Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Kingslayer [Concluded]

Default Re: Kingslayer [In Play]

I've been consistent on trying to keep the active people around for the endgame so that there could actually be an endgame.
    By the way, this has not been a strong theme in how you've operated so far. D1, Atheotes was as active as anyone. Day 2, you made this rhetorical claim alongside a vote on Auto, after which you didn't participate in events. Day 3, you started voting JHT but switched to Morgan because you "liked" Bart.

Looking at the previous rounds:

D1:
    Atheotes 2(Morgan, Al Sipsclar) <<< GH, unvoted Choxorn
    Raith Kemmler 2(El Barto, JHT)

Quote Originally Posted by GH during N1, to Morgan
    I know one thing I'm not confused about. You should really shower more, "guilty" is written all over your face.

Quote Originally Posted by GH during D2
    This is a good read by BSmith and I'm putting him in my town pile, unless of course he's mafia in which case his days are numbered anyway.
    D2:
    Montmorency >>> Barto (1)
    BSmith >>> Morgan
    BSmith >>> Raith (1)
    GH >>> Auto (1)
    Auto >>> Barto (2)
    Al Sipsclar >>> Raith (2)
    Choxorn >>> Auto (2)
    BSmith >>> Auto (3)

Quote Originally Posted by BSmith
    Raith can be tomorrow.

D3:
    El Barto 3 (Montmorency, JHT, Morgan)
    Morgan 3 (Al Sipsclar, Choxorn, El Barto) <<< GH, unvoted JHT
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    So are we going to talk about this at all?
    johnhughthom has not explained any of his votes so far. vote: johnhughthom

Voting RaithKemmler is stupid, I think, so that could justify lynching you, GH. OTOH you saved me, which was the right choice.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    johnhughthom has not explained any of his votes so far. vote: johnhughthom

Voting RaithKemmler is stupid, I think, so that could justify lynching you, GH. OTOH you saved me, which was the right choice.
    Not to look a potential gift horse in the mouth, but why would you consider a Raith vote to be stupid?
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Okay. It's perfectly normal for john to kill me on N1 just because he's john. It really is that simple sometimes.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Unvote: Raith
    Vote: john
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Not to look a potential gift horse in the mouth, but why would you consider a Raith vote to be stupid?
    Because voting to lynch the inactive, when it's LyLO, is a silly move, in my augustly humble opinion.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    Because voting to lynch the inactive, when it's LyLO, is a silly move, in my augustly humble opinion.
    Let's say john, as mafia, is lynched today and Raith is still left alive after the night phase. What about then?

JHT - Bart, GH
    GH - Monty, Sipsclar
    Bart - JHT
    0 - Raith

The pieces are in place. Now I find it difficult to believe that GH and Bart are scum together, as they may lose GH to a countervote by John without some rapid footwork or an outsized reliance on a late-game solo clutch for Barto.

Watch Sipsclar.
    Vitiate Man.

Blog Entries

Timer from last page:

I will most likely be on at phase end to counteract any shenanigans, but my prime motive will obviously be self-preservation.

Blog Entries

That said, I will still attempt to save Monty and Barto, in that order, if possible.

You'd save Monty even if he votes for you?

He'd save you even if your vote puts him on the knife's edge.
    Vitiate Man.

Blog Entries

Alright, 15 minutes (bit under) left.

Make your move, mafs.

Blog Entries

I don't like how we have two off-wagon voters.

Blog Entries

Actually wait, there isn't a tie, Monty's tally missed john's vote change for me.

GG all, looks like the CURSE OF KHAAN is back in full force.

Blog Entries

Any last-minute gif requests?

Blog Entries

Guess not. Peace, all.

Blog Entries

(john and Raith are my guesses)

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wait...

There's not a tie?

I can do the writeup at the appropriate time?

GH has been lynched, writeup incoming.

Tally:

GH 3(Monty, Al Sipsclar, JHT)
    JHT 2(El Barto, GH)
    Raith 1(GH)
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seireikhaan View Post
    Wait...

There's not a tie?

I can do the writeup at the appropriate time?
    I know, I'm disappointed too.

Blog Entries

When Hemilco gathered the remaining survivors to the cliffside the next morning, it was with noted desperation in his voice that he noted the absence of yet another of their own. “Now, now, I know this can be a trifle difficult,” the elderly vizier announced. “But, in all honesty, I must attempt to impress upon you that we should probably do away with whoever is slowly sending us to our own graves on this island!”

And so it was that another round of accusations flew. This time, it seemed that public opinion had turned against the man who decided fates the previous day – GeneralHankerchief. He gave a spirited defense, which convinced a few, but it seemed others were unimpressed. Some even noted that he still smelled strongly of alcohol, which aroused suspicion of where he had obtained such a drink on a mostly abandoned island. In the end, GeneralHankerchief was presented to Hemilco, who eyed him with disgust, noting a distinct, patchy beard, bleared eyes, and a glare that seemed at the same time looping, but focused.

“GeneralHankerchief, do you have any last words before we send you to the afterlife, to join in the despair of traitors and liars?” GH simply eyed the vizier, before raising a finger to indicate a pause. He reached into his tunic, and withdrew a small, clay container with a hole on the end, and undid a stop in it. He took a deep breath, and upon his exhale, downed the contents of the clay container, a foul stench of some kind of impossibly strong alcohol filling the air.

“See you thar, you incompetent dip-“ His final words were interrupted when Hemilco sent him to the afterlife with a swift strike to the side of his head with his wooden mace, collapsing GeneralHankerchief’s skull.

“Such an unruly lot!” Hemilco announced. “Clearly, you were all on to something. Only the most foul of men would react in such a fashion!” He glanced to the horizon to see the sun finally reaching its nadir. “We shall continue, then! For tomorrow! For glory and victory!”

Tally:

GH 3(Monty, Al Sipsclar, JHT)
    JHT 2(El Barto, GH)
    Raith 1(GH)

It is now night 4! You have 24 hours to send orders!

Alive:

El Barto
    Raith Kemmler
    JHT
    Al Sipsclair
    Montmorency

Lynched:

Atheotes(D1)
    Autolycus(D2)
    Morgan 1(D3)
    GeneralHankerchief (D4)

Killed:

Double A(N1)
    Bsmith(N2)
    Choxorn (N3)
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Member thankful for this post:

Really? Wow, sorry. Dur.
    Vitiate Man.

How is that even possible. I must have seen his post, both before and after El Barto appeared.

I don't even remember any of this anymore.
    Vitiate Man.

Blog Entries

Johnhughthom was meditating on the roof of the fort that night, gazing upon a full moon, hoping for guidance. He had never been one with a proclivity for extended speeches or great discourse. The moon reminded him in times of trouble of his own motto of silent fortitude. She rose to relieve her brother sun when he required rest, and passed in silence, unappreciated by most who desired the boastful presence of the elder twin. Yet still, she fulfilled her duty in tragic silence, a trait Johnhuthom found most admirable. Tonight, however, his ponderings upon the silent moon were interrupted by a noise most forceful.

The door to the wooden roof of the fort swung open with a thunderous bang. A man with in a dark attire seemed to hop out of it with levity, swaying forward to Johnhughtom with an arrogant swagger. Behind him, another figure, clearly feminine, followed demurely, in a direct path, taking small, quiet steps. The man withdrew a longsword from his belt and raised it at Johnhughthom while he continued his advance.

“By now you should have a good idea of why we’re here,” he growled out in a harsh tone.

“Yes.”

“Well? Will you not beg for mercy? Or will you fight back with pride and dignity?” The man asked as he drew within a few feet of his target.

“…”

“Well?”

“I don’t think so,” Johnhughthom responded.

“You don’t think what?” His intruder demanded. John looked at the man with a raised eyebrow, before closing his eyes once more and returned to his mediations “ARGH! HOW DARE YOU IGNORE ME!” The man demanded. He raised his longsword and slammed it down onto Johnhugthom’s neck, sending him collapsing to the stone ceiling of the fort. Curiously, there was neither a cry of agony nor even a curdle of blood as Johnhughtom watched the sun begin to rise with his final moments.

Alive:

El Barto
    Raith Kemmler
    Al Sipsclair
    Montmorency

Lynched:

Atheotes(D1)
    Autolycus(D2)
    Morgan 1(D3)
    GeneralHankerchief (D4)

Killed:

Double A(N1)
    Bsmith(N2)
    Choxorn (N3)
    Johnhughthom (N4)
    Last edited by seireikhaan; 08-06-2016 at 01:54.

Blog Entries

When Hemilco rang the bell to indicate that once more, a gathering was to take place, only four responded to his call. Panic and fear were had long since made their presence known at these meetings.

“By all the gods!” Hemilco wondered aloud. “What have we done to deserve this fate?” He asked as El Barto, Raith Kemmler, Al Sipsclar, and Montmorency gathered again. “It seems that we must make our choices count most dearly, for I do not believe we shall have another chance at this!”

“I must agree, my dear. The time is near, Vizier,” El Barto agreed. In a flash, El Barto withdrew a knife from his sleeve, and undid the throat of Montmorency, who had the misfortune to be standing nearby. At this same moment, Al Sipsclar delivered a devastating punch to the back of the head of Raith Kemmlar, and used his advantage to withdraw a sword from his belt and run the staggering fellow through.

“What? What is this? YOU are behind this, Hannu? You dared slay your own father and brother in this madness? What has possessed you?! And why would you support this insanity, Almelun?”

“It’s simple, you old fool,” Hannu began, her eyes beginning to flash dangerously. “I am as much an heir to the throne as my fool brother was. I was studious, and loyal, and gave my greatest effort in all that was requested of me. And my reward for this? To be married off to a noblemen so I might birth him sons and hang off his arm as a trophy? I think not. The throne shall go to those who take it. Yhirom should have desired it more.”

“As for myself,” Almelun began. “The king had forsook his authority. He denied myself my men our rightful plunder too many times in exchange for our risking our lives. The men were on the verge of mutiny, and that aloof oaf was too ignorant to realize it, wanting more to blather on about tolerance and mercy and achieving ‘peace’. Thankfully, someone in the royal family,” he continued with a nod to Hannu. “Realizes the real costs of power. Now, with apologies, dear Vizier,” he finished with a pause, raising his blade to Hemilco.

“Your services are no longer required,” Hannu finished for him as he slew the Vizier where he stood.

“Now, dear General, I tire of this place. Let us show the world this kingdom’s new face.”

Total Mafia Victory!

Alive:

El Barto (Mafia – Hannu, Daughter of the King)
    Al Sipsclair (Mafia – Almelun, General of the Third Army

Lynched:

Atheotes(D1)
    Autolycus(D2)
    Morgan 1(D3)
    GeneralHankerchief (D4)

Killed:

Double A(N1)
    Bsmith(N2)
    Choxorn (N3)
    Johnhughthom (N4)
    Raith Kemmler (D5)
    Montmorency (D5)

Blog Entries

Assuming this isn't a drawn-out execution, I'd go for Al Sipsclar here.

-edit- erp

Blog Entries

GG all, and you're welcome Barto.

Thanks to khaan for hosting!

<Insert Joke Here> Member Choxorn's Avatar

As usual, I can't read Takhitty at all and I think Al's alignment is the opposite of what it actually is.

Safe to say my two mistakes of taking the pressure off Barto, and of missing John's vote, killed town.

Now that I've seen Al Sipsclar play, let's have another game.
    Vitiate Man.

I finally win as mafia when lurking! Yay!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast