Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Berlin this time

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Default Re: Berlin this time

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    Now you sound like you basically agree with me and just don't know it.

The only difference is that I believe that as adults they also need some space to develop. Your approach seems to me like you denied your child an education and then complain that, now that it is an adult, it has no job. Then you proceed to call the adult a loser who cannot achieve anything in life and say that is entirely his own fault...

Have a good night.
    They're not my child, and they have a tendency to produce people who proclaim loyalty to a foreign state and execute acts of violent in western countries in their name, using our intended acts of goodwill as their reasoning. I strongly opposed said act back in 2003, but if, as people keep reminding me, we are to forever suffer the stigma of acting thus in 2003, then I can accept that, and accept the possibility that others may think differently from us, and accept other people's right to live their lives as they will, uninterfered with by us.

If they have these rights, then so do we, and the only practical way of reconciling these is to let them be and keep to ourselves. We were wrong to go into Iraq. So why repeat the mistake? If you're convinced you can do good, you should go ahead and do it yourself. Just as I accept their right to live their lives without our interference, so I respect your right to do whatever you want. And unlike you, I'd even respect your right to do so without subsequently moaning about it with Catch 22 arguments that frame you to be wrong whatever you do or don't do.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    They're not my child
    Oooh, I'm sorry, my fault.

And unlike you, I'd even respect your right to do so without subsequently moaning about it with Catch 22 arguments that frame you to be wrong whatever you do or don't do.
    That makes no sense, you can't just stop being guilty by not wanting to be guilty and saying that I were mean.
    You're still guilty.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Oooh, I'm sorry, my fault.

That makes no sense, you can't just stop being guilty by not wanting to be guilty and saying that I were mean.
    You're still guilty.
    There's that Catch 22 argument I mentioned. I'm guilty whatever I do or don't do, and there's nothing I can do or not do to avoid being guilty. Since that's the case and I'm guilty either way, I prefer the cheapest way of being guilty. I'm evil and I'm damned anyway, so let's at least save money.

Member thankful for this post:

Husar 

There's that Catch 22 argument I mentioned. I'm guilty whatever I do or don't do, and there's nothing I can do or not do to avoid being guilty. Since that's the case and I'm guilty either way, I prefer the cheapest way of being guilty. I'm evil and I'm damned anyway, so let's at least save money.
    No, that's deeply immoral, what you need to do is invite a Moroccan to live in your home, convert to Islam and become a vegan.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Bomb them all!!

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlBlackoso View Post
    Bomb them all!!
    Welcome to the .org! Always good to have more quality posters among us.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Members thankful for this post (4):

Blog Entries

German Politician Prevented Police Sharing Image of Christmas Market Attacker ‘to Prevent Racism’

German police and judiciary have accused Hamburg Justice Minister Till Steffen of delaying the release of pictures of the Christmas market attacker Anis Amri because he was worried about provoking “racist” comments on Facebook.

Green Party politician Steffen cited “privacy concerns” when he initially prevented law enforcers from releasing pictures of Anis Amri.

However, it has been claimed by members of the judiciary and the police that Steffen, who is the head of the judicial authority in Hamburg, denied the release of images of Amri because he was concerned it would incite racial hatred.

It is alleged that he only released images after a 12-hour delay following a call from German newspaper Bild.

Joachim Lenders, Hamburg’s chief of police, told Bild:

“It is incomprehensible to throw such a spanner in the works of investigators. Steffen is incompetent.”
    A story that only reached the english speaking world through the daily mail and brietbart but was covered widely in the german media (#1, #2, #3, #4, #5)

Completely missed the topic and the point, but thanks for the congratulations.
    If you want to tell me that people who arrived sometime in 2016 spoke accent-free German when they committed their crimes, I have only this for you:

Why you talk about euphemisms is beyond me, it has nothing to do with what I said...

As for the rest of your post, no, the map is still garbage as you have been told several times now.
    Hm. Interesting thought: Germans are unable to understand euphamisms, might explain why goebells was so successful.

I hit the topic on the nose, you are trying to dilute the map's coverage, imply it is riddled with false reports but I've found your examples to be easy to shoot down.

The german police has frequently used the term southerner when describing middle easterners to muddy the waters and leave open the idea that a suspect might have been an italian, spanish or greek. All in the name of avoiding racism of course.

The accent is hardly worth mentioning, wouldnt be the first time that a long term or second generation immigrant has contributed to the crimes on german streets, I understand you have a sizeable turkish minority from before the crisis, and while they havent acted out like the north africans they havent exactly been among the most well behaved of minorities.

The best you have done is show that perhaps there are pre crisis immigrant crimes included, which is to be expected due to the third party nature of the map being unable to differentiate, and rather unhelpful for you as it only adds to my point of immigration from these parts being a bad idea if even the vetted ranks of the previous waves still let through (or produced) thieves.

I wish you would address all my points as I do yours, I cant tell if you are ignoring half my posts because you dont notice them or cant answer them, you used to be thorough once, back when your dismissals of sources carried some actual weight.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 01-08-2017 at 18:22.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234