animation .......... approx. 75%

Name:	Biblical-Archers&LightInfantry.JPG 
Views:	147 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	19302

Biblical/Eastern , Light Infantry & Archer ...........................approx. 70%

Name:	Thracians.JPG 
Views:	144 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	19303

Thracian Peltast & Archers ............ approx. 40%

Keep plugging away, DtS

The Popular Front for the Liberation of Judea are eagerly awaiting the biblicals... or is is the Judean Popular Liberation Front.... nah, it's the Popular Liberation Front of Judea...

Otters' noses anyone???

Discussion forum thread

Member thankful for this post:

Made some spare time again to mod & made some more progress again these past few weeks .

Hellenic Peltast / Archer .... 95%

I finished drawing in all the Bows but failed to calc in the Quivers in previous post , so still at 95% !!

Hellenic Slingers & Staff Slingers ........... still at 75%

Haven't touched these recently .

Biblical/Eastern , Light Infantry & Archer ........... approx 85%

Made major progress on these guys , got all the headpieces drawn in & flowing nicely , they look brilliant !

Thracian Peltast & Archer .......... approx 60%

I'm really enjoying using the cutting & pasting options on Photoshop & these guys are coming along very nicely also !
    Last edited by dimitrios the samian; 01-15-2017 at 06:17.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Biblical/Eastern Light infantry & Archer ......................... Approx 90%

Been focusing all my spare time on finishing this Bif first , I'll continue until I finish this then move onto another , should be ready in a few weeks , spare time is very minimal this time of the year .

cheers

psss .... mac check yr email , have a preview I need you too see .

Great to see the progress of your mod, did you find out how to use Pose to create unit graphics?

Hello Zwei !!

Good too see you posting .
    I never did , learn about Poser & cannot create new graphics .

What I have learnt is how to use Photoshop & Bif Reader .
    If you go thru these threads , you will get the idea .

I remember way back over at Cegs mod , the conversions from flicster were a bit large .
    If you want I have stumbled upon a simple way to adjust them so they are perfectly suited to MTW .

Quote Originally Posted by dimitrios the samian View Post

I remember way back over at Cegs mod , the conversions from flicster were a bit large .
    If you want I have stumbled upon a simple way to adjust them so they are perfectly suited to MTW .
    Hm. You mean converting Civ3 unit graphic? What kind of adjust do you need?

Yes , I should have made myself clearer .
    I followed yr thread whilst you converted your first unit & the size was almost correct .

By using a simple procedure on photoshop you can get it precisely as required prior to packing it into a new bif .
    Just go to image , resize using percentage & voila !

Later in the year , I may revisit some Civ3 Elephants & Chariots to bring into MTW .

Greetings all,

Good to see you here, Zwei, and thanks for the kind words.

DtS - I have the Biblicals now, and they have come on a long way - were you planning to colour up the headdresses a bit more?

Re unit sizes on screen - you only need to change the value in column 24 of the unit_prod, that is the simple way to match BIF figures of different sizes, no need to meddle with the actual graphics content. (That's how I made my Indian and African elephants different sizes for Ancient, despite them using the same graphic source )

I've been a bit quiet of late as I'm working on a new project - and still making some new discoveries. I have the campaign map made and working, factions created along with all their shields etc, names sorted, and am about to get started on sorting out the units - the various factions are still using pretty much viking-era troops, but I have imported some nice stuff from Duke John's library of BIFs and got them working, too. Progress has been very rapid, and I will release more info when it's good to go....

I'm happy to leave Ancient on ice for a while, so DtS, plenty of time for you to finish your new units - no pressure on that score

Discussion forum thread

Hello guys! Glad to know you are both working hard on your projects. I just wanted to wish you both good luck! I am very intrigued by Mac's new project. I have no doubt it will be as great as his other mods.

Quote Originally Posted by macsen rufus View Post
    DtS - I have the Biblicals now, and they have come on a long way - were you planning to colour up the headdresses a bit more?

I'm happy to leave Ancient on ice for a while, so DtS, plenty of time for you to finish your new units - no pressure on that score
    re: the Headdresses's ........ If need be "Yes" . When you get the finished Bif , run it in game & post a pic .
    Then , I can bug you to show me step by step "how to change colors" & I can do it on photoshop ( its made of only 2 colors )

& thanks for understanding & putting the ATW projects on ice till I deliver these bifs , its great news to know you have kept active

& Leith , thanks for hanging around & yr support , Im also excited about mac's new project

[I]: UPDATE :

Made only a little bit of progress since the previous update .
    Its been crazy hot weather & lots of fires burning around , so time for modding was at a minimum .

I put in those spare hours on the Biblical/Eastern Light Infantry .
    They are coming along nicely & I have added some extra faction colour around the edges of there head dress .
    These will be finished first before I pickup to finish of the other ones .

cheers [/I]

I hope the fires are keeping well away from DtS Manor... still winterish here, but first signs of Spring are springing at last.

As for the new project, I'm getting close to a Beta, I think, so I'll post some bits up in the appropiate corner of the forum....

Discussion forum thread

UPDATE

Yes , they skimmed around us last month but others were not so lucky .
    I made more progress with the little time available & "I have coloured up the headdresses a bit more"
    Not solid colour but they look better still !
    I'm working away on the 4 Archer figures now & with headdresses approaching completion on these as well , it will be only their footwear & they will be completed .
    cheers

Hello macsen & others
    Made more progress on the Biblicals ,taking into account its one of the busiest months before winter arrives , im glad with my progress.
    I have completed the four firing frames and even made a sizeable dent in the two dying frames .
    I only have the boots to do on all 12 plates & thete done .
    These guys will be ready before the next update !!
    Till my next update .....cheers
    Last edited by dimitrios the samian; 05-13-2017 at 06:00.

Hello macsen & others
    I didn't get anywhere near as much free time this past month so unfortunately the Biblicals are not ready to hit the battlefield yet .
    The good new is the spare time I did have I managed to finish the dying frames .....
    So all that's left is tidying up there footwear !!
    The weather has been unusually still warmish n great ...... the "calm before the storm"
    but with winter only weeks away , plenty of modding time will become available & allow me to finish all the projects I started last winter .
    Until my next posting .
    Cheers guys

Members thankful for this post (2):

Hello Macsen & Leith & others following ...
    I only just managed to get back into finishing of these Biblical Bifs .
    Winter has been unusually very very nice & I have done very little since my previous update .
    Anyway , days are at their shortest & first snows have hit the peaks so its very very close .
    I'll have these guys finished soon .......
    cheers
    DtS

Hello macsen , Leith & others silently following
    Great news !!
    The Biblical Infantry is finally done .
    Great winter weather down under kept me busy in the real world for the past 3 months .... ( weather has been like spring & autumn )
    But I put in the 5 or 6 hrs since my last update & have sent Macsen the bif file .
    I will pickup on the Thracians & finish them of simultaneously along with the Hellenic Light Infantry , with the all new Slingers & staff Slingers to follow thereafter .
    cheers for now

That's great news, DtS - summer here has been a bit like spring and autumn too

I'm just working my way through my browser tabs, so will get to email shortly, looking forward to unloading the new guys (if they're allowed into the country these days, might get held up at the border )

Discussion forum thread

Gooday Macsen & others silently following , time for another update .
    I have put in some time on the Thracians & they are approaching completion .
    I picked up again on these Thracians after finishing of the Biblicals .
    With the cutting & pasting done previously , I've been freehanding with brushes & they are looking great !
    Mac , for these guys to look really good the green-colour on the Thracian's should be a darkish tan or light brown to match there slightly darker coloured knee high boots with those Thracian lapels .
    Cheers

I'll post a pic soon .

Name:	thracian org.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	19969
    Last edited by dimitrios the samian; 10-21-2017 at 02:38.

Hello Macsen & others .
    Its been a busy Spring & Summer but some spare time has opened up
    & Iv'e picked up where i left off .
    Finishing of the Thracian Peltast/Archer .

Name:	Thracian6_f1.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	168.4 KB 
ID:	20568

As you can see Mac , the Archers have their own 4 standing frames , along with Run & Walk .
    Only minor things to finish up , Boot Flaps , Belts , Bows & Quivers .
    & Yes macsen !! those are the new co-ordinates all in & pixel perfect .
    This layout will be used so i can finish the Hellenics
    & perhaps when they see action i''ll even go back & update the Biblicals Bif i finished last year .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast