Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.2r released!

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.2d released!

Quote Originally Posted by 血荐轩辕 View Post
    I also wait the next big release to install.the small release is far too difficult to install.,it may destory the all game
    I test each and every one before releasing them; if it's not working for you, it's specific to your machine/configuration/installation. There are hundreds of people playing them just fine.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mouzafphaerre View Post
    *waits for the EB Team to run out of letters to reinstall*
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Changelog for 2.2o:
    • Moved the garrison commander of Nertobriga to the actual location of the settlement.
    • Another reworking of faction re-emergence, spawn moved back to the top.
    • Corrected add_settlement_turmoil values.
    • Put the unrest part of the Troublesome Regions script into a conditional IF statement - only applies when not Rebel-held.
    :o
    Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

dont you think it is not quite player friendly.EBII is very fragile it cant work with other mod.Or there is CTD when I just get into the game,but my other mod will work fine.I had to reinstall all kingdom 1.5 and eb 2.2 again

Changelog for 2.2p:
    • Libyan Infantry gain powerful_charge. Also updated their models - slight increase in armour.
    • Revision to Celtic mercenary pools (removing levies). Revision to Hellenistic mercenary recruitment, ensuring proper transition of units over time.
    • Slight shrinkage of polis pools and reduction in cavalry. Rebalance of helcol pools to feature more cavalry.
    • Revised KH and polis-imitation governments in line with the above.
    • Corrected eastcol conversion in Delta Neilou (gone).
    • Revised "Core" recruitment in Seleukid and Baktrian Supervised Hellenic Admin governments.
    • Link to the updated barbarian settlement files included in the installation instructions.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)

Changelog for 2.2q:
    • Adjusted recruit_priority_offset for Trieres and Liburnes fleets, to reduce naval spam.
    • Corrected kh7/kh8 which weren't updated last time.
    • The Greek medium cavalry of the Nile Delta are Hippeis, rather than Xystophoroi.
    • Corrected accidental bleed-over of Xystophoroi/Aspidiotai Hippeis in Bithynia.
    • Removed trailing spaces from EDU and EDB - probably won't make a difference to most installations, but may aid the most fragile.
    • Slight tweaks to neighbour and governor conversion rates - both lowered.
    • Lowered the AI-switch thresholds, peaceability should come sooner for warlike factions.
    • Adjusted numbers of elephants and chariots so there aren't mysteriously disappearing men when you start a battle.

Member thankful for this post:

Hello Everybody!

Playing my 2.2H version, I am now at turn 1140 ( 13-14 AD), playing with SPQR but I can't see any Augustea reform, is this correct? Furthemore, why the game seems like "die" after the Marian's reform ? I mean, no more news, no more triggers, no happening...is that a problem of mine or is normal?

Actually I do not understand even how to rule a big empire if you have to train all the governors in Rome, and it takes a long time to sende them out to provinces...and why there are not legions out of italy (or some auxilia in hiberia or gallia) and no archers...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CumPizdrul View Post
    Hello Everybody!

Playing my 2.2H version, I am now at turn 1140 ( 13-14 AD), playing with SPQR but I can't see any Augustea reform, is this correct? Furthemore, why the game seems like "die" after the Marian's reform ? I mean, no more news, no more triggers, no happening...is that a problem of mine or is normal?
    There aren't any yet. There's one unit the Augustan Reform will bring in, which hasn't been made yet (and probably won't for a while, it's low priority). Nor have we concepted the trait-related changes that it might bring. Again, because it's much lower priority than a host of other things that need doing for other factions.

Our focus is on the early- to mid-game that will get a lot more play right now. We'll get to the late-game when that's done.

Quote Originally Posted by CumPizdrul View Post
    Actually I do not understand even how to rule a big empire if you have to train all the governors in Rome, and it takes a long time to sende them out to provinces...and why there are not legions out of italy (or some auxilia in hiberia or gallia) and no archers...

Thanks
    You don't get legions outside of Italy, ever. With the Provinciae government, from the Marian reform onwards, you get auxiliaries. Some of those are equivalent units (eg Thorakitai from Greek settlements), others supporting troops.

There aren't any yet. There's one unit the Augustan Reform will bring in, which hasn't been made yet (and probably won't for a while, it's low priority). Nor have we concepted the trait-related changes that it might bring. Again, because it's much lower priority than a host of other things that need doing for other factions.

Our focus is on the early- to mid-game that will get a lot more play right now. We'll get to the late-game when that's done.

You don't get legions outside of Italy, ever. With the Provinciae government, from the Marian reform onwards, you get auxiliaries. Some of those are equivalent units (eg Thorakitai from Greek settlements), others supporting troops.
    Ok Quintus, I got it. But ,if I can suggest, the auxiliaries are also : roman infantry lancers, roman archers and roman reformed equites. I know you have a big work to do, I am just giving my point. Infact, I started a new campaign testing Baktria that's more complex :)

Changelog for 2.2r:
    • Ptolemaic mission now works, damned typo...
    • Added Thebais to Troublesome Regions script.
    • Rewrite of starting Carthaginian armies/garrisons.
    • Adjustment to availability of British Noble Cavalry - increase in frequency after the CelticTwilight reform.
    • Removed culture limits in the casse_mig so it's the same as the others.
    • Kretan Archers now appear in the Roman Provinciae in Syria.
    • Added a new building for nomadic/semi-nomadic factions: the Nomadic Enclave. It has no icons for now, but functions fine otherwise.
    • Reduced morale of all cavalry units by 2 points (as per LusitanianWolf's submod - but not Client Rulers).
    • Removed command from Roman Equites.
    • Increased shield value of certain Iberian infantry units.
    • Changed secondary weapon of Komatai Toxotai to match that of Komatai/Getikoi Hippotoxotai.
    • Updated formations of Brigantinoi and Mezeugenoi.
    • Removed loosest formation (2.7m x 2.7m). Tightened close order of Kretan Archers and Bosporan Heavy Archers.
    • Reduced recruit_priority_offset for Trieres and Liburnes a little more.
    • Decreased missile hit rate against elephants from 0.175 to 0.15.
    • Added a series of "AntiTrait triggers" for a number of paired/antagonistic traits.

Members thankful for this post (3):

Member Member Cincinnatus Johnson's Avatar
    Burke, Virginia, United States of America

We've discovered the choice of error logging method may have an impact on performance as well as stability. I'd highly recommend that everyone go into their EBII.cfg (using Notepad++ and not Windows Notepad) and make the following edit:

Find this:

Code:
    [log] 
    to = mods/ebii/logs/eb.system.log.txt 
    level = * trace
    And change it to this:

Code:
    [log] 
    to = mods/ebii/logs/eb.system.log.txt 
    #level = * trace
    level = * error
    It reduces the error tracking to a simpler form, which results in much, much smaller logs. While it gives less information, if you get a repeatable crash, all you need to do is switch them around (by removing the # from the trace line and putting it on the error line instead).

The difference in log size is significant - we're talking hundreds of KB for "error" vs hundreds of MB+ for "trace". While I've suspected for a while having big text files floating around in memory isn't good for stability (and the longer your session is, the bigger the file gets), it's been reported that it impacts between-turn processing times as well.
    I want to start by saying thank you for your work on EBII. 2.2r is playing wonderfully for me.
    About this recommended change to the EBII.cfg, is it likely to ever be changed in an update?
    - CJ

Not in an update, no, we don't want to overwrite whatever other changes you've made to your config. It's a trivially easy edit to make, just get Notepad++ to make it.

Hey guys,

It looks like the 2.2r EDU has close and loose formation values mixed up for some units. In the Romani campaign I'm trying out, my Camillan hastati have a higher spacing between rows in close formation than they do in loose formation. It's easily fixable by swapping the numbers in the EDU, I'm just letting you know in case this hasn't been reported yet. Some examples:

type roman infantry hastati camillan
    formation 0.9, 1.8, 0.9, 0.9, 8, square

type roman infantry principes camillan
    formation 0.9, 1.8, 0.9, 0.9, 8, square

type roman infantry hastati polybian
    formation 0.9, 1.8, 0.9, 0.9, 4, square

type roman infantry pedites extraordinarii
    formation 0.9, 1.8, 0.9, 0.9, 4, square

Edit: it seems EDU changes aren't savegame compatible? I've changed the formation values for my hastati and the game crashes when i try to load the last savegame. Restarting the campaign works and uses the new values.

Could you let me know where crash to desktop logs are stored? The game tells me to send the log to the EBII crew but i can't find the file.
    Last edited by Yash; 09-01-2017 at 10:35.

No change is savegame compatible, I'm afraid.

Those have all been fixed ahead of 2.3 - it's not just Romans, there were Celts and others with the same reversed formations.

Logs should appear wherever your EBII.cfg tells them to. By default that should mean mods\EBII\logs

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123