Thread: Steam Winter sale 2016

For TosaInu and the Org Senior Member The_Emperor's Avatar

Lightbulb Steam Winter sale 2016

Well the Steam Winter sale is on, and yours truly is looking for inspiration.

Please post your recomendations!

Also I never actually purchased Attila or Warhammer total war and I'd like to hear people's opinions on where they rank in the series and if they are worth buying, yes I know I've been total slacking!
    "Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it."

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Steam Winter sale 2016

So far I've gotten Planet Coaster (seems to have picked up Rollercoaster Tycoon's slack), Cities: Skylines, and Ultimate General: Civil War which is DarthMod's second effort after he made the similar Ultimate General: Gettysburg a couple years back. I also might pick up Tyranny, which is an RPG I've heard good things about.

So naturally, I've immediately gone back to playing Football Manager.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

I do consider the new Hitman, but I could also put the money to better use.
    Didn't buy anything so far. A lot of games merely don't interest me, others (ArmA 3, Project CARS) seem to HEAVILY prefer NVidia customers, so I can feel free to ignore them and the very few remaining games, well, I do have plenty of other games I'm not done with, so why spend 25€ on Hitman? By the time I'm tired of the other games, it may be even cheaper in the Spring Sale or so...

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Emperor, go buy Attila! No really, it's a wonderful game, I really enjoyed it.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

What's the consensus on Pillars of Eternity? I've been back and forth on buying it. Is it worth it? How necessary are the expansion improvements to enjoyment?
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cannot comment on expansions, but I enjoyed the original. Played 40~ hours, but other priorities took over once I completed it.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Member thankful for this post:

Xiahou