Thread: Empires of Sand - Aksum

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Empires of Sand - Aksum

I purchased the Empires of Sand DLC pack a while ago, I was swayed by the very good reviews it got - and for good reason.

Aksum, Himyar and the Lakhmids have a very diverse unit roster, quite a number of unique units and it makes you fight in the desert which you rarely get to do unless you plan on conquering the south with the Sassanids, otherwise not much desert fighting going on with other factions. That being said, I chose Aksum as the campaign and although you start off pretty isolated and with not much income, striking quick against Himyar will allow you to expand. Until you deal with the Sassanids.

Them aside, one thing I really enjoy is the custom tech tree and the customised culture the pack has for Aksum. Look at this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160912041031_1.jpg 
Views:	2800 
Size:	557.8 KB 
ID:	18895

Cultured touch, I really enjoy it.

Thoughts? Did anyone play with the desert factions?
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Members thankful for this post (2):

Default Re: Empires of Sand - Aksum

I just started with the Tanukhids again. I'm terrible with horde factions. But this time I'm trying to finish the first two Queen Mavia missions then crave out the Caliphate 300 years early.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

It offers a lot of depth, and the unit rosters and the unique cultural touches really an excellent side of Attila.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

By the end of the Aksum campaign, it was a serious grind with those Sassanids.
    Last edited by edyzmedieval; 08-26-2017 at 00:53.

Proud

Been to: