Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kingslayer [Concluded]

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Kingslayer [Signups]

As the sun set on Malqart, a great discussion broke out as Vizier Hemilco ushered those gathered to determine justice. Jabbering went around in every direction; Hemilco could scarcely believe that these were supposed to be the elite of the kingdom. It seemed the threat of defamation and death had unraveled disciplined generals and composed nobility. Finally, when it seemed little agreement could be reached, a surge of support for the punishment of Atheotes finally reached a peak.

“No, no, no, this is not possible, I swear it!” Atheotes claimed as a small band presented him to the Vizier. “I was given station and succor by our dear king! I would never have betrayed him as such!”
    “Yes, that makes sense,” Hemilco mused to himself, stroking his whispy, graying beard. “It’s also exactly what the King’s murderer would say!” With no further elaboration, the Vizier withdrew a curved, wooden made from his belt, and delivered a crushing strike to Atheotes’ head, rendering him limp.

“Very well done!” Hemilco commended the gathered. “I am sure he was quite guilty! It is far too dark now to do anything else of note. Let us retire to the old fort and emerge for a brighter tomorrow! Oh, and if I could have some assistance, could this traitor be tossed into the sea? My old bones don’t quite have the gumption for it anymore…”

Tally:

Atheotes 3(Morgan, Al Sipsclar, GH)
    Raith Kemmler 2(El Barto, JHT)
    GH 1 (Monty)
    Monty 1(Choxorn)
    JHT 1(Raith Kemmler)
    El Barto 1 (Atheotes)
    Morgan1 1(Autolycus)

It is now night one! Please send orders as soon as you may. You have up to the time below to submit orders. I would ideally like to end the phase a bit sooner to get back to a more normalized schedule, so if orders can be submitted sooner and let me not do writeups at an hour before midnight, that would be greatly appreciated, but you have the full time if you desire.

Alive:

El Barto
    Raith Kemmler
    Double A
    Autolycus
    Choxorn
    JHT
    Morgan
    Bsmith
    GeneralHankerchief
    Al Sipsclair
    Montmorency

Lynched:

Atheotes(D1)

Killed:
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have nothing to say in this post. Just feel like posting again at night after not being able to do so offsite.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    I have nothing to say in this post. Just feel like posting again at night after not being able to do so offsite.
    Its ok to admit that it you are feeling guilty for lynching an innocent!

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by atheotes View Post
    Its ok to admit that it you are feeling guilty for lynching an innocent!
    If people keep putting the dice in my hands, I'm going to keep rolling them.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kingslayer [In Play]

Just posting to get the updated thread title on the replies list.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

'khaan, are you OK?

(also testing GH's newfangled feature-edit: it works!)
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Blog Entries

Obviously my dice roll was so effective the mafia have already surrendered and khaan's spending the time writing the greatest scene in the history of mafia to reflect this awesome victory.

Apologies for missing the whole first day. I was offline for a few days and otherwise consumed by the vortex that is work these days. I will be present from here on out! Hopefully I made it in time to get my kill order in… kthxbai
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

Blog Entries

Sorry, folks. Was in bed last night by the time all orders were received and didn't have time to do write ups this morning before work. I will endeavor to have an update posted asap.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Obviously my dice roll was so effective the mafia have already surrendered and khaan's spending the time writing the greatest scene in the history of mafia to reflect this awesome victory.
    You rolled a 21 on a d20, right?
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    You rolled a 21 on a d20, right?
    My D20 starts at 21.

Maybe its not a D20 then. What else are you "confused" about?

Yes, Auto, it is I.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan1 View Post
    Maybe its not a D20 then. What else are you "confused" about?

Yes, Auto, it is I.
    I know one thing I'm not confused about. You should really shower more, "guilty" is written all over your face.

Blog Entries

The old fort on Malqert was a marvel from a distant past. None were sure who left it, but regardless, the pale limestone walls held strong against the surf. These were the subject of Double A’s investigations tonight. He was taking a leisurely stroll along the top of a wall that stood upon a cliffside. It was amazing, Double A mused, that the walls had not fallen to instability in the ground or surf. As he pondered the meanings of the structural integrity, his thoughts were interrupted by a clanking sound behind him.

Double A turned to see two folk slowly encroaching upon him from the east. One was a man dressed in a long, black robe of satin, and a mask of ivory, inlaid with gold, hiding his face. The other was a woman, donning a long, white dress, her own face hidden under a mask of ebony, inlaid with silver. The man raised a longsword that he had been dragging behind himself, the blade scraping the stone. “My dear,” he said, in a low, scratchy voice. “It seems our hand has been forced, neh?”

“I suppose it seems that way, love. How shall we solve this, then, my dove?” A quiet, lyrical voice answered the man as the woman withdrew a dagger from her dress.

“Oh, I think I have an idea,” he answered her, drawing a finger on the end of his blade.

“Hey, hey now, no need to be rash!” Double A imposed on this conversation. “Look, I have money, slaves, trade routes to exploit! You can use me!”

“I think not, meager man,” the woman said as they advanced on Double A, forcing him back to the edge of the wall, the surf crashing below. “Of no use, is your clan.”

“Send the Majesty our regards,” the man told Double A, launching himself towards their hapless victim. Double A flailed backwards, but with nowhere to go, plummeted to the rocky surf below. The two watched him crash upon the rocks below with a sickening crunch.

IT IS NOW DAY TWO. YOU MAY BEGIN VOTING.

Alive:

El Barto
    Raith Kemmler
    Autolycus
    Choxorn
    JHT
    Morgan
    Bsmith
    GeneralHankerchief
    Al Sipsclair
    Montmorency

Lynched:

Atheotes(D1)

Killed:

Double A(N1)
    Last edited by seireikhaan; 07-28-2016 at 03:14.

So is this really no-reveal, or just soft-reveal?

Vote: Ek Barto
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Blog Entries

atheotes was mafia. And we're gonna get another one today.

I don't follow. If there are two killers in the writeup...
    Vitiate Man.

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

my first post after the game starts and I'm already dead

but yeah yall should obviously lynch Tak, and then whoever framed him

I agree.
    Vitiate Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    my first post after the game starts and I'm already dead

but yeah yall should obviously lynch Tak, and then whoever framed him
    Eh, cleared town ain't so bad.

Any other reads in this dirt show?

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    I don't follow. If there are two killers in the writeup...
    I don’t follow either. My take is that both mafia members are alive and well and performed the kill together.

…but yeah yall should obviously lynch Tak, and then whoever framed him
    Aside from you being confirmed town, what other weight is behind this recommendation? And if you are already conceding that Takibarto was framed, then why waste time on him in the first place?

A case could be made that GH voted to save Raith, albeit with steel balls by waiting a few hours for the whim of any other player to make a move first. What I don’t get here is why Raith didn’t vote to ensure his survival. He was present and could have voted for atheotes to ensure his own survival but didn’t. In sum, GH didn’t need to save Raith as Raith could have done it himself much easier. In short I see little actual case for a link between GH and Raith.

I am essentially devoid of a specific direction, so I’ll vote: Morgan here as an acceptable punt vote, especially since the random gods told me to.
    2B1ASK1

Blog Entries

This is a good read by BSmith and I'm putting him in my town pile, unless of course he's mafia in which case his days are numbered anyway.

(Well, I mean, everyone's days are numbered by virtue of us being human, but if BSmith's mafia his days are really numbered. Like, single digits as opposed to quadruple-or-beyond numbered.)

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raith Kemmler View Post
    Eh, cleared town ain't so bad.

Any other reads in this dirt show?
    the rest of this thread

Quote Originally Posted by BSmith View Post
    Aside from you being confirmed town, what other weight is behind this recommendation? And if you are already conceding that Takibarto was framed, then why waste time on him in the first place?
    you know me better than this
    A case could be made that GH voted to save Raith, albeit with steel balls by waiting a few hours for the whim of any other player to make a move first. What I don’t get here is why Raith didn’t vote to ensure his survival. He was present and could have voted for atheotes to ensure his own survival but didn’t. In sum, GH didn’t need to save Raith as Raith could have done it himself much easier. In short I see little actual case for a link between GH and Raith.

I am essentially devoid of a specific direction, so I’ll vote: Morgan here as an acceptable punt vote, especially since the random gods told me to.
    I think we've already established that GH has titanium balls. No idea why he called it "heroing up." That being said, I feel like a townie wouldn't break a D1 tie, so Raith is probably town.

Blog Entries

That being said, I feel like a townie wouldn't break a D1 tie, so Raith is probably town.
    Even if it was in his favor to do so?

you know me better than this
    Yes, I know you would recommend Tak’s demise regardless of actual game conditions. :)

What I want to know is if there is anything more behind this recommendation than the norm.

I think we've already established that GH has titanium balls. No idea why he called it "heroing up." That being said, I feel like a townie wouldn't break a D1 tie, so Raith is probably town.
    Yeah, I don’t see this in this specific situation. If Raith was not on the line, sure, but he was. When I am in his position I am absolutely going to vote to save myself. The only one I know is innocent is me, so why risk having me killed when the other option might not be innocent?

I could argue that not making a stand is something a scummer might do in the attempt to avoid being pressured on a specific action, regardless of how easy it might be to explain said action in a townie way.
    2B1ASK1

You know what? That little thought exercise really has me not liking the fact that Raith didn’t vote to save himself. He was present and able to do so. Why he didn’t needs some clarification and explanation.

unvote; vote: Raith
    2B1ASK1

<Insert Joke Here> Member Choxorn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Oh, no, I see where the confusion is.

I was responding around my being, according to Choxorn, Mafia "all along", "sneaking in at the last minute to try to avoid notice". My response was set against there being like an hour between my joining and the full set of roles being sent out.

On the other hand, you took in the exchange from the more abstract vantage.
    It was a joke. It was a day 1 joke vote.

Where the heck is everyone? Day is more than 2/3 over and 80% of eligible posters have not voted and 60% haven't even posted.

EDIT: 80%/50% with choxy's ninja xpost there.
    2B1ASK1

Blog Entries

Hey active people, do we just want to kill I MEAN LYNCH I'M TOTALLY INNOCENT all the lurkers and fight it out?

Well right now that is pretty much you, me and monte, and I don't think you're voting yet... might be up to you to break the 1-1 tie.
    2B1ASK1

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast