Thread: Clipboard management apps

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

Default Clipboard management apps

Anyone use these? If you ever do any amount of copying and pasting on your computer, you're nuts not to use it.

Ever copy/paste some text and then copy/paste something else and then need the first copy again? Then you need clipboard management software. Anything you copy gets stored in the app and you can recall your history from a popup using a configurable keyboard shortcut and select what from your clipboard history you'd like to place back into the active clipboard. Seriously, it's freakin awesome- try it. I use it constantly at work to copy device config snippets, IP addresses, ect. Here, I use it when slicing up forum post quotes.

There's lots to choose from, but under Windows, I use ArsClip and under LinuxMint I use ClipIt. Anyone have better suggestions?

If you still don't have any idea what I'm talking about, here's a short video showing you how to use a clipboard manager.
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Re: Clipboard management apps

I do copy/paste quite a lot, but I didn't know about clipboard management until now.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval View Post
    I do copy/paste quite a lot, but I didn't know about clipboard management until now.
    Your life is about to change for the better.

I do alot of network device configs. Much of it is common to all, but some is unique to each. I used to hightlight, copy, paste, then get the unique config bits, highlight copy paste them in then go back to the common config again.... rinse repeat ad nauseam. Having an easily accessible clipboard history was a game-changer.
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

There's an extension for Chrome that I use that does the same thing. It's Permanent Clipboard.