Page 61 of 111 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 3317

Thread: Futuramafia [Concluded]

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Default Re: Futuramafia [In Play]

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthillius View Post
    who are you to tell a spambot what to do
    Nobody tells robots what to do!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Doesn't matter. We can analyse the wagon as if it we're town.
    Freudian slip detected!
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Freudian slip detected!
    You amused me, strong-ass. Good work.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    Read mine, metal-ass. I was talking about day two, as described in post 1454. Winston voted Crimson for being confusing about his vig claim. You then said it was "not a bad vote", which is high praise of a meatbag, coming from you.
    Then next time provide actual reference, rookie-boy. With insufficient and inaccurate information, the odds of achieving the proper result diminish dramatically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    You amused me, strong-ass. Good work.
    I suspect it would have amused you even more if I had detected a Freudian boxer.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

Technically it's an autocorrect slip, but if you want more evidence I'm Town, feel free to assume it was a Freudian one.

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Technically it's an autocorrect slip, but if you want more evidence I'm Town, feel free to assume it was a Freudian one.
    how did the assassination go

@Dp101: you have an hour and a half to go.

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

Well aware.

Five minutes according to the timer, Dp101!

The below was written just after the start of the night, my feelings may have changed only partially since then, these are just my overall assumptions for the game, and my main point still probably stands. I know this isn't the super 1337 :59 post, but whatever.

Ok, so right now I'm faced with a problem. Stork's wagon wasn't really close at all, he had half the town pushing him. However, looking at the remaining town, our lack of found mafia, the likelihood that >50% of the mafia are lurking, and the how to powerwolf article I just read, I would have to be an idiot at this point not to assume that I have been pocketed by at least one mafia, and there is decent chance that a decent portion of the active town are all mafia. Since I don't want to get swept, at this stage I need to evaluate candidates that have both read me as town and have a decent chance of being mafia. So, in no particular order:

Pelican

Early on I liked his play, while his posts were infrequent they seemed to be of reasonably high quality. However, lately, I have been desiring more out of him. While he did pronounce me town ages ago, he was most certainly not the first to do so, so its a pretty easy pocket that wasn't that risky given that he had at least a couple of people backing up that read. Overall, this might change if he posts more, because I don't really understand his current reads. Currently back to null because his early reads are no longer up to the required standard that should be expected at this stage.

Cuthillius

IIRC Cuth was the first one to pronounce me town forever and ever. He also kept it up even when I was disagreeing with him, which IMO shows that he wasn't just doing it solely to stop me from voting him, as I think mafia would have given up. However, as mentioned, I can't trust anyone right now, even if their reads are very similar to mine and I have been agreeing on most every point. Probably not going to lynch right now, as I think I must have been working with at least a couple of townies, and cuth is one of the most likely for that position.

ATPG

Worst case scenario. Judging by how other people have reacted to his reads, I get the feeling that if he was wolfing, I would have no way to tell. Basically I think I have to not lynch right now because if he is mafia then I doubt I will be able to get enough people together to kill him, and TBH we probably will have already lost.

Most of the rest of the wagon is either mostly inactive or has never really read me as town, so my opinion of them doesn't change after the lynch because I was more likely to kill them than the above already, which if my tinfoil theory of everyone I have been working with is mafia is right, means that they are probably town

Well, I thought this would take longer and I would write more. Basically, my main lynch target is still Winston because I disliked him on the wagon, but I might watch those mentioned above a little more. I still have my eye on Monty, but that theory doesn't really make sense with the flips so far. Really I'm just trying to reassess my reads and stop just following along with other people.

Night is over. DO NOT POST.

Zack: "What's the word, officers?"

Smitty: "There's a new body, sir."

Zack: "A new one?"

URL: "Awwww yeah."

-------

"I'm sure those windmills will keep them cool." - Newyn

Linda van Schoonhoven

Player: Newyn

Role: Linda (https://theinfosphere.org/Linda)

Faction: TOWN

-------

It is now Day Four.

Voting ends in:

Alive: 14

Al Sipsclar
    Askthepizzaguy
    atheotes
    Choxorn
    Cuthillius
    Dp101
    GeneralHankerchief
    johnhughthom
    Montmorency
    Murska
    novice
    Pelican
    Riedquat
    Winston Hughes

---

Lynched: 3

d1 - spaceman98 - Leela
    d2 - BSmith - Amy (can talk)
    d3 - Stork - Professor Farnsworth

---

Killed: 5

n1 - El Barto - Flexo (can talk)
    n2 - Visor - Hermes
    n2 - seireikhaan - Larry
    d3 - CrimsonFox - Zapp Brannigan
    n3 - Newyn - Linda

You can post.

Worst case scenario. Judging by how other people have reacted to his reads, I get the feeling that if he was wolfing, I would have no way to tell. Basically I think I have to not lynch right now because if he is mafia then I doubt I will be able to get enough people together to kill him, and TBH we probably will have already lost.
    ???

You mean, we can't just Vote: Pizza?

So, Newyn died. Good hit for Pizza without killing a high-profile detractor such as myself, and I still remember Winston and Pelican. Perhaps the latter as scum toned down his activity once his partner Khaan bit it. At any rate, he seems to be riding coattails at this point. Doesn't mean I won't take his vote on Pizza, of course.

If there are any more roles out there, do not claim. This game has been a role massacre.
    Vitiate Man.

Claim, Mr. Pizza, instead of threatening to. If the town has a protector, he can be dispatched to save your sorry organic ass.

(we can always lynch that filthy Bender, an inferior, goatee-less, wife-stealing unit)

With 4 town roles dead, I'm pretty sure Bender is the closest thing to protector we can hope for.
    Vitiate Man.

Yeah, well, but my shiny metal ass is playing in character.

Isn't Flexo supposed to be a nice guy?
    Vitiate Man.

???

You mean, we can't just Vote: Pizza?

So, Newyn died. Good hit for Pizza without killing a high-profile detractor such as myself, and I still remember Winston and Pelican. Perhaps the latter as scum toned down his activity once his partner Khaan bit it. At any rate, he seems to be riding coattails at this point. Doesn't mean I won't take his vote on Pizza, of course.

If there are any more roles out there, do not claim. This game has been a role massacre.
    Oh, I understand, we can just vote pizza, but I'm really worried that if I do so I'm just going to wind up sabotaging town via my paranoia if I am wrong.

Isn't Flexo supposed to be a nice guy?
    No he isn't!

I'm joking. I am a nice guy, it's just that Bender who tried to kill me a couple times and framed me for some jewel-theft and let me be killed on Night One!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    Oh, I understand, we can just vote pizza, but I'm really worried that if I do so I'm just going to wind up sabotaging town via my paranoia if I am wrong.
    You can always undo the waggon. If everyone votes pizza then you have some mafia meatbags in there. Unvote atpg and analyse how the others interact.

But now that won't work because you just told me to do it. Essentially the main problem with trying to learn the game as you play.

With 4 town roles dead, I'm pretty sure Bender is the closest thing to protector we can hope for.
    I wish to have your confidence in my own abilities! But at least my doctoroing is functional, got informed at the beginning of the night but for the time being I'm stuck with the same target.
    returning to the shadows.....

vote:pizza

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Underexplained reads:

GH

Riedquat: No way he's not town.
    Dp101: Really strong past night phase. Don't see him following these thought patterns if not mafia.
    Monty: Looks like typical town Monty.

ATPG: I think the flavor of pizza we're getting this game is "town but off base".
    Murska: Looked decent enough EoD yesterday.
    Choxorn: He *looks* town, but there needs to be more.

Pelican: Coasting. Dropping.

The "I got nothing" group:
    Al Sips
    atheotes
    jht

Cuthilius: Need to concentrate on him today.

Residual suspects from earlier:
    novice
    Winston
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

edit to above re: DP101: should read "don't see him following these patterns if not mafia"
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Underexplained reads:

GH

Dp101: Really strong past night phase. Don't see him following these thought patterns if not mafia.
    Monty: Looks like typical town Monty.

ATPG: I think the flavor of pizza we're getting this game is "town but off base".
    Murska: Looked decent enough EoD yesterday.
    Choxorn: He *looks* town, but there needs to be more.

Pelican: Coasting. Dropping.

The "I got nothing" group:
    Al Sips
    atheotes
    jht

Cuthilius: Need to concentrate on him today.

Residual suspects from earlier:
    novice
    Winston
    explain how choxorn looks town

explain why you get that vibe from pizza

because your comment about pizza looks really bad to me

Specifically, he claims Neutral Survivor.
    Vitiate Man.

to be specific it looks like a comment one scum buddy makes about another

reading them town despite their "off-base" vibe

such a wonderful excuse

Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    But now that won't work because you just told me to do it. Essentially the main problem with trying to learn the game as you play.
    Can't be helped, you're not a robot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riedquat View Post
    I wish to have your confidence in my own abilities! But at least my doctoroing is functional, got informed at the beginning of the night but for the time being I'm stuck with the same target.
    See, Monty? He helps others but not me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthillius View Post
    explain how choxorn looks town

explain why you get that vibe from pizza

because your comment about pizza looks really bad to me
    Choxorn looks town to me because he looks town to me.

I get that vibe from pizza because I don't think he acts like this when he's scummy but I think his reads are off base.

Hope this helps

Page 61 of 111 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast