Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.2j released!

Vir Militaris Member

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.2d released!

Quote Originally Posted by 血荐轩辕 View Post
    I wonder when will next big update as 2.3 be released.Last time I try to install a small update.It destroy all my game.I can no longer play it.I hope that there will be a big update soon so that I can play it again.Hope that in the next big release the AI will be much more ferocious,not so mild
    2.3 will be released when it's ready. These testing patches are a critical part of assessing readiness.

Note that none of the patches are savegame compatible, so if you update you will not be able to play your previous saved games. If you want to see updated AI, you need to be playing the patches.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Member thankful for this post:

after I install the patch.The whold game become unplayable.Crushing to desk before I can play it

Vir Militaris Member

Quote Originally Posted by 血荐轩辕 View Post
    after I install the patch.The whold game become unplayable.Crushing to desk before I can play it
    Did you install it onto a working 2.2b or anything later in the series? You can't patch 2.2 with it.

Also, what does your error log say?
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)

Member thankful for this post:

Hi guys,

excuse me but I can't understand all of it ( I don't speak good english :( ). I downloaded and I am playing now the 2.2E version, what should I do now?

sorry help me

Vir Militaris Member

Quote Originally Posted by CumPizdrul View Post
    Hi guys,

excuse me but I can't understand all of it ( I don't speak good english :( ). I downloaded and I am playing now the 2.2E version, what should I do now?

sorry help me
    If you want to update to 2.2h, then you can patch over your existing installation. But you'll have to start a new game, it won't work with existing saved games.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    If you want to update to 2.2h, then you can patch over your existing installation. But you'll have to start a new game, it won't work with existing saved games.
    ah, Quintus you are the best. Thank you. So I must overwrite the 2.2h on 2.2e , don't need to get back to 2.2b or pass through 2.2f ?

Vir Militaris Member

Quote Originally Posted by CumPizdrul View Post
    ah, Quintus you are the best. Thank you. So I must overwrite the 2.2h on 2.2e , don't need to get back to 2.2b or pass through 2.2f ?
    You don't need any other incremental updates. 2.2h installs either directly onto a clean installation of 2.2b, or over any subsequent version (2.2c-2.2g).

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    You don't need any other incremental updates. 2.2h installs either directly onto a clean installation of 2.2b, or over any subsequent version (2.2c-2.2g).
    Thank you very much indeed.

I remember during one of the prior updates, that we should play the game on hard campaign difficulty, and normal battle difficulty. Is that still the case?

Vir Militaris Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsaces View Post
    I remember during one of the prior updates, that we should play the game on hard campaign difficulty, and normal battle difficulty. Is that still the case?
    Yes.

Vir Militaris Member

Changelog for 2.2i:
    • New reform for Pergamon. Defeat of Galatians and acquisition of territory are the triggers.
    • New "Galatian Shakedown" event for the Pergamon player.
    • New government structure for Pergamon - few options outside of Anatolia before their reform.
    • Galatian independence script - it will keep adding new Rebels for a goodly while.
    • Ligurian resistance to the Roman player script.
    • Rebel "hotspots", 15 provinces with an additional response beyond the normal bandit spawns.
    • Merc hiring for KH and Arevaci - option some springs to lose recruit pools for money.
    • Closed off some of the north-south passes through the Caucasus to stop the AI walking around the Black Sea.
    • Hidden_resource ioudaioi added to Damaskos. Availability of Ioudaioi Taxeis revised; no longer available with Hellenic governments in Antiocheia/Alexandreia.
    • Included the updated export_units.txt this time, not the xml.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12