Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingslayer [Concluded]

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Kingslayer [Concluded]

It was a gentle morn as waves gently crashed below a gathered audience assembled on a cliffside. Behind the group, in the distance, lay an imposing fort constructed of limestone. One elderly man in particular, dressed in a simple white robe, stood at the head of the group as they watched a wooden coffin sink down in the waters below them.

“And so we return you to the waves, which have given us life and protection. May the bounties of the sea’s life bring you to the underworld in peace,” the elderly man concluded his short speech. He turned back to the group assembled on the red, rocky cliff. “My thanks to you all for attending the service. I know our lord would have been happy to see his family and closest attendants here at his service. However, there is a small matter to attend to, as I’m sure you all are aware.”

“You mean that my FATHER was assassinated, and justice has not yet been brought, Vizier?” A young man, perhaps in his late teens, answered aggressively. A grim smile emerged on the elderly man’s face.

“Of course, my dear Yhirom. As some of you may have noticed, all gathered here are those who were present on the night of our Lord’s murder. We are not here on Malqart just for one man’s funerary service. We are here to expend justice. Those who brought our Lord to ruin are in our midst now. I, as the only one amongst us who was not at the palace on the night of his murder, shall naturally be the enforcer of justice. Alas, without having been there, I could not know the murderer was. But… you here do. Or, at the very least, between those of you innocent in the matter, it should be a simple matter to determine who wrought this travesty upon us.”

“Perhaps it was you, young Yhirom, looking to your future as King? Or your slave Mehine, seeking her freedom?” The viziers eyes narrowed upon the young woman at the young lord’s side. “Or one of his generals, seeking to elevate their station?” He looked to a small number of men in their middle ages, dressed in fine, dark silk attires. “Well? Which of you has betrayed our great ruler? Who is the kingslayer among you? Bring them to me, and we shall find justice!”

Hi everyone, and welcome to my newest game! This game will be a fairly toned down affair, without all the usual experimentation. The actual specifics of the setup will depend on the number of players I get, but you can expect this game will be fairly vanilla. We'll have 2+ mafia, possibly a pro-town role, and maybe a SK-type role role. I will clarify the exact setup when the game is ready to start. For once, I don't necessarily have an ideal start number of players; I can host the game as a small or large, depending on what we get. As always, I'm looking forward to hosting, and I hope y'all that sign up have fun.

NO QUOTING HOST'S PMS, NO QUOTING CHATLOGS, NO SCREENSHOTS, NO ALTERNATE ACCOUNTS, AND NO TRANSLATING PM'S-You may claim whatever you want, including role name, so long as you don't quote my PM's word for word, or very close to word for word. You may quote a pm from other players.

The dead cannot reveal anything, including previous night actions, but they may participate as much as they want to contribute to general discussion. The dead also may not communicate outside the thread in any way, shape, or form relating to this game, be it via PM, chat, quicktopic, or other.

I do not allow Vote: No Lynch as an option. Period. You may abstain, however.

If you wish to take back a vote, you CANNOT do it by editing a previous post. I will not count it. You must unvote first, such as unvote:GeneralHankerchief in order to recant the previous vote. In order to vote for someone, you must do so in the usual Vote:seireikhaan style. Votes must be bolded, for reference.

WOKs(Wrath of Khaan aka Wrath of God aka Modkilled aka Death By Divine Annihilation) will occur if a person does not vote 3 rounds in a row, or if they do not vote in 4 rounds in total. Please, please don't make me do so. It won't be a pretty death.

Suicides will only be allowed in the event of a person being very much unable to participate in the game. I do not allow suicides for any other reason.

There will not be reveals-after-death.

Please don't mess with a vote tally! I know sometimes errors happen, but if I determine that anyone deliberately misrepresents the tally for personal benefit, they will be wok'd.

Phase length will be 24 hours long.

Any ties in voting will await someone to break it. First vote to either person who is tied will result in lynch, regardless of any posts after it.

Signups:

El Barto
    Raith Kemmler
    Double A
    Autolycus
    Choxorn
    JHT
    Morgan
    Bsmith
    GeneralHankerchief
    Al Sipsclair
    Atheotes
    Montmorency
    Last edited by seireikhaan; 07-24-2016 at 21:05.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Default Re: Kingslayer [Signups]

In.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

didn't you already do a game called kingslayer

In for a vanilla.

I'm in.
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

<Insert Joke Here> Member Choxorn's Avatar

King me.

is alignment revealed on death?

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Jaime Lannister.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Reserve player if replacement needed, or to fill.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

inners

I'll be in.
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

You guys need to get some avatars... heh.

El Barto claimed the no avatar slot. You guys can't have identical avvies it will drive me nuts just reading the game.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

What? I use my profile picture as avatar, since the .org doesn't allow for customised avatars.

Speaking of which, why do you have no avatar?
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The broken image image is still an avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    You guys need to get some avatars... heh.

El Barto claimed the no avatar slot. You guys can't have identical avvies it will drive me nuts just reading the game.
    I had my profile pic there, didn't know we could have a custom avatar. I see that I can indeed do that, so I have updated mine. :)
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    The broken image image is still an avatar.
    What a weirdo.

I will play.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    What a weirdo.
    I didn't say it was a good avatar, I just said it was an avatar.

It's a terrible avatar and we should all judge Pizza. 3/10 should've gone to Papa John's.
    Last edited by Double A; 07-22-2016 at 01:40.

Wellers,

We have passed that lowest bar for playing mafia. More than 7 peeps.

Progress...

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

All we have to do now is find the GM.

In before the GM wakes up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    is alignment revealed on death?
    @Zack Sorry for the delay in response, been trying to migrate to a new drive on my computer. Anyways, the answer is that, as per always in my games, no, alignment is not revealed upon death.

As for errybody else, I'll start the game later in the day tomorrow. We've got enough to start up a small game and we'll be going. Thanks for the signups!
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Blog Entries

Okay, the game will start in one hour and 10 minutes. I'll leave signups open until then, but unless the unforeseen happens, we will have a vanilla game with two mafia.

Blog Entries

has it been an hour yet

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    has it been an hour yet
    I obviously meant an hour of plutonian time, post conversion rate of course....

Anyways, sorry folks, had a small family deal last night, got back online and just spaced. Game will start later today, in around 6 hours.

Too late to join?
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Too late to join?
    Nope, plenty in time thanks to me spacing last night.

Blog Entries

And so it was that on this midday, under the sun's gaze, that Vizier Hemilco initiated the judgment. Those gathered would discuss the events of that night, and justice would be served upon the rocky, white cliffs of Malqart.....

We will begin with a day phase! Role PM's have been sent out, as have the generic PM indicating that the game has started. You will have 26 hours for the first phase, to allow for normalization with my weekday schedule.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Vote: Choxorn

I sees him do it!
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast