Page 108 of 111 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111 LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,240 of 3317

Thread: Futuramafia [Concluded]

Default Re: Tally as of post 3209

Young lady, I am an expert on humans. Now pick a mouth, open it, and say BR BR BR BR BRRRRRRRR.

Dr. John A. Zoidberg

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Player: atheotes

Role: HYPNOTOAD [COVER: Zoidberg]

Faction: ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

Role: Walt [COVER: Zoidberg]

Faction: MomCorp (MAFIA)

Role: Zoidberg (https://theinfosphere.org/Zoidberg)

Faction: TOWN

Member thankful for this post:

Default Re: Futuramafia [In Play]

Alive: 5

Al Sipsclar - Calculon
    Askthepizzaguy - Kif Kroker
    Dp101 - Richard Nixon's head
    GeneralHankerchief - Donbot
    Pelican - Philip J. Fry

---

Lynched: 8

d1 - spaceman98 - Leela
    d2 - BSmith - Amy
    d3 - Stork - Professor Farnsworth
    d4 - novice - Scruffy
    d5 - Cuthillius - Hattie
    d6 - Murska - Dr. Wernstrom
    d7 - Montmorency - Mom
    d8 - atheotes - HYPNOTOAD

---

Killed: 8

n1 - El Barto - Flexo
    n2 - Visor - Hermes
    n2 - seireikhaan - Larry
    d3 - CrimsonFox - Zapp Brannigan
    n3 - Newyn - Linda
    n4 - choxorn - Morbo
    n5 - Winston Hughes - Robot Devil
    n7 - Riedquat - Bender

---

Modkilled: 1

johnhughthom - Hedonismbot

MomCorp Victory!

Alive: 5

Al Sipsclar - Calculon
    Askthepizzaguy - Igner
    Dp101 - Richard Nixon's head
    GeneralHankerchief - Donbot
    Pelican - Walt

---

Lynched: 8

d1 - spaceman98 - Leela
    d2 - BSmith - Amy
    d3 - Stork - Professor Farnsworth
    d4 - novice - Scruffy
    d5 - Cuthillius - Hattie
    d6 - Murska - Dr. Wernstrom
    d7 - Montmorency - Mom
    d8 - atheotes - Zoidberg

---

Killed: 8

n1 - El Barto - Flexo
    n2 - Visor - Hermes
    n2 - seireikhaan - Larry
    d3 - CrimsonFox - Zapp Brannigan
    n3 - Newyn - Linda
    n4 - choxorn - Morbo
    n5 - Winston Hughes - Robot Devil
    n7 - Riedquat - Bender

---

Modkilled: 1

johnhughthom - Hedonismbot

Game is now over. Thanks everyone for playing and congrats to the winners.

More details and stuff coming later this week, I'm going to be busy tonight and probably tomorrow.

(GH was the only non-vanilla left, and the mafia would have just blocked him and could have killed anyone.)

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jesus Christ.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Members thankful for this post (2):

EVERYONE, dead or alive, can now post, since it's over.

@Pelican @Askthepizzaguy @Montmorency @seireikhaan

Congrats!

@Riedquat

I haven't looked at the specifics yet, but I think you also did quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Jesus Christ.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is what I get for not ISOing. A little voice in the back of my head said that Pizza and Monty passed up a lot of opportunities to truly force the issue with each other, but there were always bigger targets. Argh.

Well played, you nutjobs.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

Well, this is all my fault. My perfect win streak is now shattered, and it could easily have been avoided if I just listened to Winston. Feel free to blame me for the loss, my brain must have equated walls of text with actual decent cases, and I forgot the Cuthillius mess way too quickly. I maintain that while Quat scanning mafia as not a threat in one specific case does make some kind of sense as to avoid him being a seer, it still feels a bit like a bastard role.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    @Riedquat

I haven't looked at the specifics yet, but I think you also did quite well.
    Okay, there's lots of things that are gonna bug me (most of them self-inflicted, don't get me wrong ) but let's start with this one. With Fry being mafia, aren't Riedquat's two goals of protecting both robots (townies) and Fry (mafia) self-contradictory?

Gosh!!! Amazing game! Thanks for hosting Zack!

Now, you, stupid Igner! Why did you need to kill me?? I know I kinda got your mother lynched, but wasn't my intention! That night I scanned you, never scanned Monty ;) I lied here and there of course but I needed both town and scum to achieve my goals!

Team Victory Conditions:

Bender's victory is graded (at the host's discretion) on his ability to achieve the goals below, listed in no particular order.

- Survival. You, Bender, survive the game.

- Evil Twin. Outlive Flexo. (Bonus points for being directly involved in Flexo's death.)

- Robot Prosperity. As many robots as possible survive the game (except Flexo, he can die).

- Kill all humans. As few humans as possible survive the game (except Fry, he can live).

- Except one. Fry survives the game. Bender: [crying] All those times... I said "kill all humans"... I'd always whisper "except one". Fry was that one.

Abilities:

Kleptomania. Each Night, you may steal an item from another player, which will reveal their relation to your victory conditions, if any. This ability cannot be used on the same player twice.

Further the cause. After using "Kleptomania" on a player, you have a chance at gaining one use of this ability. Use it on the same player, and depending on how they relate to your victory conditions, you will either protect or kill them. You can use this ability and Kleptomania on the same night.

This metal is more than just shiny. Nightkill immunity on Night 1. This is a passive ability and it triggers automatically.
    returning to the shadows.....

Blog Entries

I'm waiting to read the mafia quicktopic where Pizza and Monty inevitably quote my one post saying "you two are both town and you need to stop going after each other" and just laugh as loudly and obnoxiously as they can.

Okay, there's lots of things that are gonna bug me (most of them self-inflicted, don't get me wrong ) but let's start with this one. With Fry being mafia, aren't Riedquat's two goals of protecting both robots (townies) and Fry (mafia) self-contradictory?
    riedquat never posted his real role pm

I'm so excited I wish I could wet my pants.

Bender Bending Rodriguez

Player: Riedquat

Role: Bender (https://theinfosphere.org/bender)

Faction: BENDER (NEUTRAL)

Team Victory Conditions:

Bender's victory is graded (at the host's discretion) on his ability to achieve the goals below, listed in no particular order.

- Survival. You, Bender, survive the game.

- Evil Twin. Outlive Flexo. (Bonus points for being directly involved in Flexo's death.)

- Robot Prosperity. As many robots as possible survive the game (except Flexo, he can die).

- Kill all humans. As few humans as possible survive the game (except Fry, he can live).

- Except one. Fry survives the game. Bender: [crying] All those times... I said "kill all humans"... I'd always whisper "except one". Fry was that one.

Abilities:

Kleptomania. Each Night, you may steal an item from another player, which will reveal their relation to your victory conditions, if any. This ability cannot be used on the same player twice.

Further the cause. After using "Kleptomania" on a player, you have a chance at gaining one use of this ability. Use it on the same player, and depending on how they relate to your victory conditions, you will either protect or kill them. You can use this ability and Kleptomania on the same night.

This metal is more than just shiny. Nightkill immunity on Night 1. This is a passive ability and it triggers automatically.

-----

If you have any questions, ask me privately.

Well, at least I called the potential bender kill all humans thing right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    Well, this is all my fault. My perfect win streak is now shattered, and it could easily have been avoided if I just listened to Winston. Feel free to blame me for the loss, my brain must have equated walls of text with actual decent cases, and I forgot the Cuthillius mess way too quickly. I maintain that while Quat scanning mafia as not a threat in one specific case does make some kind of sense as to avoid him being a seer, it still feels a bit like a bastard role.
    Hey, it was a difficult game for everybody, my scans were useless for town, the threats to me were the humans, the only one who was really suspicious was Atheotes! And honestly, I never suspected Monty of being scum I just lied my ass off there because he was admittedly human and I needed him dead, was prepare to reveal the true role after the lynch, my last order was to scan you, and all these post from Al Sip and atheotes pointing at you, well I was being subtle trying to point at you like a nice night target...

Fry!!?? Why??

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Brain slug told me to say GG

*hugs* to my worthy competitors. I hope that you were able to have fun regardless.

As is tradition for me, you will of course note that I admitted to being mafia with Montmorency, and then said I would light my cigar with your bodies.

Sorry. I got to do that, it's just who I ams.

On a more serious note, I truly appreciate the folks in this game who really tried, and the scoreboard doesn't indicate how close it was. Things could have gone way downhill for us if only a little bit changed, like me being lynched before Monty. After the atheotes kill attempt failed, we thought we had blundered it away. Atheotes played his slot well, since he managed to draw a kill.

The worst part was, I even thought he might be a one shot bulletproof "or something" and suggested killing elsewhere that night. No idea what happened there.

I want our new players to come back. Novice and dp101 were both a breath of fresh air on this site.

CrimsonFox brought a lot of heart, I would ask that he tone things down as this site is more casual as you can see.

Riedquat, I feel sorry about the very cold hearted decision to kill you. But it was for the greater good of being bad. I wanted to win outright with you at final 7 but I guess you had a win condition that forced your hand otherwise? Dunno what happened there.

Scum Quicktopic:

https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/yL4spGrep5i

Our strategy and running commentary throughout the game. Please enjoy.

#Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    Scum Quicktopic:

https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/yL4spGrep5i

Our strategy and running commentary throughout the game. Please enjoy.

Do I read this before bed, or wait until tomorrow?

...aaaaaaaaaaaand there's that masochism instinct kicking in.

Quote Originally Posted by Riedquat View Post
    Gosh!!! Amazing game! Thanks for hosting Zack!

Now, you, stupid Igner! Why did you need to kill me?? I know I kinda got your mother lynched, but wasn't my intention! That night I scanned you, never scanned Monty ;) I lied here and there of course but I needed both town and scum to achieve my goals.
    Oh, well in that case...

I was dropping hints like they were elephants in the thread for you to unvote and then vote with me. So now I don't even feel bad.

Lol

Go re-read that day. I couldn't have been more obvious, actually.

Hugs anyway. I wanted this game to be over and for you to achieve your win conditions, but I spoke directly to you all day and told you he was scum and to get off of him, openly, in public.

If you can't hear me after I do that, I'm afraid MomCorp finds you to be faulty and recalls you to be scrapped, y'know?

I hope we killed enough humans for you to do well regardless.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Do I read this before bed, or wait until tomorrow?

...aaaaaaaaaaaand there's that masochism instinct kicking in.
    I said several kind things about many players in there. It's a good read, albeit lengthy.

I think this town will get a lot out of this qt and recommend it. It shouldn't be cringe-worthy even in the position of having failed to defeat our team.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Well, time to read the thread and see if my theory of mafia keeping me alive because they knew they could easily pocket me was true.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    riedquat never posted his real role pm
    He did, meatbag!
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

I want to know what was up with Stork's role.

Also, gg stork and good try.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    Well, time to read the thread and see if my theory of mafia keeping me alive because they knew they could easily pocket me was true.
    No, I actually thought I had lost you at several points.

The person I specifically kept alive was GH because people were suspecting him so much.

And I knew that was a massive risk because of (a) his role and (b) he's a very dangerous player and (c) I have never successfully pocketed him and wouldn't immediately think that's my best option, ever.

But, it worked out, because it was such an outlandish thing to try.

Also I told my teammates to bus me literally all game, for the same reason. Too outlandish for me to try. But I had to try once, you see.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    He did, meatbag!
    he edited omitted some stuff

I thought it was kinda funny that no one noticed that, in the Role PM atheotes posted, the font changed halfway through the ability description then changed back.

Made me feel a bit silly for how much effort I put into making them all super consistent (down to stuff like making sure all links used https instead of http).

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

So, mafia, why did you kill me on Night One? Did my attempt at being Bender succeed that well? The idea was that, as I could keep talking after death, I'd draw fire rather than lose a power role (not that I didn't suspect Bender could easily be set to ‘kill all humans’ mode or, Zack being Zack, have been repossessed by MomCorp or joined Evil Santa or, or, well, Bender's evil, basically).
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Was there a dead chat?
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    So, mafia, why did you kill me on Night One? Did my attempt at being Bender succeed that well? The idea was that, as I could keep talking after death, I'd draw fire rather than lose a power role (not that I didn't suspect Bender could easily be set to ‘kill all humans’ mode or, Zack being Zack, have been repossessed by MomCorp or joined Evil Santa or, or, well, Bender's evil, basically).
    I don't remember at this point. It might be in the QT.

You did well with your talk after death power. I had to ignore you at a certain point because you were successfully damaging my credibility.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Oh, well in that case...

I was dropping hints like they were elephants in the thread for you to unvote and then vote with me. So now I don't even feel bad.

Lol

Go re-read that day. I couldn't have been more obvious, actually.

Hugs anyway. I wanted this game to be over and for you to achieve your win conditions, but I spoke directly to you all day and told you he was scum and to get off of him, openly, in public.

If you can't hear me after I do that, I'm afraid MomCorp finds you to be faulty and recalls you to be scrapped, y'know?

I hope we killed enough humans for you to do well regardless.
    I saw all your elephants around all the thread, but I lacked certainty you were 100% scum! That in particular, phew... I really was afraid to blow my fabricated townie mascarade, how to go back after revealing a fabricated result... interesting thing my scan didn't went through your cover...

I want to know what was up with Stork's role.

Also, gg stork and good try.
    Damn it, Mom! No one kills my crew except for me! You're going down.

Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Player: Stork

Role: Professor Farnsworth (https://theinfosphere.org/Farnsworth)

Faction: FARNSWORTH (THIRD-PARTY)

Team Victory Conditions:

Farnsworth's victory is graded (at the host's discretion) on his ability to achieve the goals below, listed in no particular order.

- Survival. You, Farnsworth, survive the game.

- Arch-nemesis. Outlive Dr. Wernstrom. (Bonus points for being directly involved in Wernstrom's death.)

- Kill the competition. Mom's Friendly Delivery Company is a threat to Planet Express business. Outlive Mom. (Bonus points for outliving all of MomCorp.)

- Consolidating Power. The only valuable employees of Planet Express - Hermes the bureaucrat, Leela the spaceship captain, Amy the rich girl - survive.

- Collect stock. Every other member of Planet Express dies so you can recover their stock. Scruffy in particular has an especially large amount of stock in the company.

Abilities:

Role Peek. At night, choose up to two other players to target. If you target: a) 1 player, you learn their true character name and alignment, b) 2 players, you learn their character names (but do not see through cover roles).

Owner and CEO. At night, if you can correctly identify a member of Planet Express, recruit that player into a private QuickTopic. You must include your actual reasoning, guesses will be ignored - this is not a peek. You CAN use Role Peek simultaneously with this ability. This is NOT a conversion, their alignment will not change. They will not learn anything about your alignment.

Limited Bulletproof. If you are attacked Night 1, you will not die. You are susceptible to being killed any other night.

Anonymous tip. At any time, send an anonymous message to MomCorp. PM me the message you want to send, and I'll send it on its way asap.

-----

If you have any questions, ask me privately.

I could have designed it better, I had to rework the role at the last second (in the original, larger design the Prof was the fifth member of MomCorp). Stork also had insanely bad luck with the early lynches/kills. Visor (Hermes) had an ability that helped him find memebrs of Planet Express, and Stork found him n1, so he theoretically was primed to do well.

In retrospect the role had a lot of issues and probably shouldn't have been included. Sorry Stork.

Page 108 of 111 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111 LastLast