Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battlefield 1

Default Re: Battlefield 1

Quote Originally Posted by lars573 View Post
    Oh but it is. As your complaining about something that's not only over and done (digital DLC being the norm). But has been done for quite sometime.
    If it is over and done, it a bit difficult also being the norm. I really can't explain it more simply. I won't whine about Hitler, who is over and done, but I will protest about Nazi thugs who aren't over and done. It's not rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by lars573 View Post
    In Battlefield 1942 the Italian army, Free French forces, and sub-factions like the USMC, SS, SAS, RAF, Luftwaffe were only available through the expansion packs. Where's your butthurt for that? It's the exact same situation as France and Russia being held back for DLC later.
    Yeah, not really the same, but I would still complain, if I was a member of the forum in 2002 and that was a thread about Battlefield 1942 and not about Battlefield 1.

I absolutely get the frustration about DLCs *buys a DLC*, but they're so pretty...

Actually I often buy games later as a complete package with Season Pass or all DLCs included because I just don't think a Tomb Raider or so is worth 90 bucks even with a few cave-DLCs tacked on. If the DLCs are more like smaller addons similar to what we had ages ago, then I think they can be justified, although usually DLCs are way overpriced if you compare the work required to make a full game and the work to make a few assets and then compare the prices...

I still buy some depending on the company, the contents and so on, but I also leave a lot of other games for sales and then sometimes for when they are 10€ or less on the other hand, because my overall budget for games does not change much just because they want more money per game now...

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Okay, they can release French and East fronts as expansion packs, and then offer DLC for the expansion packs.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Okay, they can release French and East fronts as expansion packs, and then offer DLC for the expansion packs.
    I'm not sure what you're trying to say.
    My point was that back then you'd buy a game for, say, 50€ and a year later they would release an expansion/addon for 30€ that had a lot of new content, such as several new nations, units, a few new game mechanics, new maps and also a few new missions, campaigns and multiplayer modes in case of an RTS game. So in many cases the content seemed to justify the price more or less. My point was that a DLC that works in a similar case can be perfectly fine in my book, but a new character skin for 5€ is not. Mostly because a new character skin is maybe a day of work for one designer and an entire game for 50€ already pays for 100+ people working for a year or two on an entire game.
    The relation is just off in the latter case.

I'm thinking of Smugglers V recently, which had a DLC for the main game, a standalone "expansion", and a DLC for that expansion.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    I absolutely get the frustration about DLCs *buys a DLC*, but they're so pretty...

Actually I often buy games later as a complete package with Season Pass or all DLCs included because I just don't think a Tomb Raider or so is worth 90 bucks even with a few cave-DLCs tacked on. If the DLCs are more like smaller addons similar to what we had ages ago, then I think they can be justified, although usually DLCs are way overpriced if you compare the work required to make a full game and the work to make a few assets and then compare the prices...

I still buy some depending on the company, the contents and so on, but I also leave a lot of other games for sales and then sometimes for when they are 10€ or less on the other hand, because my overall budget for games does not change much just because they want more money per game now...
    I always wait for the definative edition with single-player games at least. There are soooooo many good games that are more than 3 year old or more. The Arkham-city game with all DLC I bought for 15 euro. Different thing with game like Battlefield, feels like arm-twisting

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...efield-stream/

Streaming the final version starts on the 12th of October.

Release - 21 October.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Sounds tempting, I like the gritty feel of Battlefield 1, it's also much less chaotic than the previous games. I plead for a different kind of unlocking system so everything works better, actually forcing you to unlock the multiplayer. Get to know the maps fighting AI routine, everybody will already know how what to do once they unlocked it and try something else, making infantry battles much less chaotic and makes more sense being just a footsoldier with an objective. After that 3 vs 3 with the rest being AI. After that 6 vs 6, later being able to play with more and using vehicles yourself. The Battlefield-games can be glorious when everybody knows what they are doing but the potential to be really good from the start is a mess

Uncapped FPS for Battlefield 1 PC players, which clearly is a good thing for those who have high end rigs and want to max out everything.

http://wccftech.com/battlefield-1-pc...tiplayer-maps/

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

A bit of fun.

Proud

Been to:

Battlefield 1 is out... and the reviews are positive! 8.9 average user score on Metacritic. That's saying something.

Proud

Been to:

That guy is good lol

Westie, Jackfrags, LevelCap... these guys are professional YouTubers who make a living out of playing videos. Plus they get invited to every launch event.

Proud

Been to:

So I don't really suck, pretty incredible how good he is. I don't have a ps4 or gaming-pc I play it at gf, but while I'm pretty good at fps my kill/death ratio is absolutily nothing compared to that.

you make it look so eaaaaasy

Russian Empire will be added to Battlefield 1, making the total factions around in BF1 up to 8, which is quite impressive.

Proud

Been to:

DLC for BF1 - called Frontlines - featuring some new game modes, will come out soon.

Proud

Been to:

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

I wonder if the new DLC will have a game mode that is similar to the mode that appears in the game Verdun, where each side takes turns at trying to capture the other team's series of trenches.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    I wonder if the new DLC will have a game mode that is similar to the mode that appears in the game Verdun, where each side takes turns at trying to capture the other team's series of trenches.
    Correct!

It does have a new mode which resembles capture the flag a bit, but it features mainly trenches.

Proud

Been to:

New DLC out for BF1 with this map.

Proud

Been to:

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

It looks cool, but the prevalence of sub-machine guns annoys me a bit, as they were pretty rare in WW1.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Yes, it's basically like a typical WW2 shooter.

The Tommy Guns, MPs and PPShs just look a bit more old-fashioned. I guess if it were different it would become known as the Big Failure of the BF series though because fast gameplay is what the market demands.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12