Thread: Pokeman GO

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default Pokeman GO

The idea is brilliant but people are stupid. It's already eally hard to not roadkill apping (almost always women) people, and this is even worse so far it seems. Kudo's for the idea but..kinda asking for trouble?
    Last edited by Fragony; 07-11-2016 at 07:08.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokeman GO, bit stupid?

Apparently someone found a dead body in a river when searching for Pokemon.

But yes, kids are getting exercise.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Nintendo triumphed in a single day, where Michelle Obama had been failing for 8 years.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Blog Entries

Suggestions that it might help with mental health
    http://www.attn.com/stories/9779/pok...-mental-health
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Kinda wary. It only works on more modern iPhones, I think robbers will make good use of harvisting them because they know where people will show up. It would be a splendid idea in a perfect world, the idea is truly innovative but I see potential trouble. Did the corpse in the river play it as well? Worth considering. Places can be traps. There must have been someone saying 'ok this is brilliant, but is it really a good idea'
    Last edited by Fragony; 07-11-2016 at 16:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Kinda wary. It only works on more modern iPhones, I think robbers will make good use of harvisting them because they know where people will show up. It would be a splendid idea in a perfect world, the idea is truly innovative but I see potential trouble. Did the corpse in the river play it as well? Worth considering. Places can be traps. There must have been someone saying 'ok this is brilliant, but is it really a good idea'
    DailyFail believes that robbers should be the least of our concerns.

Honestly I believe that the dangers are overblown. Muggers and pedophiles always had great tools in their inventory. Two or three horrible cases might occur, but nothing big, IMHO.

Pretty damn spectacular, Nintendo is worth 10 billion more in just two days

I love this but it's getting out of hand. I see literally every other person playing this walking somewhere. I heard they got pokestop around the White House and in the Pentagon with rare Pokemon.

Sometimes it gets weird, I found one dancing next to me when I woke up, and I'm in a 7th floor wtf...

Somebody posted on twitter about a jigglypuff leading them to a sketchy white van...
    Last edited by AE Bravo; 07-13-2016 at 21:50.

Blog Entries

Tempted to try it out. Unfortunately, wrong work environment for any free time moments/captured.

I would absolutily try it out but my iPhone is just behind the minimum specs. But if I could buy shares in Darwin-Awards I would. There is so much that can go wrong, it should be shut down untill no more pokemons appear in auschwitz or the white-house or abandoned metro tunnels.
    Last edited by Fragony; 07-14-2016 at 18:08.

Ive been nerding out on Pokémon GO for days now. I literally had to take a break because my feet have been killing me. Between work (4.5-5.5mi average walk distance) and my travels 5.5 miles I walked around 10-11 miles the other day!
    If living is nothing dieing is nothing then nothing is everything and everything is nothing

Blog Entries

I keep having GPS signal issues, and lack of internet on my pad makes it pretty much unplayable for myself.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Groups of people (usually in pairs or trios) wandering about with less peripheral vision than usual.

This is totally pwning gaming right now
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Blog Entries

If I am honest, I don't understand why people are apparently moving around "face in phone" since it makes nosense for you to keep checking it, since you can "capture" pokemon within a streets radius of your position without moving. Then it spawns on your screen directly infront of you.
    Last edited by Beskar; 07-15-2016 at 23:24.

It's out here now as well. It must be odd to have adult people roaming around in your garden without even asking, that is really unacceptable behaviour imho

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    It's out here now as well. It must be odd to have adult people roaming around in your garden without even asking, that is really unacceptable behaviour imho
    There is no reason for them to do that... all they need to do is click on the pokemon and it appears before you.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

I am looking forward to a Quidditch app that will have all sorts of folks leaping about on brooms and killing themselves diving off their back porch to get the elusive "snitch."
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Member thankful for this post:

Husar