plus that post about stork seemed fake
    Quote Originally Posted by Visor View Post
    he also seems overly interested in this game

maybe thats because he recruited a few fellows

maybe because its an org game

i don't know

all i know is its interesting

the stork free town point post, whether town or scum, i didn't like it
    Last night was just booze-fuelled nonsense.

Are you suggesting I was being serious, though?

Because it kinda looks like that's what you're saying...

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

Default Re: Futuramafia [In Play]

Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    Ah, so you admit to slipping up? /jk

Yes, I'm piling up the pressure. Who says I'm not giving you the benefit of the doubt, though? You'll notice I'm not voting for you.

So giving out town points is meaningless, but showing confidence in your reads is good?
    Ok, I apologise for the comment about you not being fair with your reads, you are right, you are at least not voting me. And yeah, I know the last part kind of is a contradiction. In my defence, my initial reads list which sparked all this was posted at midnight my time, so I wasn't really thinking clearly. Anyway, I don't think I'm going to come up with a more coherent opinion right now, I will try and solidify my thoughts on day 1 meta at a different time.

FWIW I would agree that this is a possible way to play as mafia. I would like to think though that mafia slips up more often than town, and that the behaviour where you slightly modify your reasoning from post to post is seen more often in scum than in town.

I'd be interested to hear what the players from other communities think though.

RealmsBeyond, where I hail from, is rather infamous for the "inconsistency = scum" meta even though that is clearly not a golden rule.
    I agree with the idea that changing arguments constantly from post to post helps mafia more than town, but I really dislike the RB meta that makes changing your opinion a death sentence (guess why I wanted to play on a different site for once), as I tend to modify my theories over time and that seems to make some people think I'm mafia.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

RealmsBeyond, where I hail from, is rather infamous for the "inconsistency = scum" meta even though that is clearly not a golden rule.
    If such were the case we should lynch all players simultaneously.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

i don't want him to stop making posts, its just interesting to me along with the other post
    Here's that word 'interesting' again.

With no further explanation, that's an awfully cheap way of planting a suggestion of scumminess in readers' minds.

Vote: generalhankerchief

gut feeling
    No idea what to make of this, coming so soon after the case on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Visor, you reasoning on Winston being special is all very neat, but so far I only agree that you need something less-than-lethal done to you tonight. That GH vote was wrong-headed if I'll call it anything.
    And this follow up from Monty seems pretty inexplicable too.

Maybe I'm missing some subtext here, but I don't understand the thinking behind it on any of the three points (Visor's reasoning on me; the talk of Visor being targeted tonight; the GH vote being 'wrong-headed').

Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    Thanks for explaining your reasoning. I agree on the odd assignment of town points this early, but I dislike reading enthusiasm as mafia. For all we know at this stage, he rolled cop (assuming there is a cop) or some other power role. He also might just be happy about recruitment, as you yourself admitted.
    I gave him a town point 'for karma' after explicitly saying it was non-indicative.

Did you really think there was anything meaningful in that? That I might refer back to it later in some kind of justification?

p.s. My preferred townie role (and second favourite role overall after SK) is vanilla town. Rolling cop would be more likely to kill my enthusiasm than boost it. Cops can bite my shiny metal etc.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Vote: Cuthilius

I saw him over-spicing a spicy meat-a-ball with the spice weasel. BAM!
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
    Vote Stork because there's only room for one fine feathered friend 'round these parts. Also he dropped a baby on me.

Hmmm.... associates with known Italians, too....
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Today I learned not to try and bring logic into mafia games.
    Logic and chaos are both fine choices, whichever floats your boat.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

What does badman mean?
    rascal, ne'er-do-well, scoundrel, scallywag

I was referring both to the use of street parlance in his greeting, and the use of profanity in his declaration of alignment.

Yes, again, because they were confident, not because they were rock solid.
    Visor's reads are always confident when he's got little or nothing to go on.

He doesn't always like to explain them, though.

The fact he did so here is not a great look on him, even if (as I suspect) he knew how exactly how bad the explanation was.

And the fact you seem to have at least partially bought that explanation isn't a great look for you, while we're at it.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Hughes View Post
    p.s. My preferred townie role (and second favourite role overall after SK) is vanilla town. Rolling cop would be more likely to kill my enthusiasm than boost it. Cops can bite my shiny metal etc.
    You claimin' to be da real stuff? Ain't got nothin' on this metal keyster, grandpa!
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

Winston, I disliked Visor's turn to GH because GH's post is typical for him, c.f. that game where he was posting like that so I took the pressure off mellow Barto and pushed GH's lynch on LYLO when in fact Barto was scum all along. It was this year's Kingslayer game. Barto night-killed you, didn't he?
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

How long has Visor been gone (from the Gameroom)?
    Vitiate Man.

How long has Visor been gone (from the Gameroom)?
    Thou shalt not metagame in vain.

Metagame metagame everywhere.
    Vitiate Man.

Winston, I disliked Visor's turn to GH because GH's post is typical for him, c.f. that game where he was posting like that so I took the pressure off mellow Barto and pushed GH's lynch on LYLO when in fact Barto was scum all along. It was this year's Kingslayer game. Barto night-killed you, didn't he?
    No, don't believe I was in that one.

It does make a little more sense of one part of your post.

Still not clear on the other two, though.

Vote: Cuthillion

Can't argue with pizzaguy.

Metagame metagame everywhere.
    yet not a nibbler to poop

So when do you guys normally start playing? If this is your day one, why not start with a night zero?

Does Visor enjoy playing scum?

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    you just use [b]

I meant you need to include bold AND "Vote: " rather than just bolding a name
    @ everyone

Please use the colon. It makes it 10x easier to tally votes when I can just ctrl+f "Vote:".

Official Tally

3 Stork (Choxorn, Pelican, CrimsonFox)

2 Cuthillius (Askthepizzaguy, Murska)

1 Dp101 (Montmorency)
    1 El Barto (Riedquat)
    1 GeneralHankerchief (Visor)
    1 Montmorency (Dp101)
    1 Murska (Newyn)
    1 novice (El Barto)
    1 Riedquat (novice)
    1 spaceman98 (Cuthillius)

---

4 Not Voting: GeneralHankerchief, johnhughthom, Stork, Winston Hughes

5 Not Posting: Al Sipsclar, atheotes, BSmith, seireikhaan, spaceman98

---

Voting ends in:

I sort of wondered myself what made the post stick in my craw. Something about the revenge aspect and the absence of a joke, perhaps? And it just seems so incongruent to say Murska outed himself when the poster before him literally said "I am mafia".
    The previous poster also didn't mention my name and is not called Murska so I can honestly say that I didn't even read that post :D

My problem with it is that every town point is a maybe town point at this point, as it is too early to really give them out.
    It's never too early to give town points. Especially for karma.

Therefore, saying that someone is probably town at the point Winston did, where there is basically no evidence at that point, is a easy thing to say to give the illusion of having content while not actually saying anything.
    This might be a decent point if I hadn't been spamming up the thread with all manner of nonsense.

A better line would be that I was posting shite just to look active.

The truth is that I was just enjoying myself and hopefully giving people stuff to talk about.

Really, I think that you are much more likely mafia at this point. You keep piling on the pressure onto someone who has made small logical gaps in the hopes that people will think inconsistency = mafia, and thus secure an easy early mislynch. If you are town, I would have thought that you are experienced enough to know that everyone slips up, both mafia and town. As it is, the fact that you don't give me the benefit of the doubt makes me suspect you.
    Am I going to regret telling you my whole townie playbook in our pre-hydra discussions?

Confidence says you're thinking like a townie. Paranoia says I told you exactly how to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    Ahem, the game does not begin until I say "Let the games begin".

Insolent peasants.
    vote: johnhughthom

We both know it's going be D1 or lylo.

You feel like taking it all the way?

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Hughes View Post
    Am I going to regret telling you my whole townie playbook in our pre-hydra discussions?

Confidence says you're thinking like a townie. Paranoia says I told you exactly how to do that.
    Yeah, I was a little worried that I would end up reflexively viewing you as town because of the hydra game and Novice as town because of the shared original community. Right now it seems like I was overcompensating for any bias I might have had and was viewing the both of you as more scummy than you are. Now however I have gained the clarity to realise that Novice is probably just either trying really really hard to find some kind of mafia or he thinks I'm mafia because that is all he has seen me play. As for you telling me too much, don't worry, you left yourself an out with the "will occasionally get drunk and post whatever" clause.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Okay back from a rough workday and actually ready to contribute (at least until the Eagles game starts).

Why is Stork carrying three votes?
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Okay, CrimsonFox has been around a lot since he's made the Stork vote, including indicating particular posts he wasn't a fan of. Since we've already established that Fox won't hesitate to drop a vote on someone, why's the vote still on your original target?
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Vote: CrimsonFox

as much as I don't like voting people new to the site, i like the vote

probably wrong on gh, jury is out on winston

dp is okay

the guy who said stuff about when do we start playing is probably a villager but his tone is meh

monty is meh

stork is meh but probably a villager

also john n0 villager

Page 4 of 111 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast