Thread: Influence and confidence: how does it work? Hard coded limits?

Default Influence and confidence: how does it work? Hard coded limits?

First I want to say a big thank you for this beautiful game! I was a big EB I fan back in the days and have only recently gotten into playing EB II.

I have been asking and searching around a bit but haven't found any good answers to the questions I'm about to ask.

RTW's system of command/influence/management for FMs was very intuitive and useful; command was good for battles, influence for public order and management for economy. In M2TW it's a complete mess. No one seems sure what all the effects of especially chivalry/dread and piety actually are.

In EBII, as far as I understand, dread has been removed, chivalry replaced by confidence and piety by influence. Are confidence and influence just rebrands of chivalry and piety, i.e. do they have the same effects but with new names, or can you redefine what effects they have? I suspect it is the former. But if not, wouldn't it make more sense to use the old "management" rather than confidence? According to its description confidence seems to be about unit morale which should make it kind of redundant since command already does that (among other things). And from my short EBII experience I find that FMs don't seem to affect economy much.
    Last edited by Paltmull; 08-01-2016 at 13:23.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Default Re: Influence and confidence: how does it work? Hard coded limits?

Confidence, yes. Chivalry adds morale to troops.

Influence, the bool was changed to make it act more like RTW influence as piety was originally management frkm rtw renamed iirc.