Thread: Bug while turn - Saka Rauka taking last settlement of Sauromatae

Default Bug while turn - Saka Rauka taking last settlement of Sauromatae

Hello,

I hope nobody has mentioned my bug, so that this thread isn't needless.

First of all, a great game. I like it.

At the time I playing the Aedui, now at the turn in the year 242 BC I got a problem, so I couldn't play on.

At this turn, the Saka Rauka are going to take the last settlement of the Sauromatae and at this moment the game stopped and didn't go on.

I don't know what I can do, so maybe someone of you can help me.

Thank you for the support in advance. I have attached the file, so maybe somebody can find the mistake.

Best regards,

IB

Autosave.sav

Lifelong Mare's Milk Fermenter Member Genghis Skhan's Avatar

Default Re: Bug while turn - Saka Rauka taking last settlement of Sauromatae

Looks like your hopes of someone not mentioning your bug have been crushed .

Thankfully for you though, this is something we've heard before. This is the "fake horde bug", so to speak. It's not an actual bug, it's merely that sometimes when factions horde it can take anywhere up to ~30 mins for a faction to finish hording. Try leaving your computer on that turn for at least 1-2 hours(it will probably take much less time), and if the Sauromatae haven't horded by then, it's a problem.

The only real solution here is to be patient, as hording can take a pretty long while at times(other instances of it happen in ~2-5 minutes for me, if you're lucky...But sometimes it's longer). I hope this helps!
    Last edited by Genghis Skhan; 10-12-2016 at 16:01.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Thank you very much of your reply. I will try it and then report, if it worked.

IB

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

For future reference on bug reporting, for many of the team saved games are useless, you can only run them if your setup is identical to the person posting the save. If you've installed any submods or changed any files, we won't be able to load them up.

Error logs are the most useful feedback to provide, but the game only saves the one from the very last session you played, so it must be from immediately after your crash.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

@Genghis Shkan: So because of work I couldn't try til now, so I tried last week and it failed.

I tried it the whole night, and the process didn't go on.

@ QuiotusSertorius: Where can I find the error log to get help?

IB

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorBarbarorum View Post
    @ QuiotusSertorius: Where can I find the error log to get help?

IB
    It should be in the ebii\logs\ folder. It will only store a log for the last time the game ran, so if you've played again since a crash, all that data will be gone.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

I notice the file you posted is called "autosave". Do you have autosave turned on? EB2 turns off autosave by default, as it eventually begins to corrupt the save files. If you have been using autosave and restarting games from an autosave, there could be all sorts of problems that are combining to cause this crash. To reiterate, autosave should be turned off (in the EBII.cfg file: "autosave = 0") and you should restart from a save game that was not itself based on an autosave.
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    I notice the file you posted is called "autosave". Do you have autosave turned on? EB2 turns off autosave by default, as it eventually begins to corrupt the save files. If you have been using autosave and restarting games from an autosave, there could be all sorts of problems that are combining to cause this crash. To reiterate, autosave should be turned off (in the EBII.cfg file: "autosave = 0") and you should restart from a save game that was not itself based on an autosave.
    How could I turn the autosave out? And why should I do this? If a CTD will happen, I don't have any security.

Thanks for reply.

IB

Edit: I got it, in fact autosave was on 1 instead of 0
    Last edited by ImperatorBarbarorum; 11-27-2016 at 00:27.