Page 3 of 111 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 3317

Thread: Futuramafia [Concluded]

  1. #61
    Member Member Dp101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    814

    Default Re: Futuramafia [In Play]

    Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    Dp101, any gut reads so far?
    El Barto seems a little more hostile than seems to make sense so far, but maybe I'm just not that familiar with his sense of humour. Visor seems reasonable so far, but he could just be mafia trying to make seemingly good reads early to establish town cred via trying harder than everyone else. Winston's assignment of town points seems a little early, but it might just be a different style. Basically, overall slight town read on Visor, no one else has really posted enough yet.

  2. #62
    Rock, Paper, GOAT Member Monster Champion, Spy Hunter Champion, Navy Battles Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Bunny Grab Champion, Home Run Rally Champion, Bomb Blast Champion Visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,964

    Default Re: Futuramafia [In Play]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    El Barto seems a little more hostile than seems to make sense so far, but maybe I'm just not that familiar with his sense of humour. Visor seems reasonable so far, but he could just be mafia trying to make seemingly good reads early to establish town cred via trying harder than everyone else. Winston's assignment of town points seems a little early, but it might just be a different style. Basically, overall slight town read on Visor, no one else has really posted enough yet.
    Why are my reads good?

  3. #63
    Senior Member Senior Member Othello Champion Montmorency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    7,834

    Default Re: Futuramafia [In Play]

    Visor, you reasoning on Winston being special is all very neat, but so far I only agree that you need something less-than-lethal done to you tonight. That GH vote was wrong-headed if I'll call it anything.
    Vitiate Man.

  4. #64
    Member Member Newyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    86

    Default Re: Futuramafia [In Play]

    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I'm town and I know everything.

    Vote: Newyn
    Well, you clearly don't know everything looking at that vote. Thanks for outing yourself as mafia though.

    Vote: Murska

  5. #65
    Member Member novice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    288

    Default Re: Futuramafia [In Play]

    Newyn, you say Murska outed himself, but no comment on the guy who actually claimed mafia as part of the same conversation? Do you have anything to contribute apart from a lame revenge vote?

  6. #66
    Member Member Dp101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    814

    Default Re: Futuramafia [In Play]

    Quote Originally Posted by Visor View Post
    Why are my reads good?
    Because you were the first one to explain them, which is a move that is very risky as mafia because the longer mafia can wait before everyone is making actual cases the more time they have before they need to defend themselves.

  7. #67
    kumquattor Member Riedquat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    34° 36' Sur
    Posts
    1,429

    Default Re: Futuramafia [In Play]

    Uhh... logic in a first day... things changed a bit in my absence...

    I demand to know why Newyn has only 3 posts, that is not possible I'm not that crazy!

    And again, Vote: El Barto for the exact same reasons as yesterday, no townie is around 3 am on a sunday morning or saturday night depending how you see it.


    :)
    returning to the shadows.....

  8. #68
    Member Member novice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    288

    Default Re: Futuramafia [In Play]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    Because you were the first one to explain them, which is a move that is very risky as mafia because the longer mafia can wait before everyone is making actual cases the more time they have before they need to defend themselves.
    Sounds like you're explaining why making reads is good. But why were the reads he made good reads?

  9. #69
    Senior Member Senior Member Othello Champion Montmorency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    7,834

    Default Re: Futuramafia [In Play]

    Because Mafia think they know everything, even if they don't.
    Vitiate Man.

  10. #70
    Member Member Dp101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    814

    Default Re: Futuramafia [In Play]

    Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    Sounds like you're explaining why making reads is good. But why were the reads he made good reads?
    Right, that's my point. Any reads at this point are a risk, so being willing to make them I see as a sign of town. Also, i liked how he calmly replied to questions about his opinion and was ok with admitting that on a couple of points he could be wrong, again, mafia would want to wait for a stronger case.

  11. #71
    Member Member novice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    288

    Default Re: Futuramafia [In Play]

    But you said he was making seemingly good reads.

  12. #72
    Member Member Dp101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    814

    Default Re: Futuramafia [In Play]

    Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    But you said he was making seemingly good reads.
    Yes, again, because they were confident, not because they were rock solid.

  13. #73
    Senior Member Senior Member Othello Champion Montmorency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    7,834

    Default Re: Futuramafia [In Play]

    Mafia love confident townies. Verily, it is certainty that kills.
    Vitiate Man.

  14. #74
    Member Member Pelican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    42

    Default Re: Futuramafia [In Play]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    Yes, again, because they were confident, not because they were rock solid.
    So the actual content of the reads is not as relevant than the attitude with which the reads were made/the vibe?

    Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    Newyn, you say Murska outed himself, but no comment on the guy who actually claimed mafia as part of the same conversation? Do you have anything to contribute apart from a lame revenge vote?
    In other news, a lot of people have made pretty much meaningless joke votes, why latch on to this one?

  15. #75
    Member Member Dp101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    814

    Default Re: Futuramafia [In Play]

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
    So the actual content of the reads is not as relevant than the attitude with which the reads were made/the vibe?
    At this stage, yes. Proper cases with better reasoning come later.

  16. #76
    Member Member novice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    288

    Default Re: Futuramafia [In Play]

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
    So the actual content of the reads is not as relevant than the attitude with which the reads were made/the vibe?



    In other news, a lot of people have made pretty much meaningless joke votes, why latch on to this one?
    I sort of wondered myself what made the post stick in my craw. Something about the revenge aspect and the absence of a joke, perhaps? And it just seems so incongruent to say Murska outed himself when the poster before him literally said "I am mafia".

  17. #77
    Member Member novice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    288

    Default Re: Futuramafia [In Play]

    Also the thread is filling up with stuff that's worth commenting on.

  18. #78
    Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Looking for the red blob of nothingness
    Posts
    6,344

    Default Re: Futuramafia [In Play]

    Ahem, the game does not begin until I say "Let the games begin".

    Insolent peasants.

  19. #79
    Member Member novice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    288

    Default Re: Futuramafia [In Play]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    Very odd, I actually have to doubt myself for the first time. Playing as mafia is so much simpler, you know everything already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Hughes View Post
    Stork's intro says he'll play this badman.

    Non-indicative, strictly speaking. But he gets a free town point for karma.
    What's so bad about this post, anyway, Dp and Visor? Even as he hands out the town point he retracts it by saying it's non-indicative.

  20. #80
    Member Member novice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    288

    Default Re: Futuramafia [In Play]

    The Dp quote was included by accident, I was doubting its sincerity on a reread.

  21. #81
    Member Member CrimsonFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    244

    Default Re: Futuramafia [In Play]

    Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    Also the thread is filling up with stuff that's worth commenting on.
    this comment sucks

  22. #82
    syö minun šortsit Member Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Duck Tracker Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Battening down hatches
    Posts
    2,581

    Default Re: Futuramafia [In Play]

    Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    I'm not third party, if I claim that later, lynch me with a vengeance.
    We'll hold you to that, meatbag.
    Quote Originally Posted by novice
    I laughed, and learned to multi-quote. :)
    As expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    Also the thread is filling up with stuff that's worth commenting on.
    Such as…?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    Ahem, the game does not begin until I say "Let the games begin".

    Insolent peasants.
    But you've just said ‘let the games begin’. It's right there in your post.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

  23. #83
    Member Member Dp101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    814

    Default Re: Futuramafia [In Play]

    Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    What's so bad about this post, anyway, Dp and Visor? Even as he hands out the town point he retracts it by saying it's non-indicative.
    Firstly, I'm not sure what my quote is doing in that post. Secondly, again, everything is tone reads at this point, and I much prefer people making confident reads to people assigning single maybe-town points to inconsiquential actions so they can either kynch or save them later.

  24. #84
    Member Member Dp101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    814

    Default Re: Futuramafia [In Play]

    Sorry for accidentally including the thing about my quote being included, I massively x-posted with everyone.

  25. #85
    syö minun šortsit Member Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Duck Tracker Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Battening down hatches
    Posts
    2,581

    Default Re: Futuramafia [In Play]

    Ye should apologise fer not talkin' like a pirate today.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

  26. #86
    Member Member novice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    288

    Default Re: Futuramafia [In Play]

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
    this comment sucks
    Touché. :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    everything is tone reads at this point, and I much prefer people making confident reads to people assigning single maybe-town points to inconsiquential actions so they can either kynch or save them later.
    Ah, so the problem is that it's a maybe-town point? I thought the problem was that it was too early to give out town points.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    I agree on the odd assignment of town points this early
    Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    Winston's assignment of town points seems a little early, but it might just be a different style.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    Such as…?
    You can tell me whether I'm splitting hairs or Dp101 is scumming it up.

  27. #87
    syö minun šortsit Member Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Duck Tracker Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Battening down hatches
    Posts
    2,581

    Default Re: Futuramafia [In Play]

    Why be ye sayin' tha' Dp101 be scummin' it up?
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

  28. #88
    Member Member Dp101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    814

    Default Re: Futuramafia [In Play]

    Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    Ah, so the problem is that it's a maybe-town point? I thought the problem was that it was too early to give out town points.
    My problem with it is that every town point is a maybe town point at this point, as it is too early to really give them out. Therefore, saying that someone is probably town at the point Winston did, where there is basically no evidence at that point, is a easy thing to say to give the illusion of having content while not actually saying anything. It doesn't even tie them down that much because as mentioned earlier it is day one and since nearly everything is meaningless it is easy to state that you were wrong if you painted your mafia buddy as town. Really, I think that you are much more likely mafia at this point. You keep piling on the pressure onto someone who has made small logical gaps in the hopes that people will think inconsistency = mafia, and thus secure an easy early mislynch. If you are town, I would have thought that you are experienced enough to know that everyone slips up, both mafia and town. As it is, the fact that you don't give me the benefit of the doubt makes me suspect you.

  29. #89
    Member Member novice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    288

    Default Re: Futuramafia [In Play]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    My problem with it is that every town point is a maybe town point at this point, as it is too early to really give them out. Therefore, saying that someone is probably town at the point Winston did, where there is basically no evidence at that point, is a easy thing to say to give the illusion of having content while not actually saying anything. It doesn't even tie them down that much because as mentioned earlier it is day one and since nearly everything is meaningless it is easy to state that you were wrong if you painted your mafia buddy as town. Really, I think that you are much more likely mafia at this point. You keep piling on the pressure onto someone who has made small logical gaps in the hopes that people will think inconsistency = mafia, and thus secure an easy early mislynch. If you are town, I would have thought that you are experienced enough to know that everyone slips up, both mafia and town. As it is, the fact that you don't give me the benefit of the doubt makes me suspect you.
    Ah, so you admit to slipping up? /jk

    Yes, I'm piling up the pressure. Who says I'm not giving you the benefit of the doubt, though? You'll notice I'm not voting for you.

    So giving out town points is meaningless, but showing confidence in your reads is good?

  30. #90
    Member Member novice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    288

    Default Re: Futuramafia [In Play]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    You keep piling on the pressure onto someone who has made small logical gaps in the hopes that people will think inconsistency = mafia, and thus secure an easy early mislynch. If you are town, I would have thought that you are experienced enough to know that everyone slips up, both mafia and town.
    FWIW I would agree that this is a possible way to play as mafia. I would like to think though that mafia slips up more often than town, and that the behaviour where you slightly modify your reasoning from post to post is seen more often in scum than in town.

    I'd be interested to hear what the players from other communities think though.

    RealmsBeyond, where I hail from, is rather infamous for the "inconsistency = scum" meta even though that is clearly not a golden rule.

Page 3 of 111 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO