Thread: Craig

Default Craig

Well, the general consensus is that we need to generate discussion and bring CA back, so let's do both. Craig, the head of the PR team, left (or actually is leaving) the Creative Assembly.

Kerian, Trish, Will, CA's PR team is in decline (in numbers) since Rome II. Well it's known that I am no fan of the company, but I always liked Craig the most, as I found him more serious and straightforward.

All the best, old bean.

Default Re: Craig

Meh good riddance.
    Hopefully they'll hire some people who know how to play their game instead.
    maybe those guys should be doing something more useful...

Over at the TWC, I posted this (below)... On basically the same topic...

Quote Originally Posted by Axalon
    I mean no offence...

But who cares about Craig? CA makes games, rather poorly crafted ones at that (typically).
    CA and its employees are not our family or something, we have zero relation to these guys.
    Craig's job was to smile and be nice and sell us whatever marketing & PR-crap his bosses
    ordered him too. Period.

So why even bother discussing this? I don't really see the point with it, if there is, by all
    means enlighten me?
    I got this reply...

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTW
    I genuinely don't take any offence to the above.

The job is so much more than that, as any Community Manager will tell you. Most of it isn't visible marketing or appearing in front of a camera. Most of it you never see, except through the results. And most of it comes from the CMs, not the "bosses".

I can't tell you how many features or functions are now in the game because of passing along your feedback. Or how many moves we've made back towards modding.

But I wish you well. I've spent many hours here in the past and I hope you all enjoy what's coming next.

Thanks for the send-off.

Craig
    I replied...

Quote Originally Posted by Axalon
    This was unexpected... I think I at least owe CraigTW here a reply, so...

Let me first point out that I have nothing against Craig personally. I have no relation to him - at all. I have just seen some him in a some Youtube clips - that's it. My comment was not intended to be personal, but general - and Craig here certainly seemed to have gathered as much. So, all is well folks... That said...

"The job is so much more than that, as any Community Manager will tell you. Most of it isn't visible marketing or appearing in front of a camera. Most of it you never see, except through the results. And most of it comes from the CMs, not the "bosses". Originally Posted by CraigTW.

If you say so... I can hardly say that I am entirely convinced here - but never mind. Its not the point of this thread anyhow.

"I can't tell you how many features or functions are now in the game because of passing along your feedback. Or how many moves we've made back towards modding." Originally Posted by CraigTW

I would totally love to discuss such stuff further with you (officially or unofficially, it would not make much difference to me) but I realize that such a discussion will never happen, so I won't even try to initiate one (all the same, it would have been nice to have had one thou).

I will however offer Craig here a friendly good luck with whatever adventure that comes next
    for him. This in the greatest tradition of "as one complete stranger to another"-kind of thing...
    (The coloring is added, for clarity) Then the thread was soon closed... Due for being off topic (ToS regulations)... Just a small anecdote on all this... Well, I think it is safe to say that Craig don't bother much with the Org after all (considering hooms post here)...

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; 10-01-2016 at 21:19.

No loss, in my opinion.

Why do I get the feeling that 'ol Craig isn't popular in these parts? :D

- A

Because as an old timer from Shogun1 days I felt no engagement with his work, multi-face palmed at his attempts to play the games.
    Honestly I preferred him like *1000000 over whatsername though.

Maybe if they came over here & made some interesting posts like the old CA guys used to...
    maybe those guys should be doing something more useful...