Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 65

Thread: Internet Conspiracies becoming Mainstream

  1. #1
    Member Member V:force Champion HopAlongBunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    2,869

    Default Internet Conspiracies becoming Mainstream

    Default Re: PizzaGate

    Just so the next topic is not Loose Change, I am locking this until there is a credible source.

    Actual crime at Cosmic Ping Pong!

    http://wonkette.com/609076/citizen-s...ng-as-one-does
    Last edited by Beskar; 12-06-2016 at 08:12.
    Ja-mata TosaInu

    Member thankful for this post:



  2. #2
    Stranger in a strange land Forum Administrator Hooahguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Southern Vinland
    Posts
    10,809

    Default Re: Loose Change

    I suppose this is the political reality we live in and have to get used to. Ridiculous conspiracy theories becoming too close to mainstream and causing like this to happen. Not that its really anything new. Its just more visible I suppose.
    Reunification: a Marcomanni AAR (on permanent hiatus)
    Zalmoxis's Lightning: a Getae AAR (finished)
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    (finished)

    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

  3. #3
    Member Member Greyblades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,935

    Default Re: Loose Change

    Less than intelligent man cant wait for trump to get in office to starts investigations properly so goes and gets himself arrested while scaring the bejeezus out of customers and staff of pizzerea, simultaniously tainting the concept of a possible paedophile ring to the general public with the veneer of crazy.

    This is annoying because it's not as much of a ridiculous conspiracy theory than Hooahguy says; the Podestas are into some freaky stuff such as hanging borderline bondage art of preteen girls in their home not to mention the spirit cooking stuff.

    All of this being exacerbated by really questionable events such as an email saying "old gang" would meet at a farm with a guarantee of three girls, aged 11, 9, and 7 would be there in a pool for "entertainment". The Pizza thing comes in with another email where Podesta's friends apparantly spent $65K in one night on "pizza" with some really bizzare deliberation over what they want to get.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.


    Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

  4. #4
    The Red Titled Forum Administrator Beskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Albion
    Posts
    15,204

    Default Re: Loose Change

    Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    This is annoying because it's not as much of a ridiculous conspiracy theory than Hooahguy says;
    That is not what he said...
    But from your reply, I presume you are a follower of the Conspiracy theory.

    Here is a summary of the PizzaGate saga by the BBC
    www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-38156985
    Last edited by Beskar; 12-06-2016 at 08:17.
    "What makes something right or wrong?" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." # | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs." RG

  5. #5
    Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Taplow, UK
    Posts
    7,649

    Default Re: Loose Change

    Although this seems very far fetched, some things that eventually became reality were equally, if not more far fetched - be that the Snowdon materials or historic cases of abuse in the UK where we are doing the traditional sort of enquiry that keeps on going on until everyone involved is dead.

    An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

    Member thankful for this post:



  6. #6
    Moderator Moderator Fisherking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East of Augusta Vindelicorum
    Posts
    5,532

    Default Re: Loose Change

    I find it quit interesting that any thing termed a conspiracy automatically acquires theory at its end when it reaches public discourse.

    Pizzagate came into the public’s view from hacked emails and so far as I know it is still a part of a real federal investigation. That investigation may or may not become known, dependant on what is found and the power and influence of those involved.

    That a crazy became involved, because of internet investigators was inevitable.

    Most of these “so called” Conspiracy Theories only arise because some people actually READ documents, books, or other information put out by the actual people or organisations implicated in the conspiracies and watch it as it becomes public policy or is acted upon by the groups or government.

    Once someone brings it to the public it either becomes a victim of a misinformation campaign or wild speculation. Very few are made up out of whole cloth.

    Easy example: The Trilateral Commission, in their original mission statement, they said they were working to bring about a New World Economic Order. When George H.W. Bush & Bill Clinton (members or former members of the Trilateral Commission) started making speeches about the New World Order people began to investigate in order to see what they stood for and to scrutinise its membership. The group’s own publications have lead to almost every “Conspiracy Theory” that is out there and that everyone finds so outrageous, with the possible exceptions of Alien Invasions and the Bavarian Illuminati.

    When someone says Globalists are working to bring about a global fascist state, it brings you back to David Rockefeller, The Trilateral Commission, and all the other organisations he is the founder, or long time high ranking member of.

    Naturally there is much that is only speculation or down right misinformation but at least you could know enough that when groups or organisations are viewed with suspicion, that this is the why and the wherefore of it all.

    Of course they don’t use the word fascist anywhere but the political philosophy alone leads one to that conclusion.


    Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

  7. #7
    Iron Fist Senior Member Husar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    14,421

    Default Re: Loose Change

    As a Stalinist, I'm obviously on the fence when it comes to allegations of rich people doing criminal things.


    "Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

  8. #8
    Member Member Greyblades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,935

    Default Re: Loose Change

    Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    That is not what he said...
    But from your reply, I presume you are a follower of the Conspiracy theory.

    Here is a summary of the PizzaGate saga by the BBC
    www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-38156985
    It is exactly what he said: "Ridiculous conspiracy theories becoming too close to mainstream"

    With the use of the word "mainstream" not "reality", unless it was a typo, hooahguy said ridiculous conspiracy theories that become widely known about, not proven to not be ridiculous.

    And yes I am a follower of the conspiracy in that I have read through it and find reason to suspect some awful things have been happening behind the scenes in the Clinton campaign, whether this resteraunt has anything to do with it is a minor detail and something the feds should be looking into not the denizens of reddit or this gun toting imbecile.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 12-06-2016 at 14:43.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.


    Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

  9. #9
    Ja mata, TosaInu Moderator edyzmedieval's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fortress of the Mountains
    Posts
    10,220

    Default Re: Loose Change

    Just a couple of words for this - beyond worrying. When facts are all of a sudden irrelevant, we have a huge problem on our hands.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

    Proud

    Been to:

    10 years+ at the Org

  10. #10
    The Red Titled Forum Administrator Beskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Albion
    Posts
    15,204

    Default Re: Loose Change

    I found the BBC Article helpful in explaining why LeftEyeNine was taken up with this conspiracy, I was wondering why he was the one to bring it up. Turns out, it was used as a propaganda stunt by Erdogan to try to obscure domestic issues and abuse.

    Child Abuse in the UK is taken very seriously. With the Jimmy Saville investigations, and the current high-profile Fifa investigation with Football coaches grooming young footballers. Such "In your face" conspiracy would be investigated and dealt with swiftly by authorities. In fact, authorities would have looked after the Reddit material themselves, because it is in their interest to do so. If there was anything behind it, it would be dealt with.

    Even in the US, they were investigating Anthony Weiner due to Sexting minors. It was his Laptop which was seized and investigated, which led to an potential reopening of the Clinton case by the FBI Director before the end of the election which cost Clinton the presidency. I am pretty sure if there was smoke, they would be all over it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    With the use of the word "mainstream" not "reality", unless it was a typo, hooahguy said ridiculous conspiracy theories that become widely known about, not proven to not be ridiculous.
    It is clear from intent, that Hooahguy was is expressing disapproval over the fact 'ridiculous conspiracy theories' are becoming closer to 'mainstream', in terms of popularity and spread. He further attributes this spread in causing to happen. He is not advocating or supporting it in any shape or form.
    Last edited by Beskar; 12-06-2016 at 15:33.
    "What makes something right or wrong?" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." # | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs." RG

  11. #11
    Member Member Greyblades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,935

    Default Re: Loose Change

    It is linked to a dismissal word, "ridicule-ous" as in "worthy of ridicule", through its use his opinion is clearly stated, as is yours.

    As for its spread as a turkish ploy, that is a poor reason to dismiss it. Pizzagate came from internet denisens extrapolating information gathered from the podesta emails. That it became mainstream from the actions of Turkey is ultimately irrelevant to it's veracity.

    As for the lack of investigation I think you are woefully underestimating the ammount of collusion with hillary that infested the obama administration
    Last edited by Greyblades; 12-06-2016 at 17:30.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.


    Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

  12. #12
    Member Member V:force Champion HopAlongBunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    2,869

    Default Re: Loose Change

    It seems pretty clear (to me) that it's a fabrication.
    Most of the threads are false, the few facts amount to bupkiss and the conclusions are delusional.

    http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...elieve-it.html
    Ja-mata TosaInu

  13. #13
    Member Member Greyblades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,935

    Default Re: Loose Change

    It's not usually me doing this but first the wonkett and now thedailybeast, have you considered that your primary sources might be a tad biased Bunny?
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.


    Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

  14. #14
    Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Run N Gun Champion, Hook Line & Sinker Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion, Street Racer Champion, Pipe Mania Champion, Spider Jump Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Word Up Champion, Burger Time Champion, Shape Game Champion, Quick Shot Champion, Shuriken Challenge Champion, James Bomb Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Crazy Cars Champion, Space Runner Champion, Submarine Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, Cub Shoot 2 Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Chicken Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Treasure Diver Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Stuart's Xtreme Skateboarding Champion, Jet Pac Stan Champion, Warthog Launch Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Frogger Champion, Slack Man Champion, Fishing the Sea Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Brighton Bounty Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Super Mario Mushroom Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Rotation Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Fish Kill Champion, Ninja Turtles 2 Champion, Ice Racer Champion, Its Mine Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, KF 9000 Champion, Stick Avalanche Champion, White Van Man Champion, What-A-Shot Champion, Mars Patrol Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Magic Ball Champion, BlackJack Champion, Sonny Sunshine Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Latibulm mali regis in muris.
    Posts
    9,701

    Default Re: Loose Change

    So is this the thread wherein I claim to be the son of D.B. Cooper?
    "Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude." -- A. de Tocqueville

    "Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite." -- J.K. Galbraith

    "When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.” -- J. H. Marx

  15. #15
    Member Member V:force Champion HopAlongBunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    2,869

    Default Re: Loose Change

    Another biased account:

    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/21/te...site.html?_r=0

    As for the police; when not calling the "story" pure fiction will neither confirm or deny any on going investigation.
    Ja-mata TosaInu

  16. #16
    Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Reactor Champion, Starcastle Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: Loose Change

    Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    It's not usually me doing this but first the wonkett and now thedailybeast, have you considered that your primary sources might be a tad biased Bunny?
    Haha, nice try. A video you posted in the POTUS thread about another Hillary "scandal" was created by a notorious fraud who tried to illegally wiretap a senator's office (he pleaded guilty for that, btw). You responded with something along the lines of,That doesn't invalidate his message. Prove him wrong!

    You are gifted with amazingly poor self reflection.

  17. #17
    Backordered Member CrossLOPER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brass heart.
    Posts
    2,150

    Default Re: Loose Change

    So everyone is now suffering from schizophrenia?
    Requesting suggestions for new sig.

    -><- GOGOGO GOGOGO WINLAND WINLAND ALL HAIL TECHNOVIKING!SCHUMACHER!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WHY AM I NOT BEING PAID FOR THIS???

  18. #18
    Member Member Greyblades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,935

    Default Re: Loose Change

    The new york times is better but not by much. apparently working through esp cecelia kang says that "None of it was true. While Mr. Alefantis has some prominent Democratic friends in Washington and was a supporter of Mrs. Clinton, he has never met her, does not sell or abuse children, and is not being investigated by law enforcement for any of these claims."
    Only the last of those claims can be verified without a proper investigation which they admit hasnt happened and thanks to our loonie private eye and the now widespread posse of overexicited redditors, that probably wont happen.

    Krazelic, legitimate video footage of a confession to corruption being on a questionable youtube account to is not made less real by the associon whereas the authority of a pundit's blatantly biased accout of an event is somewhat exaserbated by being on a glorified partisan blog.

    This need you have for me to explain the nuamces between hard evidence and punditry in every thread is getting as tiresome as the constant attempts at threading together the facsimile of a gotcha moment from past posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossLOPER View Post
    So everyone is now suffering from schizophrenia?
    On this board? I have no comment but the booze pixy who lives in my ear would like it to be widely known that he has none and never has had any affiliation with the danish flower yakuza or their equine affiliates.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 12-07-2016 at 00:01.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.


    Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

  19. #19
    Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Reactor Champion, Starcastle Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: Loose Change

    Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    legitimate video footage.
    Er, no.

    Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    of a confession to corruption
    Again, no.

    http://time.com/4545543/hillary-clin...trump-veritas/

    ...the campaign denied any wrongdoing, and independent campaign finance experts say that even if the events in the video happened as portrayed, they don’t support the claim that the Clinton campaign did anything illegal.
    I'll happily accept this because I'm not an American lawyer, let alone an expert on campaign finance law.

    No doubt you know of American legal specialists who disagree and can post a source...in video format

  20. #20
    Senior Member Senior Member Othello Champion Montmorency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,011

    Default Re: Loose Change

    The "hard evidence" Greyblades speaks of is on par with the hard evidence demonstrating the godliness of the DPRK's Supreme Leader.
    Vitiate Man.

    Member thankful for this post:

    Husar 


  21. #21
    Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,550

    Default Re: Loose Change

    Quote Originally Posted by Kralizec View Post
    Er, no.



    Again, no.

    http://time.com/4545543/hillary-clin...trump-veritas/



    I'll happily accept this because I'm not an American lawyer, let alone an expert on campaign finance law.

    No doubt you know of American legal specialists who disagree and can post a source...in video format
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    Not a good sign when you need videos to make your point.
    They say that man is the only animal that is self aware. They were wrong. Not all men are.

  22. #22
    Backordered Member CrossLOPER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brass heart.
    Posts
    2,150

    Default Re: Loose Change

    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    They say that man is the only animal that is self aware. They were wrong. Not all men are.
    Get on the post-truth train, Senpai!

    For this point forward, nothing you do, say, or think means anything.

    The yellow remainder went on horse blocks computer and candles. Trees are speaking Latin and phoned the monkey. I am a grey spider.
    Last edited by CrossLOPER; 12-07-2016 at 01:29.
    Requesting suggestions for new sig.

    -><- GOGOGO GOGOGO WINLAND WINLAND ALL HAIL TECHNOVIKING!SCHUMACHER!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WHY AM I NOT BEING PAID FOR THIS???

    Member thankful for this post:

    Husar 


  23. #23
    Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Run N Gun Champion, Hook Line & Sinker Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion, Street Racer Champion, Pipe Mania Champion, Spider Jump Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Word Up Champion, Burger Time Champion, Shape Game Champion, Quick Shot Champion, Shuriken Challenge Champion, James Bomb Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Crazy Cars Champion, Space Runner Champion, Submarine Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, Cub Shoot 2 Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Chicken Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Treasure Diver Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Stuart's Xtreme Skateboarding Champion, Jet Pac Stan Champion, Warthog Launch Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Frogger Champion, Slack Man Champion, Fishing the Sea Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Brighton Bounty Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Super Mario Mushroom Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Rotation Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Fish Kill Champion, Ninja Turtles 2 Champion, Ice Racer Champion, Its Mine Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, KF 9000 Champion, Stick Avalanche Champion, White Van Man Champion, What-A-Shot Champion, Mars Patrol Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Magic Ball Champion, BlackJack Champion, Sonny Sunshine Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Latibulm mali regis in muris.
    Posts
    9,701

    Default Re: Loose Change

    Quote Originally Posted by CrossLOPER View Post
    So everyone is now suffering from schizophrenia?
    Of course. We are all capable of thinking George the fifth of scotch tape tape where are the 18-and-a-half minutes mr. Nixon?
    "Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude." -- A. de Tocqueville

    "Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite." -- J.K. Galbraith

    "When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.” -- J. H. Marx

  24. #24
    The Red Titled Forum Administrator Beskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Albion
    Posts
    15,204

    Default Re: Loose Change

    Thanks for the links Bunny.


    Off-topic: I would like to point out that schizophrenia isn't typically marked by such vivid instances of audio and visual psychosis, but more the heavy paranoia and delusions. This may manifesto in the more severe cases like the aliens/government conducting surveillance through the power supply, so they remove plug-sockets and even light bulbs. However, it is typically with paranoia around neighbours talking about them/recording them, or being followed when walking down the street. Unfortunately, the actions of the person can cause them to attract the interest of others, creating a fulfilling prophecy in some regards.
    Last edited by Beskar; 12-07-2016 at 13:12.
    "What makes something right or wrong?" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." # | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs." RG

  25. #25
    Member Member Greyblades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,935

    Default Re: Loose Change

    Quote Originally Posted by Kralizec View Post
    Again, no.

    http://time.com/4545543/hillary-clin...trump-veritas/

    I'll happily accept this because I'm not an American lawyer, let alone an expert on campaign finance law.

    No doubt you know of American legal specialists who disagree and can post a source...in video format
    And like that I find I cannot give a reason for why I keep wasting my time with people who take the word of the perpitrator professing innocence as proof.

    Booze pixie is very dissapointed in you incandescant frog nails.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 12-07-2016 at 17:21.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.


    Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

  26. #26
    Iron Fist Senior Member Husar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    14,421

    Default Re: Loose Change

    Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    And like that I find I cannot give a reason for why I keep wasting my time with people who take the word of the perpitrator professing innocence as proof.
    But does he? From his link:

    Federal campaign finance law prohibits political campaigning from coordinating on expenditures with outside groups that involve paid media communications. That means that the Clinton campaign and the super PAC supporting Clinton’s bid, Priorities USA Action, cannot write advertisements together, for example, or share data in order to decide what market to place an advertisement in.

    It is legal, however to coordinate on other forms of communication, including certain types of messaging, and to contract work to third parties. The Donald Duck activists likely do not qualify under federal law as public communications, which is defined as including television or newspaper advertising, or mass mailings.

    “The video makes the allegation that this satisfies the definition of coordinated communication,” said Brendan Fischer, associate counsel at the Campaign Legal Center. But “it’s not at all a clear that the person dressed up as a duck is engaged in public political advertising, or is the sort of conduct envisioned by the [Federal Election Commission] regulations.”
    The first two paragraphs contain explanations by Time about how the laws work, the last one a statement on the case by who I assume is an expert of the CLC, an organization that was founded by someone who worked on the McCain Campaign in 2008 according to Wikipedia.
    Can you explain how this is based only on the "word of the perpetrator"?


    "Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

    Member thankful for this post:



  27. #27
    Member Member Greyblades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,935

    Default Re: Loose Change

    The expert quibbles over a matter of definition in a law of which he himself does not have enough confidence in to say it makes the campaign innocent.

    This does not contribute actual capital to the claim of innocence that is coming from Clinton's campaign making Krazelic's attempt to use this article as proof that the veritas videos do not count as not hard evidence look like blind faith in the honesty of a dishonest perp.

    Now are we going to actually get back on track or are we going to waste the time of yet another thread on krazelic and pannonian's pointless distractions?
    Last edited by Greyblades; 12-07-2016 at 18:14.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.


    Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

  28. #28
    Iron Fist Senior Member Husar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    14,421

    Default Re: Loose Change

    Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    The expert quibbles over a matter of definition in a law which lawyers could spend decades arguing over the validity, this does not contribute actual capital to the claim of innocence that is coming from Clinton's campaign, making Krazelic's attempt to use as proof that the veritas videos do not count as not hard evidence look like blind faith in the honesty of a dishonest source.
    Hard evidence for what? If you're not interested in definitions of law, then we could just as well make the argument that the laws are stupid in the first place, so what's the problem? The ducks were funny, end of story.

    Let's move on indeed.


    "Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

  29. #29
    Member Member Greyblades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,935

    Default Re: Loose Change

    Ah, just couldnt restrain yourself for more than one post, hm.

    Back on track, the shooter Edgar Maddison Welch spent some time acting sparking some speculation that he is a "crisis actor" such as the slew that reported a number of fake claims of violence in the wake of Trump's election, though Heavy.com's account of his prior work as "elected President of the North Carolina Crime Stoppers Association (two terms). Served as Executive Director for Protect-A-Child, a national, non-profit organization to prevent abuse and abduction of children. Appointed by Governor Jim Martin to the Governor’s Commission on Child Victimization.” indicates a more honest motiviation. Note I couldnt find the source on those appointments.

    More interestingly he has a criminal record; driving under the influence in 2013 and more recently this october he running down a 13 year old in his car, apparantly intentionally as a witness says he "had the whole road to turn into even the whole other lane, even in the same lane he could have avoided him."
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.


    Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

  30. #30
    Backordered Member CrossLOPER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brass heart.
    Posts
    2,150

    Default Re: Loose Change

    Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    Now are we going to actually get back on track or are we going to waste the time of yet another thread on krazelic and pannonian's pointless distractions?
    Life is a pointless distraction.
    Requesting suggestions for new sig.

    -><- GOGOGO GOGOGO WINLAND WINLAND ALL HAIL TECHNOVIKING!SCHUMACHER!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WHY AM I NOT BEING PAID FOR THIS???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO