Thread: Aedui and raiding

Default Aedui and raiding

Hi

Really enjoying 2.2f: thanks!

Can anyone advise about how to get the best out of raiding? I'm playing Aedui for the first time and noted the message about raiding. I'm assuming that I can raise money this way as long as the raiders move from territory to territory... but what are the mechanics? Do I need to have an FM present? How can I see how much money I'm raising (if I can)? How soon can I return to the same area? Does the size of my stack affect the money? What other factions can use raiding? Any other tips?

Thanks!

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Default Re: Aedui and raiding

The mechanic uses GeneralDevastatesTile, which means it has to be a named character (General or FM) in charge. Devastation still happens with a captain-led stack, the game just can't log it with the raiding mechanic. As long as you move every other turn, you get 800 mnai on the second turn of devastating somewhere (doesn't matter how big the stack is, so if you have multiple spare FMs, best to use smaller stacks in different places).

All the nomadic and "barbarian" factions can get income from raiding. It's a way to give them something, besides free upkeep, to aid their early economy.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Member thankful for this post:

Default Re: Aedui and raiding

Thanks! That all makes sense. And explains why my Aedui have no money!

Member thankful for this post: