Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

Default Re: Tokens of My Confection [In Play]

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthillius View Post
    aorn bsmith and gh are both going to die
    Nah, tie = rand.

Default Final Day 5 Tally

Final Vote Tally as of post 933:

Lynch votes
    3 votes: GeneralHankerchief (NotACop, BSmith, novice)
    3 votes: bsmith (Cuthillius, Al Sipsclar, Dp101)
    1 votes: Novice (Newyn)

Voting history:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    Cuthillius
    GeneralHankerchief
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Sipsclar View Post
    NotACop
    Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    Cuthilius
    Quote Originally Posted by NotACop View Post
    Cuthillius
    Quote Originally Posted by NotACop View Post
    GeneralHankerchief
    Quote Originally Posted by BSmith View Post
    GeneralHankerchief
    GeneralHankerchief
    GeneralHankerchief
    Newyn
    Quote Originally Posted by Newyn View Post
    Novice
    GeneralHankerchief
    BSmith
    GeneralHankerchief
    BSmith
    Cuthillius
    Cuthillius
    bsmith
    BSmith
    BSmith

DAY 5 HAS ENDED. NO MORE POSTING!

Default End of Day 5 (BSmith was lynched, Cuthillius has valiantly died)

You soak yourself in cyanide for hours in an attempt to poison BSmith, but unfortunately your efforts are in vain. Instead of the human you expect to eat you up and die, convulsing as his lips frothed in almond agony, you realize... BSmith had been beside you in your shelf of the bakery the whole time...

You take the brunt of all the poison, and crumble away because of your attempt to protect your fellow baked goods.

@Cuthillius was:

Hi Cuthillius,
    Cinnamon Bun

You are a cinnamon bun (aka desperado).

Win Conditions:

• You win if all threats to town are eliminated, and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Abilities:

• You have a flair for the dramatic. Your sugary rolls smothered with cinnamon and icing are probably overkill. Every day, you have the option to submit a target for a kill. You may do this at any point during the day phase. If you target scum (any role that is not town), your target will die. However, if you target town, you will die in a valiant show of heroism. R I P u

It was a real tossup, you thought. Either you or him. One of you had to be going down. You were certain that your innocence and the scent of your baked good soul would shine through to the rest of your peers, but who really knew?

You closed your eyes and allowed the will of the baker to fall upon you.

There were 2 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

1. BSmith
    2. GeneralHankerchief

Timestamp: 2016-11-18 03:18:05 UTC

@BSmith was:

Hi BSmith,

Banana Bread

You are a slice of Banana Bread (aka Vanilla Town).

Win Conditions:

• You win if all threats to town are eliminated, and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Abilities:
    • You're the best thing since sliced bread. Lol jk. You have no abilities. Your minimal strength comes from your vote. Hopefully the bacteria you've picked up from rolling around on the ground have mutated far enough to give you intellect.

You were right all this time. You knew it! You wanted so badly to kill these pesky humans with some mold of your own, but alas, you had no such ability. But your baked good heart was in the right place. Too bad it got eaten.

@Newyn was:

Hi Newyn,

Raisin Bread

You are a slice of Raisin Bread (aka Vanilla Town).

Win Conditions:

Abilities:

• You're the best thing since sliced bread. Lol jk. You have no abilities. Your minimal strength comes from your vote. Hopefully the bacteria you've picked up from rolling around on the ground have mutated far enough to give you intellect.

You heard the cry of your fellow baked goods with a surprising amount of fear and sadness. What was going to happen next? Though you had been vigilante for many days, and perhaps had suspected that there would be humans who would try to eat your companions, you had no clue that you would be next!

@NotACop was:

Hi NAC,

Rye Bread

You are a slice of Rye Bread (aka Vanilla Town).

Win Conditions:

Abilities:

Perhaps you were too young and naive for this world. You thought humans were the most beautiful creatures ever and never suspected that they could do any harm. That is, until, of course, one you trusted so very much popped you into his mouth and went, CHOMP!

@Dp101 was:

Hi dp101,

Sourdough Bread

You are a slice of Sourdough Bread (aka Vanilla Town).

Win Conditions:

Abilities:

You lot were happy, you greedy freaks! Humans were going to take over the world, one step at a time, of course. What better place to start than with baked goods?

THE MAFIA HAVE REACHED PARITY, AND THUS ACHIEVE VICTORY.

@General Handkerchief was:

Hi GH,

Child

You are a child (aka Mafia Goon).

Win Conditions:

• You win if you eliminate all threats, and achieve parity (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Abilities:

• You’re a bit more grown-up than the infant, but you’re kind of still a spoiled brat. You probably need a stepstool to reach the baked goods you desire. You have no abilities besides your vote, and a basic child’s intelligence. You may eat baked goods (be assigned the factional NK).

@novice was:

Hi novice,

Teenager

You are a teenager (aka Mafia Goon).

Win Conditions:

• You win if you eliminate all threats, and achieve parity (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Abilities:
    • Oh, so you think you’re really cool now, huh? Though you’re still living off of your parents, you parasite, you still want to have your cake and eat it too. You have no abilities besides your vote, and a basic teenager’s intelligence. You may eat baked goods (be assigned the factional NK).

@Al Sipsclar was:

Hi Al Sips,

Parent

You are a parent (aka Mafia Roleblocker).

Win Conditions:

Abilities:

• You certainly have the finances to pay for eating baked goods. Though you’re supposed to be a functioning adult, why are you still returning to this bakery every day and night? You practically live there; you shameless person. Every night, you may target one inhabitant of the bakery to stop all night actions they will otherwise take. You may eat baked goods (be assigned the factional NK).

Thanks for playing, everyone!

Mafia QT

Neighborizer QT

Dead Thread v. 1
    Dead Thread v. 2

Last edited by Synecdoche; 11-18-2016 at 05:17.

Default Re: End of Day 5 (GeneralHandkerchief was lynched, Cuthillius has valiantly died)

GG all, goddammit Novice how did you seem so towny. Thank you for hosting!

Default Re: End of Day 5 (GeneralHandkerchief was lynched, Cuthillius has valiantly died)

uhhhhhhhhh

i'm almost certain gh was lynched there

oh wait

i screwed up the mechanics

ugh

welp

sorry about that guys

it would have worked fine if i had shot the maf and we had lynched the town

I effin called novice, and I had my suspicions about Newyn. It's all in the dead thread.

Good game. Don't feel bad, DP - I do the same thing sometimes.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Al Sipsclar, that is.
    Vitiate Man.

<Insert Joke Here> Member Choxorn's Avatar

lolcuth

Well, I was right about 1 out of 3 on day 1, that's something, I guess?

Default Re: End of Day 5 (BSmith was lynched, Cuthillius has valiantly died)

GG all, goddammit Novice how did you seem so towny. Thank you for hosting!
    You're welcome.
    Last edited by Synecdoche; 11-18-2016 at 05:17.

Damn that's a lot of scums.
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

So yeah, I think I basically lost the game for us. If I hadn't jumped on what NAC said, the scum lynch would have gone on as planned and we would have lived another day. As it is, my panic led to catastrophe. Of course, even if I had lived, I still would have been pretty hard to convince to lynch Novice, especially after how I lynched him last game, so maybe I wouldn't have been able to find scum in the end after all.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Holy crap I wasn't expecting things to resolve that quickly.

Going to bed, will read the private stuff and comment in the morning.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by BSmith View Post
    Damn that's a lot of scums.
    Other sites seem to skew upwards with Mafia count. ORG tradition - I've seen old games, large games of 40 or 50, with 3 or even 2 vanilla scum. And they can pull it off!

Here I would definitely expect/hope for 4 mafia in a smaller game to be counterbalanced by more town roles, such as in Futurmafia.
    Vitiate Man.

Of course, even if I had lived, I still would have been pretty hard to convince to lynch Novice, especially after how I lynched him last game, so maybe I wouldn't have been able to find scum in the end after all.
    I believe you would have been convinced that no scum team would leave novice alive for LYLO. Maybe not the next round - BSmith would die, having been cleared by Cuth - but final 3 could never have town novice.
    Vitiate Man.

Mod Spreadsheet (view-only)

Night actions and everything else are included.

If you have any questions about the setup or the balance, feel free to discuss.

In an 18 player game, 4 is standard. A 17-er would have also had 4 mafia.

There were 4 vanilla mafia and a RB, while the town had a great variety of roles that could have been a) clearing b) effective c) killed mafia quickly, and the SK really should have challenged the mafia along with the town.

I thought that the game was balanced, but due to the poor play of villagers, none of the roles were used well.

The 1-shot JOAT never used his ability. The desperado didn't shoot until it was pretty late. The neighborizer did choose the right villager n1, but took the advice of that villager and let in Mafia n2.

The mafia also never blocked correctly until n3, when they blocked Riedquat after trying to kill him the night before. It was a good thing, otherwise he would have shot Pizza. Before then, they blocked and killed all vanillagers.

The SK played quite well. He found the 1-shot JOAT early on and submitted correctly on Mafia to attempt to stop them from trampling town. However, he got shot and because he didn't die, Mafia thought he was SK.
    Last edited by Synecdoche; 11-18-2016 at 05:28.

a very deserved loss

nac played well though

Anyway, good news is I can finally chart my overall strategy in mafia games
    1. Get out of RVS as quickly as possible, and make it clear that I am doing this and thus acquire town points
    2. Keep trying to get people to make real cases, eventually making a mistake and retracting it to reach 100% town status
    3. Get pocketed by the strongest alive wolf
    4. Get frustrated due to rolling vanilla again
    5. Lose game due to caring about roles and paranoia

Pretty sure the first 2 steps are decent, but from there I think my gameplan could use some improvement.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Anyway, good news is I can finally chart my overall strategy in mafia games
    1. Get out of RVS as quickly as possible, and make it clear that I am doing this and thus acquire town points
    2. Keep trying to get people to make real cases, eventually making a mistake and retracting it to reach 100% town status
    3. Get pocketed by the strongest alive wolf
    4. Get frustrated due to rolling vanilla again
    5. Lose game due to caring about roles and paranoia

Pretty sure the first 2 steps are decent, but from there I think my gameplan could use some improvement.
    Dp, I know this probably isn't what you want to hear, but you'll get better - a lot better - with time. These losses are embarrassing, yeah, and they hurt, but you learn from them and absorb the lessons into your overall gameplay. Hell, I've been around since 2006 and am still a dumpster fire at this game.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Oh, and one more thing (there will probably be another thing, but it's the thought that counts). Al, I feel you did an incredible job of faking a town being convinced, in hindsight the vote switch itself was scummy since it didn't seem like you should have swung around that fast, but everything else about it was perfect.

Oh, and one more thing (there will probably be another thing, but it's the thought that counts). Al, I feel you did an incredible job of faking a town being convinced, in hindsight the vote switch itself was scummy since it didn't seem like you should have swung around that fast, but everything else about it was perfect.
    Yep, shades of Kingmaker. Needs refining, but get wary if he ever comes legit out of nowhere.
    Vitiate Man.

Well that was a lucky resolution for us. :) This game's outcome was still uncertain.

Thanks again for hosting, Synecdoche, you did a great job.

GG all. I enjoyed playing with you all, and I don't think anybody made a fool of themself.

Well that was a lucky resolution for us. :) This game's outcome was still uncertain.

Thanks again for hosting, Synecdoche, you did a great job.

GG all. I enjoyed playing with you all, and I don't think anybody made a fool of themself.
    GJ being hard for me to read again, this game + 43 has cemented in my head that the more town you look to me the more scummy you actually are.

That was exciting. Thank you for hosting, and thanks to all who came to play. Hope you come back again.

Thanks, I'd do this as a town as well, most likely, only because I usually come across scummy, but I want to be accepted as town, so I'll jump at every opportunity to cooperate. If I'm actually online, that is.

Wanted to post this parody of Billy Joel, but couldn't find the video:

(one, two, one, two, three, four!)
    Some bread, you can get bargain-priced
    And every loaf you buy begins with a singular slice
    But you know it will go stale again
    Always does, it's just a question of when

I've lived long enough to have learned
    The longer it stays in the toaster, the more it gets burned
    But that can't happen to us
    Because it's always been a matter of crust

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

I tried to rand town this game and I failed. My bad town. Though, to be fair, I'd probably have helped you lose even more efficiently if I were town...

(hug)

GG was a pleasure to put on a decent performance for you. Thanks to my scum buddies for taking it home!
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Default Re: Tokens of My Confection: Mafia Win

If the SK gets even 1 correct kill against the mafia, we probably lose the game. It typically takes one of us going ham and then self-destructing to cause enough mischief in the opening to win, then that guy is obvious. Then lose another person... and the remaining 2 should be easy enough to find.

But we did a good job of preventing several correct w/w reads. People thought GH couldn't be scum with me or al, for example, not everyone, but enough.

If Cuth gets lynched there and kills a correct suspect town lives and maybe solves it. I wanted to kill NAC for a long while, but I always had someone more important to go after, namely the SK and the Neighborizer. I knew you guys would never lynch that person if pressed.

You say you suspected her/him, but as soon as two others admitted to being neighborized by her, that would have been the end of that.

Suspecting Cuth doesn't end the game, so his role was powerful. So was the neighborizer. And Khaan getting sniped very early was a big help to us that doesn't happen often.

If say dp101 happened to be one of town's power roles, we would have been in deep crap by the end of the game. No question about it.

Getting things so close to lynch or lose so early was super important for our team's success. Elimination of the town powers and especially the SK was crucial in the extreme.

Also, Riedquat, if a kill is missing, and I claim SK to drive the lynch, I already know who you are and you're no threat to me. Rare situation to be sure, but a townie isn't claiming SK very often.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334 LastLast