Thread: 9th century Byzantine illustrations

Lightbulb 9th century Byzantine illustrations

I mentioned before that there are not many Byzantine pictorial sources for the 9th century as there was a period of iconoclasm. Here is what I have managed to collect:
    I have found some iilustrations from the Mount Athos Psalter, MS. Pantocrator 61, Byzantine, first half of the 9th century. Can anyone confirm that the Death of Absalom scene (with horse-archer rather than the usual javelins) is from MS. Pantocrator 61?
    I added some more images to my collection of the Chludov Psalter, Byzantine, Moscow, Historical Museum MS 129, 9th century. The attacker in the Death of Absalom scene in the Chludov Psalter has been torn out.
    Sacra Parallela by Saint John of Damascus, Byzantine, 9th century, Bibliothèque nationale de France, MS. Grec 923 has some interesting helmets.
    Byzantine Psalter, Bibliothèque nationale de France MS. Grec 20, 2nd half of the 9th century is a fragment with a couple of illustrations of military interest.
    Commentaries of Gregory of Nazianzus, Byzantine, c.880AD, Bibliothèque nationale de France, MS. Grec 510 is damaged but has some large coloured illustrations.
    Byzantine Infantry on The Rome or David Casket, Byzantine, 898 or 900AD

Mirror site:
    Byzantine Illustrations of Costume & Soldiers

Druzhina
    9th Century Illustrations of Costume & Soldiers