Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: French Presidential Election

Default Re: French Presidential Election

Quote Originally Posted by Tristuskhan View Post
    Melenchon has a very awkward leniency towards Maduro and the Castros. But no tenderness for Putin or North Korea, never. I'm not Brenus, maybe you can trust me.
    It is not about trusting or distrusting Brenus. It is about trusting or distrusting a person who supports/ed a politician and is now trying to prove those, who criticize him, wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tristuskhan View Post
    He just said Russia is an important actor and as such shall not be treated lightly. Isn't it what you want to make us understand too?
    "Being not treated lightly" means "taking it seriously". It is quite different from "establishing a warm realtionship", isn't it?

Senior Member Senior Member Brenus's Avatar

"Being not treated lightly" means "taking it seriously". It is quite different from "establishing a warm realtionship", isn't it?
    Well done, you spotted it!

"It is about trusting or distrusting a person who supports/ed a politician and is now trying to prove those, who criticize him, wrong." They don't criticise him, they bluntly lied. Telling that someone (well, his "adviser") said something and it is not what he said, is a lie.
    Disagree with someone is normal. Using lie is not.
    Last edited by Brenus; 05-20-2017 at 14:54.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.

"I've been in few famous last stands, lad, and they're butcher shops. That's what Blouse's leading you into, mark my words. What'll you lot do then? We've had a few scuffles, but that's not war. Think you'll be man enough to stand, when the metal meets the meat?"
    "You did, sarge", said Polly." You said you were in few last stands."
    "Yeah, lad. But I was holding the metal"
    Sergeant Major Jackrum 10th Light Foot Infantery Regiment "Inns-and-Out"

Incorruptible Forest Manager Member Tristuskhan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    This matter winds itself ever in new riddles, as Faramir used to say. Who's Marianne
    This: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marianne_(magazine) , the english article is very basic but marianne is the only independant mainstream news source. Center-right, indeed, but reliable and republican enough to have me, authoritarian left winger, reading it for fifteen years.

who's Founder
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Fran%C3%A7ois_Kahn

The one who made mistakes and aknowledges it. The only one among french media.

and is Bayrou an adjective to have degrees of comparison?
    You nail it... Almost an adjective. "Central". "Somehow useful". "honest to foolishness". "crappy 'friends' ". "almost convincing". "A whole lotta scars between the shoulder plates". Bayrou... oh my, this last one looks very likely very soon, again.
    Last edited by Tristuskhan; 05-21-2017 at 01:20.
    "Les Cons ça ose tout, c'est même à ça qu'on les reconnait"

Kentoc'h Mervel Eget Bezañ Saotret - Death feels better than stain, motto of the Breton People. Emgann!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112