Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Berlin this time

Default Re: Berlin this time

My condolences to the families and loved ones of the victims. There is endless supply of lunatics as long as there will be humans around, but there is no reason to submit to fear because of them.
    Last edited by Kagemusha; 12-21-2016 at 01:16.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

I am convinced by Greyblades map, it is rather compelling and does contain lots of nice colours, it has links and everything.
    Though I am slightly confused as to why such things as a chip pan catching fire are included in the seeminlgy random "crime" "statistics".

I say random , though of course it is not random , someone appears to have just trawled the newspapers, twitter and facebook, found anything with foriegners in Germany mentioned and added it to a list of "crimes"

Blog Entries

I'm not entirely sure how I am to answer that without you actually linking anything.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    I'm not entirely sure how I am to answer that without you actually linking anything.
    You invited people to trawl through your "evidence".
    Are you not happy if they do so?
    Maybe I just got lucky, after all it was just the third coloured symbol I tried that returned the unattended chip pan story.
    But since you invited people to berify your "facts" might I ask if you verified any of them at all yourself, or did you just accept the link as you had already "nailed your colours" and didn't feel the neded to check your facts even after others had already challenged the accuracy of your claim.
    Which on the face of it after the briefest perusal does clearly look like a undeniably false claim.

As for me linking anything? Its your link, you invited people to verify your link, you posted it, didn't you verify it yourself first?

Blog Entries

Link me the chip pan fire or I call you a three post troll.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

Its in your link
    Do you always just call people names?
    nice welcome

Krumbach (Swabia) 7/6/16 incident reported that tuesday at 19:28.
    And the evil foriegners tried to put the chip pan out with a powder extinguisher, which is the correct one to use isn't it if it isn't a fire blanket you are using.
    Nasty evil criminal foriegners (or is it just a hoax link you posted?)

Last edited by Smiler; 12-21-2016 at 03:28.

Member thankful for this post:

Husar 

Improper disposal of wood ash, nasty stuff.
    Naked man found bleeding , two morroccan "suspects" reported at scene, turns out they was trying to stop the drunk/drugged individual who was slashing himself with a bottle.
    evil foriegners , great link greyblades, did you read any of it at all?
    Or more impirtantly did the people who made the link read anything apart from "foriegners"?

Members thankful for this post (2):

Blog Entries

You do know how unreasonable it is to expect me to verify every single one in this 10,000+ collection of cases right?

At this point I can easily write them off as mistakes, an issue of human error (assuming this isnt computer gathered, which I suspect) in catagories that can be ambiguous between designation and intent, rather insignificant in the deluge of legitimate cases. Find me something fraudulent six post troll, before implying fraud and this time dont waste my time searching.

Also learn to edit.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 12-21-2016 at 04:01.

You do know how unreasonable it is to expect me to verify every single one in this 10,000+ collection of cases right?

At this point I can easily write them off as mistakes, an issue of human error (assuming this isnt computer gathered) in catagories that can be ambiguous between designation and intent, rather insignificant in the deluge of legitimate cases. Find me something fraudulent six post troll, before implying fraud and this time dont waste my time searching.

Also learn to edit.
    More name calling I see.

If it is unreasonable for you to verify your "facts" why are you telling others to verify them?
    More importantly why are you getting so aggressive when they do verify your "facts" and so easily show them to be false?

Perhaps the problem lies in you swallowing "data" from a link based on your preconcieved views rather than the real information your link contains.
    How on earth can you possibly claim that there is a "deluge of legitimate cases" in that link when you appear to not have the faintest idea what your link actually contains?

That is the typical progressive left thinly veild reverse racist propaganda that has no basis in reality.

Ironic echo aside, both of those articles source from the same Bundeskriminalamt police statistics, statistics that havent been updated for 2016, the only information that the BKA provide of the refugee influx is of 2015 of which only three to four months had that influx. It is only when counting the immigrants reports of those months and comparing them to the entire year's rate of crime among the pre crisis population do they get that 20% statistic. At best it is a nice endorsment for the pre influx immigrants but tells us nothing about the behavior of those in this immigrant wave.

An article produced by the arm of the german foreign office and an san-fransico immigrant journalist's collumn, both based on the same skewed statistic and both decidedly disingenuous.

I am annoyed at @Seamus_Fermanagh; carrying the air of statistical authority but letting such a statistical mangling go unnoticed while attacking mine for not fulfilling an imagined intent.

For the intent I imagine you have: you dropped the ball.
    The problem here is that I didn't put any big effort into it given that your "source" is rubbish anyway. If you post a racist Facebook group as a source, I response with the first thing I find. The "islamic" source just gave me Troll-happiness because I expected you to hate it. I'll drop as many balls for you as you want until you pick one up in the first place.
    On that note, you seem to have conveniently overlooked the quote from The Local, where the head of our police union says Facebook "statistics" are misleading and basically agrees with Seamus and me. You may call him biased, but then you also can't trust the BKA statistics most likely and are left with nothing concrete either way...

3. The mass of people, of which you have unfailingly attacked those who consider it a bad idea to import willy nilly, conceals a cuckoo bird egg that is trying to kill or corrupt you and your like.
    You complained that I was defending that, what about this have I defended?
    You literally said I defended some people to the hilt, now you say I attacked others, make up your mind.
    What exactly do you mean by "unfailingly attacked"? I have several times agreed with Fragony and even with you in my last reply to you.
    I attack people who want to throw our values overboard and think walled settlements are the best thing ever instead of working for more equality around the globe.

You werent importing people en-mass from the middle east in 2014, I am capable of discriminating between pre and post crisis immigrants you know, do you?
    *are you
    Yes.

Also at a single glance your hoax map supports my point: it is dwarfed by my map by two orders of magnitude, at least.
    No, it does not support your point at all.
    That makes no sense whatsoever.

It became too late to solve cleanly 12 months ago, your nation will pay the cost and suffer this for years, whether it is suffered with your conscience or your people's blood and tears is up to you.
    Blood and steel rhetoric, so cute. Who are "my people"?

This is my suggestion: do what the normans did when they took england: have a census. Domesday book germany, kick out those who cannot be proven legally or genetically native and hang juncker by his nipples from the Brandenburg gate.
    Even more medieval now, how about we return to caveman politics or just let single cell organisms rule the planet again?

Ok the last one isnt a serious suggestion, a man can dream
    Then give them to whoever doesnt consider thier actions a crime, I hear qatar is very accepting of rape and loves cheap labour with nowhere else to go, failing that dump them on the somali coast, some of those that abuse our hospitality have been calling our governments tyrannical, it would be poetic for them to enjoy the hospitality of actual tyrants.
    There are plenty of other reasons nations may not want them. I'm pretty sure if Qatar wanted them, they'd have said so already.
    As for "dumping them in Somalia", that just makes innocent Somalians bleed more, are they worth less than innocent Germans?

No, such is the way of napoleonic civil law, English common law would update itself as issues arise, as PVC would tell you.
    We are updating our laws, that's what "work in progress" implies.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

At this point I can easily write them off as mistakes, an issue of human error (assuming this isnt computer gathered, which I suspect) in catagories that can be ambiguous between designation and intent, rather insignificant in the deluge of legitimate cases. Find me something fraudulent six post troll, before implying fraud and this time dont waste my time searching.

Also learn to edit.
    So what about the ones I found in Saxony without even trying hard? Your Facebook map is simply pointless because to make sure it can be used for anything, one would indeed have to check all the individual links given that "mistakes" can be found by just checking three random links...

Blog Entries

More name calling I see.

If it is unreasonable for you to verify your "facts" why are you telling others to verify them?
    More importantly why are you getting so aggressive when they do verify your "facts" and so easily show them to be false?

Perhaps the problem lies in you swallowing "data" from a link based on your preconcieved views rather than the real information your link contains.
    How on earth can you possibly claim that there is a "deluge of legitimate cases" in that link when you appear to not have the faintest idea what your link actually contains?
    I reciprocate respect, guess how much respect I get from you.

On the subject of verification I have been burned enough times on this forum to not use sources without at least making sure it is at least helping my claim not hurting it; I looked through enough to know it wasnt complete bull spit. Having something resembling a life I didnt dedicate my next few months using google translate to check each and every one.

As for aggression, pot meet kettle and no they dont easily show them to be false, I used to have the rug pulled out from under me frequently years ago, but the good debators have slowly bled away from the site and I have gotten better at not making your level of newbie mistakes.

Mistake one: cherry picking; looking for the smallest error and presenting it as disproving the entire thesis.

Even more medieval now, how about we return to caveman politics or just let single cell organisms rule the planet again?
    Well , I suppose William had his admirers.
    Take the French religious chap who did his biography as an example.
    I wonder what he said about William sorting out the trouble.
    To his shame, William made no effort to control his fury, punishing the innocent with the guilty.
    He ordered that crops and herds, tools and food be burned to ashes.
    More than 100,000 people perished of starvation.
    I have often praised William in this book, but I can say nothing good about this brutal slaughter.
    God will punish him

So Greyblades advocates what William did as a solution.
    Thats called Genocide, it is a final solution I suppose.

I reciprocate respect, guess how much respect I get from you.

On the subject of verification I have been burned enough times on this forum to not use sources without at least making sure it is at least helping my claim not hurting it; I looked through enough to know it wasnt complete bull spit. Having something resembling a life I didnt dedicate my next few months using google translate to check each and every one.

As for aggression, pot meet kettle and no they dont easily show them to be false, I used to have the rug pulled out from under me frequently years ago, but the good debators have slowly bled away from the site and I have gotten better at not making your level of newbie mistakes.

Mistake one: cherry picking; looking for the smallest error and presenting it as disproving the entire thesis.
    Reciprocate respect?

Mistake one?
    Supporting documentation must support a thesis, if it doesn't support the thesis it should be avoided at all costs. putting fake documentation in a thesis and using it as the basis for the arguement being put forward will only earn you a fail.

Your mistake wasEach comes with a link to a crime, you can go through them yourself and verify
    Is that what you would call a "newbie mistake" which a good debator would frequently pull the rug from under you with ?
    Last edited by Smiler; 12-21-2016 at 04:57.

Ok, I go to the map again: "Wächtersbach: Südländer überfällt Bäckerei mit Schußwaffe und erbeutet Geld"

Links to this: http://www.presseportal.de/blaulicht/pm/43561/3256629

In the text it says he spoke German without an accent but looked like a "southerner".

--------------------------------

Next one, same screen: "Hünfelden: Südländer lenkt in Postfiliale Mitarbeiterin ab, während Komplizin Geld stiehlt

Links to this: http://www.presseportal.de/blaulicht/pm/50153/3330615

Again, the article mentions that the trick thief spoke German without accent and looked like a "southerner".

Maybe, the orange ones are just the wrong color to pick...

A blue one from somehwere in the north-east: "Baek: Afghane tickt zweimal an einem Tag aus, geht auf Leute los, landet stationär im Krankenhaus"

Links to this: http://www.maz-online.de/Lokales/Pri...ger-geschnappt

The article describes the action a bit more nuanced than the caption on the map. The Afghan man got into a fight with a Syrian and was hospitalized the first time around. Later he met him again and attacked him with a Shisha when a German woman got involved and got light cuts on her hand. The Afghan man was then brought to the hospital and lept there now because he seemed confused. Your map "abbreviates" this as "Afghan man loses it twice a day, attacks people, ends up in stationary hospital care". The actual article does not mention who or what started the first fight or whether this was in any way a criminal act worse than a bar brawl.
    By the way, does a Syrian getting beaten by an Afghan count as "my people bleeding"? I know the German woman got light cuts, I'm curious about the Syrian.

Oh, look a green one, this is terrible: Anklam: "Migrant dreht im Aldi durch, geht mit abgeschlagener Glasflasche auf Kunden los"

Translation of the caption: "Migrant goes crazy in ALDI [supermarket], attacks customers with broken glass bottle"

Links to this: http://www.presseportal.de/blaulicht/pm/108768/3260880

Link describes indeed that the man was Afghan and somehow started a fight with a 30 year-old customer in the supermarket. He even tried to hit the man with said bottle but failed to hit him at all. He was then subdued by two other men as he was cutting his own belly and chest with the bottle and was found to have a blood alcohol of 1.92 per mill...

I can totally see your point based on your totally legit and terrifying examples. You have to give them though that they learned to speak German without accent really fast... And no, I honestly didn't even skip any, these are the ones I clicked in the order in which I clicked them.

Verifying your terrible map seems harder than one would think with all the "overwhelming evidence" of all the terrible crimes these people commit...
    Last edited by Husar; 12-21-2016 at 05:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    The sarcastic headline and alt-right use of words don't help. .
    That will be seen when we come to know how much support AfD will have picked in the upcoming elections.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

Verifying your terrible map seems harder than one would think with all the "overwhelming evidence" of all the terrible crimes these people commit...
    But, but, but, Each comes with a link to a crime, you can go through them yourself and verify.
    But be generous, perhaps it was a typo. Maybe he meant to write "please don't click the links to verify the "facts"" instead

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

Greyblades usually has no idea what he's talking about. No need to berate him about that. It's his right to be ignorant and biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian View Post
    Greyblades usually has no idea what he's talking about. No need to berate him about that. It's his right to be ignorant and biased.
    And Sarmatian usually has no scruples about berating others about things he isn't exempt from himself.
    Last edited by Gilrandir; 12-21-2016 at 13:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    That will be seen when we come to know how much support AfD will have picked in the upcoming elections.
    Dear Girlandir, the AfD had around 13% support in a poll from December 8th. Surely the poll could be inaccurate, but as long as they don't magically gain another 37% until the election, I'm not too worried about them. You can see the poll results in these images: http://www.tagesschau.de/multimedia/...c22ab4ee3.html

First one is approval rating of individual politicians, note Merkel at 57% with a +5 change compared to November.
    Second image is "what if you voted for a party today?".
    Of course I'm curious about the upcoming January results, but it seems Germans are more resilient to the likes of the AfD than several neighboring countries nowadays...

There are also new news on the attack, the police has a website where people can send images and video from the incident and surroundings to help the police find the perpetrator(s). Someone performed a DDoS attack on that website using a large botnet and managed to keep it offline for two hours.

Police are now also looking for a Tunisian man, whose papers they found in the cabin of the truck: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...asylum-seeker/

The new suspect wanted by police entered Germany as an asylum-seeker in April this year, according to Süddeutsche Zeitung newspaper.

The Tunisian, who has been named as Anis A, was already considered a threat by German intelligence, the newspaper reports.

Other newspapers, including Der Spiegel and Bild, have also named the suspect as Anis A.

Anis A allegedly had contacts with the network of an extremist Muslim preacher who was recently arrrested.
    Further reading on Süddeutsche Zeitung reveals a bit more about the new suspect: http://www.sueddeutsche.de/politik/a...ssen-1.3302499

He travelled to Italy in 2012 and then came to Germany in July 2015. Since April 2016 he has the status "tolerated" here. In August he was arrested by police in Friedrichshafen with a fake Italian passport. German intelligence pegged him as a terror threat due to his being a follower of the hate preacher Abu Walaa (the "faceless preacher") who was arrested in November. This and the fact that Nizza was also a truck attack carried out by a Tunisian (same terror group affiliation?) could hint at them having the right suspect this time.

Further the article mentions that he once asked someone whether they could get him a gun and police were monitoring his telecommunication. A police source said they're unclear so far about how he could escape police surveillance, but I personally wouldn't be surprised if it is revealed to be a lack of resources/manpower.

Children,children.. Was there not a topic not long a go about mutual respect and attacking the argument and not the person...
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

What are the pictures to signify? Christmas spirit or an attempt at mocking? In any case you got the spelling and etymology of my "name" wrong, Gooser.
    Last edited by Gilrandir; 12-21-2016 at 15:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    What are the pictures to signify? Christmas spirit or an attempt at mocking? In any case you got the spelling and etymology of my "name" wrong, Gooser.
    Haha, no, sorry, I spelled it that way on purpose because other people do it all the time. And since that spelling reminds me of the German word "Girlande", I added pictures of Girlanden to it.

To answer your question, Christmas Spirit.

I was actually hoping you'd find some useful information in that post, there wasn't even any need or reason to mock you.
    Last edited by Husar; 12-21-2016 at 16:11.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

...I am annoyed at @Seamus_Fermanagh; carrying the air of statistical authority but letting such a statistical mangling go unnoticed while attacking mine for not fulfilling an imagined intent.

For the intent I imagine you have: you dropped the ball...
    My intent was more derived from just having completed another section of research methods. Far too many statistics are presented without a point of comparison or the appropriate statistical confirmation. One of my pet peeves about the mis-use of research. By the way, your discussion of the numbers and potential strengths/weaknesses thereof which you posted in this post were a much stronger presentation and a clearer statement of your points. All-in-all, I thought this post explained your concerns and perspective much more clearly and effectively that the earlier ones.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

More new novelty news from the interior minister of Northrhine-Westfalia: https://www.facebook.com/tagesschau/...82330781332712

The asylum request of the suspect was denied by the authorities in June, he was placed in the deportation program but could not be deported because he had no valid papers. The process to get him a replacement passport was initiated by German authorities in August, but Tunisia denied his citizenship at first and did not send any new papers. The papers actually arrived today... (he says he won't comment that)

He also mentions that the guilt of the guy is not proven yet, they only found his papers under the driver's seat (one may wonder why they only found them there two days after the attack, but then again I'm not that familiar with police procedures). Oh and that an investigation into the guy for being a terror threat was already under way with the state attourney or so of Berlin.

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    I did find the description of the arrested man a bit curious though: a Pakistani refugee. I didn't know they existed. I went on a Pakistani forum to see their view on it. They didn't know they existed either.
    There are a few situations where a Pakistani man can legitimately claim asylum elsewhere (people who've been accused of blasphemy stand a good chance of getting lynched, for example) but I imagine that most of them are fake. Just like the ones from Morocco or Algeria.

The proper term should be 'asylum seeker/applicant'.

there wasn't even any need or reason to mock you.
    For some people here no need or reason is no excuse, that is why I asked.

And merry (and safe) Christmas to you, too.

Husar 

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think the Mirror is poor quality, like Daily Mail, The Sun, and so on, but I have to admit, this 'article' amused me a little when talking about the false hyperboles surrounding the Lorry driver which I have seen expressed in a few places.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...ice=responsive
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

The appeasers, apologists and ‘useful idiots’ have been out in force over the festive season, busily lighting candles, declaring ‘Ich Bin Ein Berliner’ and proclaiming that the murderous attack on the Christmas market had nothing to do either with Islam or mass immigration. Thinking of them prompted me to pluck from my shelf one of my favourite books, a slim tome entitled ‘Ourselves and Germany’, written in the winter of 1937 by the Marquess of Londonderry. Otherwise known as Charles Stewart Henry Vane-Tempest-Stewart, or ‘Charley’ to his pals, the Marquess could neither write well nor read men well, but his book is nonetheless riveting. It’s a timeless reminder of where an educated man’s moral cowardice and intellectual stupidity can lead.

The Marquess resigned as Secretary of State for Air in 1935, and spent the next two years scuttling back and forth to Germany as an unofficial emissary of Appeasement. Hitler, who extended his distinguished visitor ‘every consideration and courtesy’ was simply misunderstood by the British people, wrote Charley. So were Hermann Goering and Joachim von Ribbentrop, and that was the fault of Britain’s ‘cheap and popular press’, which twisted their words and turned the minds of the public against the Third Reich.

Charley wasn’t a bad man; he was just an arrogant and gullible one, who like many educated men of the era, was taken in by Hitler. The Fuhrer, for all his faults, was adept at hoodwinking his enemies by telling them with a polite smile what they wanted to hear. The Marquess’s cousin was Winston Churchill, who never misread Hitler, and he crops up in another book I’ve recently read, ‘Conquering Islamic Totalitarianism’, by François Fillon, the centre-right candidate in France’s presidential election.

Fillon asks his readers to imagine for a moment if, in these sombre times, they could think of ‘Winston Churchill or Charles de Gaulle, sitting at their desk, head in their hands, moaning ‘Where are we heading? Who are we? What is our identity?’.’ He scoffs at the idea, and in the next paragraphs declares that the West must look to the two wartime leaders for inspiration ‘faced with Islamic Totalitarianism’.

It’s a fight on two fronts, explains Fillon, against the Islamists themselves, and against the left, whom he damns for their ‘imbecilic sophism’, adding that they are ‘ideologically blind’ and suffering from a ‘paranoia of Islamophobics’. He makes no apology for drawing parallels between Nazism and Islamic extremism and vows to extinguish the ‘Spirit of Munich’ that he says permeates much of left-wing ideology. ‘Because let there be no mistake’, he writes, ‘these are the same people who bleated for pacifism and collective security in the 1930s when Hitler began re-arming a Germany still weak. These are the same people who cowardly celebrated the sinister Munich Agreement and claimed that peace had been saved’.

Fillon writes also that the time for accepting the unacceptable is over. After each new outrage, ‘we go through the same sadly familiar and repetitive scenario with the president and the politicians lighting candles to commemorate the massacre and observing the rituals of compassion’. In Angela Merkel’s case, it was laying a white rose at the scene of slaughter, an act she described as ‘incomprehensible’. Only it wasn’t, it was all too comprehensible to those who predicted that her decision to open Germany’s borders was a monumental misjudgement. Incomprehensible are the blunders made by the German security services who had been tracking Anis Amri since March; incomprehensible are the German privacy laws that meant the media wasn’t able to show a photograph of Amri; incomprehensible were the words of a German journalist who tweeted that the best response to the massacre was ‘patience, empathy and humanity’.

Patience for what? Until it’s our turn to be shot, knifed, blown up or run over by the Islamists? Speaking days after the attack in Nice last July that left 86 people dead, the then Prime Minister of France, Manuel Valls, said:

‘I need to tell the truth to the French: Terrorism will be part of everyday life for a long time.’

That statement confirmed to the French that their government prioritised political correctness above their protection. Terrorism need not be a part of everyday life if Europe controls its borders, outlaws Salafism, expels hate preachers, deports illegal immigrants and failed asylum seekers, imprisons all returning IS fighters and, above all, stops tolerating the intolerance of Islamic extremism, whose objective regarding Europe is conquest not cohabitation.

Writing in the Guardian, the historian Timothy Garton Ash warned that the ‘Berlin Christmas market attack could unleash forces of intolerance to threaten liberal ideals across the continent’. He was alluding to the forces of far-right fascism, which indeed are a concern, but they are on the rise only because a generation of European leaders have failed to confront Islam’s ‘forces of intolerance’.

Meanwhile, Islamic terror attacks in the Middle East have killed thousands of Christians, Jews, Yazidis and other minority faiths, and in his pre-recorded message for Radio Four’s ‘Thought for the Day’, Prince Charles warned that ‘all of this has deeply disturbing echoes of the dark days of the 1930s’. Islamofascism is the clear and present danger. In the past two years its foot soldiers have killed 250 people in Paris, Nice, Brussels, Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray, and Copenhagen. While its ideological warriors have made big advances, under a creeping barrage of ‘Islamophobia’, against democratic free speech so that now only the bravest dare stick their head above the parapet of political correctness.

Witness Theresa May’s appeasement in front of Parliament when she was given the chance to support the gymnast Louis Smith, who had been ostracised because of light-hearted mockery of Islam. ‘We value freedom of expression and freedom of speech in this country’, May told the Commons. ‘That is absolutely essential in underpinning our democracy, but we also value tolerance of others and tolerance in relation to religions.’

This age of appeasement must come to an end, and François Fillon in 2017 has the opportunity to redefine Europe’s attitude towards Islamism. ‘Fatalism is no way to fight fanaticism’, he writes in his book, adding that a more forceful approach is urgently required to prevent a third world war. If he’s elected president of France in the spring he must follow through on his pledge because Europe desperately needs a strong leader, a man like Churchill, who from the outset understood that evil must never be appeased.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/12...s-facing-west/

Just a counter to the above article posted by Beskar. I'll let you lot judge.

Which means that a stabbed and heavily-bleeding man awoke from unconsciousness to realise his attacker was about to mow down pedestrians. He may have grabbed the wheel or punched the hijacker, but his actions caused the lorry to veer away from other shoppers and come to a halt. Lukasz was 6ft 2ins and weighed 18 stone, and despite his injuries he put up an heroic fight.
    Hells Bells talk about useful idiots!
    Last edited by InsaneApache; 12-23-2016 at 05:56.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast