Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mafia Academy - First year [Temporarily on hold]

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

Default Mafia Academy - First year [Temporarily on hold]

First Year

Mafia game for 13 or more (preferably 16 or more, up to 20) players. This game is part of intended cycle of Mafia Academy

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    It will be a series of small mafia games (if there would be enough willing participants, of course). They will share weak theme connection. Last game in the row will have some small elements of the setting depending on results of previous games. Mafia Academy will consist of six games: First Year, Second Year, Summer School, Third Year, Internship, and Diploma Exam.

During their stay at Academy, players will collect points for faction victories and for fulfilling personal goals. In order to get professional recognition, and Mafia Academy Diploma, one needs to collect at least 15 points across six games.

At the first year of the Academy the main focus will be on teaching you about mechanics and power of the lynch and sacrifice. Second, focus will be also put on the communication. Rules you will have to obey are made in such way, that they should facilitate cooperation and highlight meaning of lynch. Every student will also have secondary goals to fulfill. They will have impact on your grade.
    There will be two or more factions: town, mafia, and possibility of third party (cult, SK, second mafia team, or something else), depending on the number of players.
    Mafia victory: half or more remaining players are mafia, all anti-town players other than mafia are eliminated
    Town victory: all anti-town players are eliminated
    Third party victory: secret
    Town will have one power role. It could be policeman/roleblocker/tracker/doctor or weakened version of one of these roles. If there will be policeman, there will be possibility of millers and/or godfather. Exact setup depends on number of players. Mafia, as informed minority, will know more details about the setup.

Special rule: in this setup mafia does not have regular factional kill. In order to get ability to kill, mafia players must predict at night who will be lynched during following day. No lynch could also be correct guess.

Players will get 3 points for obtaining victory. Players will also have personal goal (typically 2 of them). Obtaining personal goal will typically yield 1 point. The goals will not be innovative in this game. Grades:
    A – 4 or 5 points
    B – 3 points
    C – 2 points
    D – 1 point
    E – 0 points

No communication at night outside of host-sanctioned QT. Full reveal on death.

List of living players:

1. johnhughtom
    2. Sooh
    4. GeneralHankerchief
    6. BSmith
    7. Punisher
    8. Atheotes
    9. Cowhead418
    10. Double A
    12. Zack

Dead:
    1. Autolycus. Mafa goon., lynched day 1
    2. Winston Hughes. Regular town member., lynched day 2
    3. Ignoramus. Regular town member., killed night 2
    4. El Barto. Regular town member., lynched day 3
    Last edited by Jarema; 06-16-2016 at 20:51.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Default Re: Mafia Academy - First year

In for Mafia 101.

Getting ready for school!!

We don't need no educatin.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In, but I won't be around much from June 1-5. If this is a problem then let me know.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

We have to postings in Polen style?
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    We have to postings in Polen style?
    only if you really want to suck up to the teacher

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Of Polenballen style postings! ^_^
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

dibs on a different team than tak

In. I will be traveling to India June 10-16, so my access may be spotty during that time - especially when I am stuck on airplanes. If that is a problem let me know. :)
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    In, but I won't be around much from June 1-5. If this is a problem then let me know.
    probably it will be very begining of the game (day 1, or even not). Therefore, low activity at this moment will not be a problem

Quote Originally Posted by BSmith View Post
    In. I will be traveling to India June 10-16, so my access may be spotty during that time - especially when I am stuck on airplanes. If that is a problem let me know. :)
    well
    probably we will start by then. It will be a problem if you would not be able to log once in a 48 hours period, more then once in a row (i.e. if you expect to miss 2 full days of game time, it will be a problem). But I dont know your exact schedule, and how much time you would have.
    So, in other words, joining or not - its a decision only you can make
    Last edited by Jarema; 05-23-2016 at 17:17.

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

please bring me curry

My activity would be minimal up to the first of June, but considering that shouldn't be a problem, sure.

As long as there is no damn exams.

Count me In.

Welcome to India!

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
    My activity would be minimal up to the first of June, but considering that shouldn't be a problem, sure.

As long as there is no damn exams.
    There will be exams.
    Practical ones, after last year of school

Quote Originally Posted by Jarema View Post
    well
    probably we will start by then. It will be a problem if you would not be able to log once in a 48 hours period, more then once in a row (i.e. if you expect to miss 2 full days of game time, it will be a problem). But I dont know your exact schedule, and how much time you would have.
    So, in other words, joining or not - its a decision only you can make
    I don’t anticipate being absent for more than 48 hours – 24 is a possibility though depending on the timing of it all. I’ll make a go of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    please bring me curry
    I’ll see what I can do!

Quote Originally Posted by atheotes View Post
    Welcome to India!
    Thanks – I had no idea you were in India… First trip for me. Will be a quick one, in Gurgaon/Delhi for a total of 4 days for work. What part of the country are you in?
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

Member thankful for this post:

Thanks – I had no idea you were in India… First trip for me. Will be a quick one, in Gurgaon/Delhi for a total of 4 days for work. What part of the country are you in?
    I am from the south...Chennai. Enjoy your trip..though i suspect you wont even have the need to unpack your suitcase.

I'm in! Haven't played a mafia game here in nearly a decade, excited to get back on the horse.

Member thankful for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cowhead418 View Post
    I'm in! Haven't played a mafia game here in nearly a decade, excited to get back on the horse.
    Welcome

I started playing here few years ago, so I never met you. Nice to see you here

Quote Originally Posted by Cowhead418 View Post
    Importance question: what part of world is Polan?

Also, yuo is of welcome.

Blog Entries

Argentina, obviouslys.

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    Argentina, obviouslys.
    Is it "in"?

Blog Entries

prolly

Always in favour of continuing my education.
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

what of date can into start?

PC death means I won't be able to play for at least a week, more likely two.

While I can always appreciate a decrease in moderation, I feel sorry for the loss of your Companion Cube. Rest in peace, noble Computing Device of Winston's.

I think I wil be able to advertise this game a bit tommorow, and start after weekend if few people sign in

oh alright fine

Any room for an old timer?

In.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast