Thread: Gifts to allies / vassals

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Gifts to allies / vassals

In past TW games, you had the option of offering sums of money to allies or vassals directly, in order to shore up their armies and empires. Now you can only give gifts, and that's a question mark.

Does the gift go to the treasury? Is it a "gift" or is it a sum of money as well that can help your allies and vassals?

I want to shore up the Western Roman Empire as ERE, gave them a gift, but I have no clue whether this will help them or just our relations.

Thoughts?
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Default Re: Gifts to allies / vassals

It does mean you give them cash. But since the WRE (or the ERE) under the AI has problems beyond the monetary. They may stem from a cash flow problem yes but they can't be solved by throwing some money at it quickly. As the ERE I've thrown literally half a million talents at the WRE and had it do little to prop them up. As the WRE you can prop up the ERE with cash injections. Takes about 200,000 talents to start to turn things around, but it can be done.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

So in essence, not much chance of propping them up? Any other ideas on how to shore up the WRE?

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Not any super effective way. Since you can't gift territory as a matter of course.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

It does make it really tough to keep the empire going in the West without gifting provinces - and you can't help them with armies either, because you need them around.

Proud

Been to: