Thread: "Visual Evidence for Roman Infantry Tactics"...

Default "Visual Evidence for Roman Infantry Tactics"...

is a paper uploaded by Michael Taylor here: https://www.academia.edu/3394799/Vis...fantry_Tactics. I haven't read it myself yet in detail, but as it deals with unit formation (and his sources indicate he's talking about EB timeline, too), I thought perhaps it might be even useful for modelling units, unit cohesions or animations. But some people might be interested in that topic anyway...
    "Nous laisserons ce monde-ci aussi sot et aussi méchant que nous l'avons trouvé en y arrivant."

Members thankful for this post (5):

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Default Re: "Visual Evidence for Roman Infantry Tactics"...

much obliged: will definitely take this into account. It would certainly help solve a problem that's been puzzling me for some time:

When I first started working for EB II doing the stats, I gave the Romans a more open order--6ft across. This led to disputes about unit spacing; the current one the result. Yet it would have made the Romans no different to other factions, yet we see source after source state they fought more open-ordered than most of their enemies.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg