Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kingslayer [Concluded]

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Kingslayer [In Play]

Hmm... how should I break it...

I know!

"I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Unvote: jht
    Vote: Morgan1

Because I believe in Barto.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Yes we can!

btw are you drunk this time again?
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When the group had gathered once more in the morn, it was apparent that another of their own had met their demise the previous night. In the ensuing chaos, it became apparent that two groups had once more formed, convinced of the guilt of a single, opposed person. This left a single, odd person out to decide the fates of the two accused. Unsure of who to pick at first, they sat down in a meditative state, leaving the two groups hanging on his musings with baited breath. Eventually, as the sun set on the day, however, everyone was beginning to lose patience. Vizier Hemilco finally ran out of patience himself, and walked up to the swinging vote, and bopped them on the head. GeneralHankerchief sputtered briefly, eyes shooting awake from meditation. “Ah, right, yes, the vote, we are tied, yes, of course, tied…. It is clearly Morgan!”

“Well, that establishes that!” Hemilco announced to everyone. “Let us be done with this already, then, as I feel we’ve spent enough time on this already!” With that, Hemilco immediately swung his mace upside Morgan’s skull, sending the poor person to the ground in a heap. “Well, I don’t know about you all, but I am quite tired, so let us retire before the sun yet rises again!”

Tally:

Morgan 4 (Al Sipsclar, Choxorn, El Barto, GH)
    El Barto 3 (Montmorency, JHT, Morgan)

I'm making this next phase slightly longer so that we can get the schedule hopefully back to normalcy. Sorry, but I can't consistently do midnight writeups. Night 3 has begun, please send orders.

It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

It's a trap.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    It's a trap.
    Elaborate?

No, you make your argument, scum.
    Vitiate Man.

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If Tak is scum, he didn't use a glass of wine, he used a barrel.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Excuse me? What do you mean, ‘if’?

Oh, you said ‘scum’, not ‘scummy’. Carry on.

On a more serious note, the WIFOMer was Morgan.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For Choxorn, tonight was an adventure in investigation. He was down in a dimly lit room in the basement of the fort. The shackles embedded into the wall and the rotting, wooden chair lined with thorny protrusions indicated that this was once a dungeon of sorts. Curiously, he found a small pile of bones still left in the corner, that didn’t seem particularly old. He was examining the bones when a soft knock from behind him grabbed his attention.

“Good. We have your attention,” a man with a rough, scratching voice said as he stood next to a woman in a white dress, both their faces hidden behind contrasting masks of light and dark. “I see you’ve found your new cellmate,” the man proclaimed, gesturing to the bones. “Don’t worry, you’ll have plenty of time to get to know him!” The man charged at Choxorn, raising a longsword from his belt. Choxorn evaded the first strike, but in his haste, tripped over the man’s right foot as he attempted to speed past. With an “ooph” he landed on his chest, the wind knocked out of him. He looked up in time to see a flash of white, before the world went black as his world exploded in agony.

IT IS NOW DAY 4

Alive:

El Barto
    Raith Kemmler
    JHT
    GeneralHankerchief
    Al Sipsclair
    Montmorency

Lynched:

Atheotes(D1)
    Autolycus(D2)
    Morgan 1(D3)

Killed:

Double A(N1)
    Bsmith(N2)
    Choxorn (N3)
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Blog Entries

Two scum left as per writeup.

Our chances of getting one right have never been higher. We've got 'em right where we want em!

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

gh are you scum

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Vote: El Barto

Vote: General Hanky-Panky

Now that we have them on the ropes of their seats, we can go in for the death.

BTW, it's LYLO for 2 vs. 4
    Vitiate Man.

Blog Entries

Highest tier: GH

Next highest tier: Monty

Leaning town: Barto

Lynch within this pile: john, Al Sips, Raith

Blog Entries

I doubt Monty's going to be this flippant and gung-ho about things if he's scum, hence my rating of him. Barto is just a gut instinct.

Blog Entries

john has to live because it's tradition that he makes it to the endgame because he's john.

Vote: Raith Kemmler

Who has somewhat dropped off the map.

I’m glad Raith is starting to get some much needed attention, but his lack of participation is somewhat bolstering his standing in my mind. I doubt a scummer just drops off the map entirely during a game (unless there is some RL factor interfering). Regardless he does need to show up and explain why he has been quiet and why he didn’t vote to save himself on D1.

@Raith Kemmler please show up. :)

Unfortunately the huge lack of participation this game makes it hard to pick out the mafia. We are left to small indications, gut feelings, and basically random shots at this. That is not a place that we want to be.

Many have been basically silent - not saying anything that can really give an indication one way or the other. Someone who hasn’t though is GH. Now granted there is not a lot to go on here, but I feel that GH has not been spending his posting time as aggressively as he could be on ferreting out the scum among us. I would not be surprised if he is indeed one of our targets.
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

flippant and gung-ho
    What are you talking about?

Town GH wouldn't make such a strange evaluation of my activity.
    Vitiate Man.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BSmith View Post
    Many have been basically silent - not saying anything that can really give an indication one way or the other. Someone who hasn’t though is GH. Now granted there is not a lot to go on here, but I feel that GH has not been spending his posting time as aggressively as he could be on ferreting out the scum among us. I would not be surprised if he is indeed one of our targets.
    There's really nothing to ferret out, which is why I've adopted the particular persona for this game - to see how people react to it. Lemons, lemonade, etc.

There's really nothing to ferret out
    PIS
    Vitiate Man.

GH has been either deciding or initiating every lynch so far.
    D1: decided between Atheotes and Raith, saved Raith.
    D2: pushed for Auto's lynch, making BSmith to switch away from Raith, Raith was saved again.
    D3: no one cared about Raith anymore, GH decided between Morgan and El Barto.

So Raith has been avoiding the gallows, twice with GH's help. Raith is AWOL for more than 2 phases but so far has not been wogged. I think DM can't replace him, and just removing half of the scum team would suck.
    I can pretty much buy a GH-Raith team. GH is now just bussing his inactive partner for town cred.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    john has to live because it's tradition that he makes it to the endgame because he's john.
    I think this is a terrible reason. Visor's snake game is still raw in my memory. Winston summed it up nicely then, that JHT being still alive that late in the game was a scumtell.

Emotionally, I want to vote for JHT, but the logic tells me to go with GH. Then again, the logic didn't help me at all in Visor's game.

Vote: JHT

aargh.
    Unvote: JHT
    Vote: GH

Buckle down.

GH - 2 (Montmorency, Al Sipsclar)
    El Barto - 1 (JHT)
    Raith Kemmler - 1 (GH)

Raith and Bart haven't voted yet. If one or the other is scum with GH, this is the proper opportunity to set up a double-whammy by having Raith show up to tie the vote for GH to break. In that case, we would lose by default with 2 vs. 2 next morning.

There's one day left to vote - stay frosty.
    Vitiate Man.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Unvote; Vote:GH

<Insert Joke Here> Member Choxorn's Avatar

With my dying breath, I curse my friends and Zoidberg.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    Unvote; Vote:GH
    So are we going to talk about this at all?

Blog Entries

Now what're you gonna do with your undying breath?

Blog Entries

I saved Raith because he was showing life on D1. Now he isn't.
    I pushed auto because he wasn't around much.
    I saved Barto because... well, mostly because I had been drinking that night, but also because he was somewhat more active.

I've been consistent on trying to keep the active people around for the endgame so that there could actually be an endgame.

I've been consistent on trying to keep the active people around for the endgame so that there could actually be an endgame.
    Save Raith D1, could be your scum mate or could be a red herring for when you pull the same moves with Barto on D2 and D3. Plausible deniability and all.

Simpler account, the D1 vote was meaningless and the real meat is in your voting to save Bart twice in a row

Either way, it's looking like you and Barto.

And don't think I haven't noticed the pattern with the night kills, namely the removal of all moderate or 'challenging' townies.
    Vitiate Man.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast