Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kingslayer [Concluded]

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Kingslayer [In Play]

THEN WE RIDE

Vote: autolycus

full disclosure: i've been drinking
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Well, the dead suggested vote: El Barto, and he hasn't shown up, so I'm fine with that.
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Man, superb timing!

Also what makes you think El Barto has any particular wisdom on this subject?
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Alright, vote: Raith

In my short experience, scum doesn't want to attract attention on D1, and vote off-wagons. A townie is likely going to be lynched anyway. This means Monty, choxorn, Raith, or Auto.

<Insert Joke Here> Member Choxorn's Avatar

I find it kind of suspicious how Auto wasn't around for most of the day and then showed up ten minutes after GH voted for him. Could just be a coincidence, or a townie, but scum Auto tends to lurk and I could totally see him going "Oh crap, someone voted for me at the end of the day, I better get a vote in so I don't die"

It's the best I have to go on at this point.

Vote: autolycus

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Tick tick tick...

Current tally:

El Barto 2 (Monty, Autolycus)
    Raith 2 (Bsmith, Al Sipsclar)
    Autolycus 2 (GH, Choxorn)
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Blog Entries

More people need balls of [insert preferred metallic element here]. Vote!

unvote; vote: autolycus. Raith can be tomorrow.
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

auto's vote is extremely lazy and discounts discussion that has happened after AA's post that directly counters his logic. I am on the fence as to if this is just lazy townie or scum looking for a reason to vote someone, but I also don't want to be in a tie situation either. I still think Raith is suspicious for not saving himself and could easily go back if anyone else wants to jump on it as well to avoid the tie.

It's nice that we are getting more votes, but it would have been helpful to have them earlier in the day...
    2B1ASK1

Blog Entries

Writeup in progress, Autolycus has been lynched.

Autolycus 3 (GH, Choxorn, Bsmith)
    Raith 1 (Al Sipsclar)
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Blog Entries

When everyone gathered the next morning, Vizier Hemilco was already wound up and pacing back and forth as he gestured wildly. “We have lost another amongst our company!” The vizier declared to his captive audience. “We have been confounded! Bamboozled! We must attend to this at once!”

And so another round of accusations flew. In time, small cliques seemed to form, each small group convinced of the guilty party. It seemed like a deadlock would ensue, until at the last moment, it was broken by a single vote being swayed. It left Autolycus with the short lot, and he was summarily presented to the elderly man.

“Look, this is ludicrous!” Autolycus protested. “This wasn’t a true test! I may as well have been selected at random, you fools!”

“You *do* realize that using pejoratives to refer to a government official is punishable by death, do you not?” Hemilcar noted to Autolycus with a raised brow.

“Wait, since when was that a rule?” Autolycus demanded. “I’m confident you made that up, you liar!” The vizier responded to this accusation by delivering a strike to Autolycus’ skull with his wooden mace, sending him to the ground.

“Tsk, tsk, just because the rule hasn’t been enforced for…. A few hundred years, doesn’t mean the rule does not stand for when I deem it necessary to enforce,” Hemilcar admonished the unconscious, condemned man. He looked to the remaining guests of the island. “Very well, that must have made us great progress! I commend you all on your great ingenuity! Now, toss this evildoer over into the surf, and let us be on to brighter days!”

You have 24 hours to send orders.

Tally:

Autolycus 3 (GH, Choxorn, Bsmith)
    Raith 1 (Al Sipsclar)

Alive:

El Barto
    Raith Kemmler
    Choxorn
    JHT
    Morgan
    Bsmith
    GeneralHankerchief
    Al Sipsclair
    Montmorency

Lynched:

Atheotes(D1)
    Autolycus(D2)

Killed:

Double A(N1)

Oh, well. I have siblings in town anyway this weekend, so this is probably for the best any way.
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

Blog Entries

Bsmith had taken time the previous night to arrange a small altar in the room he was occupying at the fort to attend to his needs of prayer. The twins of the Sun and Moon would not appreciate a disregard for proper fealty, even in tough times as these. This night, however, his ceremony was interrupted by a knock on the wooden door. He accepted the delay for the moment, and gathered himself to answer it. It was to his surprise, however, that when he opened the door, none were there to answer it.

“Hello? Was someone here?” Bsmith asked, brow furrowed. With no answer imminent, he turned to return inside. However, as soon as his back turned, the door he had swung open smashed into his back, sending him to the ground. Bsmith staggered back to his feet as a woman filed into the doorway, donned in a white dress and dark mask.

“Oh, how faithful, you must be,” she said, gesturing to the altar on the far side of the room. “So oddly noble of thee.” She spoke in a soft, lilting tone. “But still, you stand in our path, so you will suffer our wrath.” In a flash, the woman was atop Bsmith, and whirled around him, holding a dagger to his throat as he realized that a second person, wearing a pitch black robe with an ivory mask, now stood in the doorway, silent. Bsmith simply closed his eyes, uttering a silent prayer to the gods of sun and moon. A prayer he would not finish, for the woman’s knife raked across his throat, sending the poor figure to the floor in a bloody heap.

“Now, let us depart, my dear,” the woman spoke in a sing-song tune as she left her victim to bleed out. “We much work left to clear.”

It is now day 3! You may begin voting!

Alive:

El Barto
    Raith Kemmler
    Choxorn
    JHT
    Morgan
    GeneralHankerchief
    Al Sipsclair
    Montmorency

Lynched:

Atheotes(D1)
    Autolycus(D2)

Killed:

Double A(N1)
    Bsmith(N2)

Fools. You have only made my voice more powerful. I will continue to hunt and haunt you from beyond.

To everyone else... show up or die. Step out of the shadows and be seen for together we shall be free of this menace but alone we shall die.

My vote would have been for Raith today. Tell us good sir why you did not save yourself on the first day!
    2B1ASK1

My bet is Bart and GH.

Vote: Ek Bardoteirou
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

I will bother to show up today, and I'll Vote: El Barto.

Member thankful for this post:

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

I am your bet…? sorry, I've been out of this for three days. Why are you voting for me?

(and, apparently, why were you voting to lynch me yesterday at some point as well?)

Edit: it's also highly suspicious that jht even lampshades his being early and posts such a long sentence.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

I'll sheep it with Vote: El Barto.

Interesting wagon. I'll vote: Montmorency for D1 shenanigans and tunneling on El Barto.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan1 View Post
    I'll sheep it with Vote: El Barto.
    vote: Morgan1
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

Blog Entries

I like Barto here, think he's clear.

Vote: jht

Blog Entries

Okay, a) I'm quite tired, and b) we've got 6 votes again. I'm extending the phase end by 12 hours to end at a more normal time.

Nah.

Unless you care to switch to GH.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

<Insert Joke Here> Member Choxorn's Avatar

I really have nothing at this point, but Morgan looks narrowly worse than everyone else.

Vote: Morgan1

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

okay guys

if you manage to be less active than dead Double A, you are officially doing something wrong

ok, let's put GH's balls under pressure again.
    unvote: Montmorency
    vote: Morgan1

Blog Entries

We've a tie again. Same procedure as last time.

Tally:

El Barto 3 (Montmorency, JHT, Morgan)
    Morgan 3 (Al Sipsclar, Choxorn, El Barto)
    JHT 1 (GH)

Oh, this is so much fun! It reminds me of the ending of DM of the Rings.

Blog Entries

Oh boy oh boy this is so exciting!

Blog Entries

I get to break the tie again!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast