Thread: The Org - For New Members

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default The Org - For New Members

Hello there!

Welcome to the Org, or as we old boys call it sometimes, The Guild. Welcome to one of the oldest TW websites on the internet and a wonderful corner of the Total War community for as long as it has been around. Somehow you stumbled here by chance, or by choice, and we want to welcome you around. Hi from me and I'm sure, as you've probably seen from the other threads, hello from the other patrons of this relaxed little place.

You're a new member.

Or maybe not. Maybe you're just a lurker/viewer/someone who constantly checks this place and other TW websites for info about the series.

Either case, you're welcome at the Org!

And you're encouraged to join and chip in the discussion. We might not be as active as the official forums, or maybe like Total War Center, but you're more than welcome to join in the discussion, start your own threads and other posters will follow and join you in the talks about TW. Or other things. Because we're not just a TW forum, we also deal in other things - like a Frontroom (for fun stuff) and a Backroom for political stuff. Don't be discouraged if you don't see activity - a lot of our members are lurking, watching, eyeing, spying in some cases even... (I see the old boys around... I see you...) but what's important is that you ask all of the questions that are sitting in your mind about your current campaign, future TW releases or maybe even info about other games in the Arena. Our patrons are here and they will help you out.

The FAQ may be quite long and stuffy - but it does contain some basic rules to follow - which is why I made this relatively short post for the new members and lurkers alike. Basic rules of forums and conversation and you're good to go.

FAQ - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...-Org-Rules-FAQ

So to everyone who reads and is a new member or a lurker or even a passerby - welcome to the Org! Welcome to The Guild, and enjoy your stay because we've been enjoying it for a long time and we're here for even more time!

Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Members thankful for this post (3):

Default Re: The Org - For New Members

Adding to the original post - the ORG has a rather active forum game place. Do check it out.

The Gameroom - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forum...p?156-Gameroom

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Member thankful for this post:

Colonel In Chief Member PROVOST's Avatar

You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long. -Boris Yeltsin

мыслете наш он покой

Another bit of info about The Guild - our Off Topic place is quite popular, so when you're eager for some discussion, head on over.

Frontroom (nice and cosy) - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forum...-%28General%29

Backroom (Political & Current Events) - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forum...28Political%29

Last edited by edyzmedieval; 09-26-2016 at 01:16.

Proud

Been to:

Hi all i am an old total wargamer loved the avalon hill board games back in the day but i love all the total war series i have owned them all well literally speaking any how ;-) i'm taking a break from world of warships and getting back into NTW finding it difficult on the entry level campaign but after reading some ofthe guides and watching you tube as well im still not doing very well lol hello all :-)

Colonel In Chief Member PROVOST's Avatar

@ Ketch2

You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long. -Boris Yeltsin

мыслете наш он покой

Hello there Ketch!

Welcome to the Org!

Proud

Been to:

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

Welcome!
    Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

We want to invite long time lurkers, people who visit the forums occasionally, new members... everyone who appreciates the Org - to go here ->

--> https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...orum-Structure

Cast your vote in the new Forum Structure of the Org.

Proud

Been to:

For new members who are looking for some guidance in their TW games - check out Frogbeastegg's wonderful game guides.

Shogun 2 TW - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...r-Shogun-II-10
    Last edited by edyzmedieval; 10-30-2016 at 20:20.

Proud

Been to:

I noticed that a number of our old patrons have returned - welcome aboard, gentlemen.

Proud

Been to:

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

Had to make sure I was back in plenty of time for my 15 year anniversary....

Special privileges!
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

For TosaInu and the Org Senior Member The_Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LittleGrizzly View Post
    Had to make sure I was back in plenty of time for my 15 year anniversary....

Special privileges!
    Welcome back!
    "Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it."

Welcome back gentlemen.

Proud

Been to: