Thread: SWAT 3

Default SWAT 3

Does anyone still play this game? I just got it out and played it again after ages of it collecting dust. It was a damned good game. I cannot think of a single other shooter that did that good of a job simulating CQB.
    To this day it is thrilling and enjoyable. It makes you feel so mortal.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Default Re: SWAT 3

I didnt play 3 but I played a lot of Swat 4. I remember the mission with the kidnapper and the faces in the basement being the single creepiest thing I have ever seen in a video game. Granted I dont play much in the way of creepy games but still.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Member thankful for this post:

Vuk 

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    I didnt play 3 but I played a lot of Swat 4. I remember the mission with the kidnapper and the faces in the basement being the single creepiest thing I have ever seen in a video game. Granted I dont play much in the way of creepy games but still.
    You can get SWAT 3 real cheap on GOG Hooahguy; I would give it a go. I really think you would like it. It is in many ways a much deeper simulation than SWAT 4...though it lacks some of the polish. There are also some great mods for it that really take it to the next level. There used to be a very vibrant and productive SWAT 3 modding community.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Absolutily loved SWAT 3, fun to be leave as many alive as you can. Hard to choose between SWAT 3 and the Rainbow Six games

Member thankful for this post:

Vuk 

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Absolutily loved SWAT 3, fun to be leave as many alive as you can. Hard to choose between SWAT 3 and the Rainbow Six games
    I think that SWAT 3 was more realistic (if slightly less exciting), so I would go with it. I don't see any servers and cannot seem to host one, so I don't know if multiplayer is still possible for SWAT 3 though. That is a shame, because it used to have a really good MP community.

Never played the multiplayer of Swat3 but I have been playing R6 Rogue Spear multiplayer for years, best multiplayer game ever imho. It sadly dried up because everybody was so good that it was frankly impossible for newcommers to get into, dead in a few seconds max and death is permanent

Swat 4 was so much fun. I really wish they would do a swat 5. R6:siege is nice and all but I wanna go in less than lethal like.
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Veho Nex View Post
    Swat 4 was so much fun. I really wish they would do a swat 5. R6:siege is nice and all but I wanna go in less than lethal like.
    Haven't played Swat 4, but Swat 3 is absolutily at it's best if you go in to just subdue things, every kill feels like screwing up. Pretty unique for a shooter. AI is also very believabe, the baddies aren't there to make a last stand
    Last edited by Fragony; 09-08-2016 at 09:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Veho Nex View Post
    I felt like SWAT 4 had much more polish, but less depth and realism. I loved the sniper option, but that was really the only thing I thought that was a major improvement. Even that though I didn't think was implemented very well.