Thread: Appeal: Skinners - EBII needs you!

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Default Appeal: Skinners - EBII needs you!

Greetings fans of Europa Barbarorum!

Work continues on expanding and improving the mod, but we're struggling with a shortage of resource in one particular area: skinners for units. That's the people who make the textures which overlay the unit models and give the wonderful final look of a unit. Without new skinners, unit production will slow right down, and we'll have 3D modellers unable to make any meaningful progress by themselves.

What we're looking for is someone with a good knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, who has some experience/understanding in painting textures for 3D models, as well as their associated normal maps. If that person also knew how to use 3DS Max to move around the UVs that would be great, but it's not necessary, we can provide ready-to-paint UV maps for our units. They would need to be able to adapt to and emulate the artistic style of the assets already in our mod, otherwise they wouldn't fit in with what we have, so it isn't total artistic freedom.

If that sounds like you, or someone you know, and you'd be interested in helping out, please get in touch. That could be on a temporary/commission basis (eg "I'll do 5 units") or for a longer-term arrangement if you want to join the team. Please apply here, with any examples you have of your work.

Also note, we are a multi-lingual team; if your primary language is any one of French, Italian, German, Polish, Slovenian, Russian, Spanish, Greek, Swedish, Arabic, Romanian or Croatian, and you prefer to converse in your native tongue, we can accommodate.

As ever, thank you for your support and remember to read more history.

- The Europa Barbarorum II Team
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; 11-24-2016 at 10:09.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Default Re: Appeal: Skinners - EBII needs you!

And Arabic: just adding that for any native Arabic speakers.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Members thankful for this post (2):