Thread: Noob Questions

Default Noob Questions

Hello! I have a few questions regarding EB II mechanics as I have browsed these forums for quite a while without finding sufficient answers.

Firstly: Devestation. I have read that this is only caused by barbarians in close proximity to settlements, but it also seems to be caused by settlements that are close to Barb/Rebel settlements. Is this the case or must it be Barbs that are close by but not in my line of sight?

Secondly: There appears to be no advisor for the Celtic faction Aedui despite there being an option to request advice. I have also seen an advisor present in a Let's Play of the Hellenic faction. Is this normal or is my installation faulty?

Finally: Are the different trait names of leaders merely cosmetic? I.e. do they function in exactly the same way as piety, dread, chivalry etc. functioned in Medieval 2 just with different names?

Thanks for any help you can provide! This mod is awesome even if I am late to the party.

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Default Re: Noob Questions

Devastation is caused by any non-friendly army close by - not just in the same province, left long enough they can cause it from longer distances.

Don't change the "advice" setting from default, that means the scripts are on. The advisor only activates when there are scheduled/scripted things to tell you about, we don't have general assistance advice.

No, the trait name changes aren't cosmetic, they're integrated into the mechanics. There is no Dread, for example.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Member thankful for this post:

Thanks for taking the time to answer, that helps a lot :)

BTW, welcome!

Remember your promise to read more history...

PS: nothing to add to Quintus.