Thread: Minnesota Viking's first Superbowl!

Cool Minnesota Viking's first Superbowl!

So, who is excited for the first ever Viking's Superbowl under coach Zimmer? Remember that you heard it here first!
    I don't know if it is our season to win it, but mark my words, this will be our first Superbowl season during my lifetime!
    Last edited by Vuk; 07-20-2016 at 03:07. Reason: for clarity
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Default Re: Minnesota Viking's first Superbowl!

Sadly I don't think Broncos can pull off two in a row. Going with Patriots or Carolina. I'll pick one for a bet though..
    Last edited by AE Bravo; 07-19-2016 at 03:54.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

I think the Vikings have a decent shot pretty good offense, and their defense is great iirc. I'd pick Carolina over the Vikings though... If Houston had just a decent quarterback they could probably make it in my opinion. Why are we talking about football when the preseason hasn't even started yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

The Vikings have been to four Super Bowls.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Member thankful for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    The Vikings have been to four Super Bowls.
    lol, during my lifetime and under coach Zim I mean. Their last Superbowl was what, mid 70s?
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

'76, I believe.

The Vikings won't get back to the Super Bowl until they go back to their roots. They should have made the new stadium an open-air venue.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    '76, I believe.

The Vikings won't get back to the Super Bowl until they go back to their roots. They should have made the new stadium an open-air venue.
    I agree on the open air stadium, but I really believe that we will go the distance this time.

Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

Tom Terrific is out for the first 4 games of the season. He should play the remainder with a chip on his shoulder. I go for the Pats in the superbowl. Will they win? Maybe. Unless they play the Giants of course. Ha ha.
    Silence is beautiful

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

<Martok casts Lesser Thread Necromancy>

Vuk, if I'd read the OP when you first posted it, I'd have largely agreed with you. (Incidentally, I was technically around for the Vikes' last Super Bowl appearance, although I was less than two months old at the time. )

Then, six weeks ago, I was ready to despair.

Now? Your words are starting to look even more prophetic than I'd have guessed. Granted it's still early in the season, and the Vikings have stumbled and disappointed us before (too many times, really), but personally I think this may be the best team we've seen since that magical 1998 season where we were only one clumsy Gary Anderson away from the Big Game.

Am trying very hard to not hope too much...
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Member thankful for this post:

Vuk 

Quote Originally Posted by Martok View Post
    <Martok casts Lesser Thread Necromancy>

Vuk, if I'd read the OP when you first posted it, I'd have largely agreed with you. (Incidentally, I was technically around for the Vikes' last Super Bowl appearance, although I was less than two months old at the time. )

Then, six weeks ago, I was ready to despair.

Now? Your words are starting to look even more prophetic than I'd have guessed. Granted it's still early in the season, and the Vikings have stumbled and disappointed us before (too many times, really), but personally I think this may be the best team we've seen since that magical 1998 season where we were only one clumsy Gary Anderson away from the Big Game.

Am trying very hard to not hope too much...

lol, I know, right? After everyone we have lost to injury we have no right to even be playing, never mind winning. Coach Zimmer is a special guy though, and I think that he has changed the culture of this team and imbued it with and indomitable spirit. Will this still be our Superbowl season like it looked like pre-injury? I am honestly not sure anymore, but I think we sure as heck stand a good chance.